PDA

View Full Version : waterfalls

jdavies
12-18-2016, 03:32 AM
hey they said we can make waterfalls in the game . I have been looking all over the game and can't figure out how to make them. Was that a lie to or has someone made them yet. If so tell us how to make waterfalls

Dionysus
12-18-2016, 06:24 AM
hey they said we can make waterfalls in the game . I have been looking all over the game and can't figure out how to make them. Was that a lie to or has someone made them yet. If so tell us how to make waterfalls

Its one of the set pieces. No you can't make your own waterfalls you have to live with the one the devs designed. Don't worry though. The devs think they are more creative than you anyway, so just use their set piece and your park won't look like anyone elses. Promise.

Beaker86
12-18-2016, 10:36 AM
Its not a lie its just Atari being 'creative' with their wordings. The Waterfall is a massive centrepiece item

faceless252
12-18-2016, 12:07 PM
Stuff will come. It's just a bit slow in coming out. I like the idea of creating a point of origin for a water effect and letting it flow down a hill or mountain to create a river. I like the idea of all the fx pieces being able to customize how much and how often. like fireworks, light shows, bubble, fire etc

Bare in mind a lot of the stuff in the game at present is the barebones with everything working at the optimized level graphics wise so content can in theory come thick and fast now the coding is out of the way.

chill_eule
12-18-2016, 03:26 PM
everything working at the optimized level graphics

LOL

(have to add 7 characters)

Forgath
12-19-2016, 02:46 AM
I have not seen the waterfall centerpiece yet, but I might not have looked good enough. Or is it part of the 'deluxe edition'?

Side-note: I don't find my self made waterfall suited for upload to steam. I still needs a lot of work.

Beaker86
12-19-2016, 07:31 AM
Thats a good question Forgath I believe its standard but with so much scenery added for deluxe at launch (golf buggies, dino dig, windsurf boards, mine carts etc) I cant be sure

faceless252
12-19-2016, 10:06 AM
I have not seen the waterfall centerpiece yet, but I might not have looked good enough. Or is it part of the 'deluxe edition'?

Side-note: I don't find my self made waterfall suited for upload to steam. I still needs a lot of work.

I have seen the centre piece but I was thinking more of being able to create your own.

Forgath
12-19-2016, 11:59 AM
I have seen the centre piece but I was thinking more of being able to create your own.

You can create your own waterfall in Unity (it's how I did), but not currently in game (as far as I know).

I don't mind to try and create some more 'waterfalls / streams' , but it will mean ofcourse the quality is less.

Beaker86
12-19-2016, 04:09 PM
I would be surprised if we get the option as it would require coding fluid dynamics which would be a ton of work and imo there are many other more importsnt things to get done

DanPlayer01
12-22-2016, 12:37 PM
Yeah custom.made waterfalls still arent in the game. Hopefully they will.come at some point.