PDA

View Full Version : Scenery issues

faceless252
12-18-2016, 12:00 PM
I have noticed a few low res items in scenery mainly the vines.

I am not sure about the fences as they seem to be an odd length compared to PXP. They are not quite the 4 length as a standard PXP piece.

I wish someone would allow the grid to rotate in PXP when placing walls as the gap is huge. Say for example you wanted to place a wall at 45 degrees the length of the PxP walls are not long enough to meet up with the grid diagonally. Would be much better if the grid rotated when you rotate things. I have noticed the grid in Pxp mode when places scenery doesn't match the grid in none pxp. Both sets seem to be different sizes and the grid in normal mode changes size in scenery mode. In any case neither act the same way as the other.

When you also duplicate a pxp building you don't have the same 4 angles of rotation as in normal pxp mode. If like me you are building in sections to over come the lack of grid rotation and are using multiple pxp divisions or components that you group together the lack of rotation is annoying.

Would be so much better to be able to build something in one go rather than have to plan ahead to what bits you need to make one building.

There is a lot of things I feel about the PxP as anyone who has read my posts would know. It's a lacking a lot of freedoms and tinkering that would make the whole process of building a lot quicker and easier.

Anyone else care to comment on their thoughts to do with scenery and PxP???

BetterOff
12-18-2016, 12:15 PM
Say for example you wanted to place a wall at 45 degrees the length of the PxP walls are not long enough to meet up with the grid diagonally.
That's because the diagonal of a square is longer than the side of a square.
You would need a separate piece that length. You would also need different lengths for any other angle beyond that.
That's why in any grid based building system with set wall sizes, you would have to free place every facet.
Your south wall as one building, your south east wall as a separate building, and your east wall as a separate building. None of them will be on the same grid.

Geometry is awesome!

majherbhead
12-18-2016, 01:20 PM
In response to the grids being of a different size/scale, they are.
If I remember correctly it's something like this -
If you take a look at the Grid when building normally there are different sized square's.
Now, 1 square of the Grid in PxP mode is the equivalent to a 4x4 section of the smallest squares on the normal building grid.
Each floor tile for example, is measured at 4m x 4m x 0.1m (WxDxH) and a Wall piece at 4m x 0.25m x 4m. Meaning each of those tiny squares in the Grid in normal building mode are 1m x 1m. Which can easily bring us the scaling issue's this game has, but I will resist.

Which vines is it you mean exactly? Are they native to the game or UGC piece's?

faceless252
12-18-2016, 03:32 PM
In response to the grids being of a different size/scale, they are.
If I remember correctly it's something like this -
If you take a look at the Grid when building normally there are different sized square's.
Now, 1 square of the Grid in PxP mode is the equivalent to a 4x4 section of the smallest squares on the normal building grid.
Each floor tile for example, is measured at 4m x 4m x 0.1m (WxDxH) and a Wall piece at 4m x 0.25m x 4m. Meaning each of those tiny squares in the Grid in normal building mode are 1m x 1m. Which can easily bring us the scaling issue's this game has, but I will resist.

Which vines is it you mean exactly? Are they native to the game or UGC piece's?

They are the in game vines in scenery.

Like you said about the grid there seems to be a different orientation of the grid for scenery than that to PXP. In your example you have to sit really close to the screen to count those tiny squares. Even closer if you have zoomed out and they have resized.

4x4 squares need to be the scale for everything.