PDA

View Full Version : [Suggestion] Make parks transferable?

Manaray
12-22-2016, 06:07 PM
Not sure if this is even possible but it would be a really cool and useful addition to the game. The ability to save your parks from RCT Classic/RCT1/RCT2 and import them back and forth. Making a way that you can open your old RCT1 parks on the classic version and your new parks on RCT1 would be cool. Again, not sure if this would be possible since RCT1 was made such a long time ago, but its worth the suggestion. By the way, loving the game, I cant believe Atari actually managed to make a mobile RCT that I actually enjoy.

CommunityAdmin
12-23-2016, 09:44 AM
Hey Manaray,

Thanks for posting up your suggestion, it has been noted. We are in post-launch mode and collecting all suggestions / feedback so if you find more, please be sure to let us know!

Happy Holidays!
CommunityAdmin

Beaker86
12-23-2016, 10:47 AM
Not sure if this is even possible but it would be a really cool and useful addition to the game. The ability to save your parks from RCT Classic/RCT1/RCT2 and import them back and forth. Making a way that you can open your old RCT1 parks on the classic version and your new parks on RCT1 would be cool. Again, not sure if this would be possible since RCT1 was made such a long time ago, but its worth the suggestion. By the way, loving the game, I cant believe Atari actually managed to make a mobile RCT that I actually enjoy.

As cool as it would be I can foresee a potential issue. With RCT2 parks/blueprints would be fairy easy if the same file types but I dont think RCT1 parks from mobile coukd transfer to PC. My reasoning being that we have access to RCT2 tools (scenery stacking, scenery items, path textures) in the RCT1 scenarios so they wouldnt be compatible with the desktop version due to missing functionality and assets in the original game. But let us do it with RCT2 parks lol

dwwilkin
12-23-2016, 08:44 PM
At least making them transferable in each envrionment. If IOS, from iPhones to iPads. If Android, from tablet versions to android using smartphones.They wouldn't have to cross over to different environments if that isn't possible.

Origin8L
12-24-2016, 07:15 AM

As it's the season of goodwill, I'm pleased to let you know that this is already possible in the game. It does involve having the Toolkit - accessed via the InApp-Purchase (+ button on the main menu).

With the Toolkit you can design and build your own parks, use the Ride Designer to build, test, fine-tune and theme your own designs, - and for you the most important part - Importing and Exporting: Share your saved parks, park scenarios and ride designs. This also includes the ability to import most saved parks and scenarios created with the original PC games. Sharing (import and export) is via email, and is fully compatible and transferrable between iOS and Android versions.

Hope that helps!

dwwilkin
12-24-2016, 01:30 PM
I am not sure if I have my saved parks dating back to 1999, but if I can find them, will this work from MacOS to IOS? I have a saved pic of each park, so at one time when I created all of those, I had to reopen the parks so I could then take the picture. Saving the game file for 17 years is crazy, right fellow enthusiasts? Who knew that one day we could revisit the play on an iPhone?