PDA

View Full Version : Post-Release Update #2 - Whimsy Theme and Holiday Decorations!

CommunityAdmin
12-16-2016, 05:12 PM
Hello Tycoons,

Happy Holidays from all of us at team RCTW! Today, we are proud to announce the release of our next update, chock full of new content including a new theme, a new camera and Holiday decorations, along with additional bug fixes and improvements. Read on for details!

http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/12152016_03.png

For this update, we’ve gone BIG!!! We’re adding a whole new theme – Whimsy! – which comes with 3 new flatrides and a host of theme-specific scenery items and PxP items that can be placed instantly in your park or used to design your own holiday creations. Whimsy is a playful, kid-friendly new theme guaranteed to bring a smile to tycoons of all ages. Check out our latest flatrides The Montgolfières, Bugmania and Downtown Traffic below!

http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/12152016_02.png

http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/12152016_05.png

http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/12152016_04.png

Paired with the removal of Scenery collision that we introduced in our last update, we can’t wait to see how your parks evolve. Remember to share your new creations via Steam Workshop!

Along with these updates, you’ll also find a number of Holiday items to bring seasonal cheer to your creations. Look in your scenery menu to find Holiday assets including a Snowman, Gingerbread Man, and Snow Globe!

http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/12152016_06.png

http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/12152016_01.png

In total this update includes:
• 3 Flat Rides
• 44 Whimsy Scenery (Including Paths & Queues)
• 6 Holiday Items
• 60 Whimsy PxP & 1 premade

Lastly, we have optimized the camera, making it easier than ever to craft your dream park and view it in all its glory.
And make sure to check out our brand-new trailer, showing off the latest and greatest from RCTW!

Click Here to Watch! (https://youtu.be/bocRdJ6n88Y)

Read on for more specific details of the contents for this latest update along with our full list of bug fixes. We’re continuing to work on additional updates and fixes so stay tuned for more details in the future!

- Team RCTW

----------------------------------

FULL UPDATE LIST

WHIMSY THEME! New content includes: Whimsy Rides, Shops, Scenery, Paths, and PxP (Look out for the teddy bear icon to denote assets that are part of the Whimsy theme). Full list of Whimsy Theme contents are below.
Audio: Deleting sound for scenery assets will no longer be audible once per 2 assets deleted
Camera: Updated camera and optimization.
Camera: The Ride cam in the Super Flyer no longer freezes mid-air.
Content: Whimsy Theme (3 FlatRides and additional scenery)
Content: Additional Generic PxP
Content: Holiday Items
Finances: Marketing UI has been updated to have appropriate screenshots.
General: The Deluxe Edition Art Book has been updated.
General: Peeps will no longer teleport out of the park after placing a no entry sign on the edge of the starting path.
General: Preview image now updates after overwriting a previously saved blueprint.
General: Holding left-click over any color and pressing 'ESC' at the same time will no longer cause the in-game cursor to disappear.
General: Switching quickly between Stop/Test/Open buttons on a Coaster will no longer grey out one of the buttons.
General: Coasters are no longer always highlighted when switching between different sub-sections of the Park Income Heat Maps.
General: Heat maps for Shop only is now consistently only showing Shops.
General: Peeps now enter the Theatre/Auditorium ride in a more natural order.
General: Deleting a queue with peeps on it will no longer result in peeps walking in the air.
General: Mechanics now target the closest roller coaster to fix.
General: A white stroke highlight is no longer displayed around the entire track during the Test tab if the coaster was edited by clicking on the track
General: Placing a scenery object with manual elevation will no longer stop terrain hugging on subsequent assets.
General: Selecting Flatland will no longer change the starting wallet amount from $25,000 to $10,000.
General: Preview image now updates after overwriting a previously saved blueprint.
Localization: "Il" should now be written "oeil" from the hints menu during mission 7 of map 1.
Mass Delete: The music of multiple mass-deleted Speakers will no longer be audible.
Main Menu: Creative Hub Tabs will no longer retain content from other tabs or lose content altogether when switching through different pages/tabs.
Main Menu: Can now unhide hidden items in the Creative Hub.
Main Menu: Creative Hub dropdown for Public/Private/Local dropdown now has appropriate text when not dropped down.
Missions: Player should now be able to click on whole icon of Tycoon Credits locked item to purchase it.
Pause Menu: Fixed bug that caused some of the Pause menu options to be invisible when completing all the objectives in story mission 1-1 and using the Pause menu button
Peeps: Peeps no longer take extended periods of time to exit a Closed park.
Peeps: Purchases Page now includes park tickets.
Peeps: Peeps can no longer enter the park with the carrying a teddy bear animation.
Peeps: Tweaks/fixes to Peeps textures
Peeps: Fixed bug that caused Medics to sometimes not have their bags in their hands.
Peeps: Staff member heat map highlight no longer reverts when picking them up and dropping them.
Piece-by-Piece: More fixes to the PxP Grid.
Piece-by-Piece: Selected PxP piece no longer remains highlighted even after player finishes the pxp building.
Piece-by-Piece: Selecting Add More Packs button within the PxP builder now brings user to the Packs section of the Creative Hub.
Piece-by-Piece: All Egypt PxP now match their screenshot/thumbnail image color.
Piece-by-Piece: 'Save Blueprint' button in the PxP editor is no longer available after deleting all PxP in the building.
Whimsy: Children theme added to Heat Maps.

NEW CONTENT LIST

Path Posts

Lollipop Streetlight
Mini Antenna Street Light
Wishing Star Street Light
Single Star Street Light

Path Scenery

Red Bench
Rainbow Bench
Bunny Bench
Royal Trash Can
Wormy Trash Can

Fences

Lollipop Fence
Lollipop Fence End
Cloud Nine fence
Cloud Nine Fence End
Rainbow Fence
Rainbow Fence End
Mini White Picket Fence End
Daisy Fence
Daisy Fence End

Décor

Ginger Bread Man
Freezy the Snowman
Santa’s Sleigh
Blue Rock
Egg Rock
Mushroom House
Yellow Flower
Frog Prince
Gold Rock
Red Rock
Spade Tree
White Rock
Yellow Rock
Lollipop Flower
Ball Tree
Fake Daisy
Flowering Tree
Bunny Hedge

Facades & Structures

Fable Façade A
Fable Façade B

Center Pieces

Snow Globe

Arches

Whimsy’s Castle
Rainbow arch

Restaurants

Smiley Meal
Mini Momotaro
Pasta-tastic
Saladman
Super Heaven
Wacko Taco
Heads Up Seven Up

Souvenir Shops

Whimsical Balloons
The CarePandas
The Magic Finger
Eye Magnifiers
Hatter’s Hat
Shirts R Us

Flat Rides-Junior Rides

Downtown Traffic
Bugmania
The Motgolfieres

PXP

Walls
Whimsy Castle Wall
Whimsy Wall Arch
Whimsy White Wall
Whimsy Half Wall
Whimsy Wave Wall

Roofs

Whimsy Roof Corner
Whimsy Roof hat
Whimsy Roof Large Cone
Whimsy Roof Point
Whimsy Small Cone
Whimsy Roof Flower
Whimsy Roof Inverted Corner
Whimsy Roof Mushroom
Whimsy Roof Side
Whimsy Roof Top
Red Roof
Red Roof Curved

Tiles

Whimsy Floor
Whimsy Podium
Whimsy Grass

Extras

Whimsy Chimney
Whimsy Door
Whimsy Cloud
Whimsy Arch
Whimsy Castle Corner Large
Whimsy Castle Corner Medium
Whimsy Castle Corner Small
Whimsy Curved Door
Whimsy Large Corner Round Window Open
Whimsy Corner Double Round Window
Whimsy Corner Standard Window
Whimsy Corner Round Window Open
Whimsy Corner Round Window Close
Whimsy Curved Corner Large
Whimsy Rock Corner Large
Whimsy Curved Corner Medium
Whimsy Half Stripes Corner Medium
Whimsy Curved Corner Small
Whimsy Half Stripes Corner Mall
Whimsy Dome
Whimsy Minature Windmill
Whimsy Minature Daisy
White Halo
Whimsy Post
Whimsy Rainbow
Whimsy Sun
Whimsy Tower
Whimsy Half Bridge
Whimsy Roof Cone
Whimsy Roof Flower
Whimsy Roof Point
Whimsy Roof Side
Whimsy Roof Top
Whimsy Stairs
Whimsy Top Cone

Deco & Lights

Whimsy Door
Whimsy Round Window Open
Whimsy Standard Window
Whimsy Round Window Close
Whimsy Square Window
Whimsy Standard Window Y Frame
Whimsy Plant Lamp
Whimsy Minature Lollipop Lamp
Whimsy Wishing Stars

DanPlayer01
12-16-2016, 05:16 PM
Downloading now, Can't wait. Keep up the great work.
I'm still waiting for dark rides and transport rides... :)

Beaker86
12-16-2016, 06:20 PM
Transports are confirmed for early next year Danplayer01 I'd expect thats probably the next update but wouldnt personally expect to see it until towards the end of Jan at earliest

coastercrazy19
12-16-2016, 08:16 PM
The fans would have loved a junior coaster and a tracked car ride that they could make themselves. This is becoming an app game.

jerseygrrll
12-16-2016, 08:23 PM
I think the guest animations were improved. I would still like to see family groups and not as many people walking around the park doubled over. However, as coastercrazy19 says, I would prefer junior rides and tracked car rides (go-karts!) that we can create. The flat ride footprints are huge. Still hate the stick up the butt balloons.

Armageddon1x
12-16-2016, 08:26 PM
Is the animated cutscene at 0:58 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bocRdJ6n88Y&t=58s) in the new trailer present in the game?

majherbhead
12-16-2016, 08:49 PM
The fans would have loved a junior coaster and a tracked car ride that they could make themselves. This is becoming an app game.
Its funny you should say that, I said to someone as soon as I saw the new Flat Rides that they look like they've been pulled from RCT Touch. They're so basic that they actually look like they belong in a mobile game. And the "new" food/drink and souvenir stands....
And also the new Facades. They're not new at all. They've just been re-named and re-themed.

osudenny
12-16-2016, 08:51 PM
will the game work now??

BetterOff
12-16-2016, 09:39 PM
Any day now that Troika ride animation will get fixed. I'm sure of it!

majherbhead
12-16-2016, 10:44 PM
Well I have to say I'm not very pleased with this "update" at all. More content and more things wrong. Been in the game for about an hour and found over 20 errors. 24 to be precise, yes I counted. And took screenshots and soon will be posting a rather extensive bug report. This game is getting beyond a joke. Does Nvizzio actually have a QA team that checks this stuff before it goes out?

Hersheypark2011
12-16-2016, 11:13 PM
I think the guest animations were improved. I would still like to see family groups and not as many people walking around the park doubled over. However, as coastercrazy19 says, I would prefer junior rides and tracked car rides (go-karts!) that we can create. The flat ride footprints are huge. Still hate the stick up the butt balloons.

Exactly my thoughts!!! I had assumed the tracked rides weren't changeable, seems others have confirmed it...that's really sad. Go-Karts are a must! Yes, almost all flatrides take up too much space (especially the swinging ship). Agree again, the balloons suck. They look unrealistic, and I also want (in addition or replacing the current ones) ordinary balloons like in all the previous RCT games--also with the feature of guests letting them go and floating up, with us being able to pop them. It's small things like this that gave RCT it's charm, but are currently majorly lacking in World.

coastercrazy19
12-16-2016, 11:17 PM
Well I have to say I'm not very pleased with this "update" at all. More content and more things wrong. Been in the game for about an hour and found over 20 errors. 24 to be precise, yes I counted. And took screenshots and soon will be posting a rather extensive bug report. This game is getting beyond a joke. Does Nvizzio actually have a QA team that checks this stuff before it goes out?

Based on their recent interview, the game is great and you're likely not being genuine and possibly just a troll/hater/whiner whatever else they want to call you.

Hersheypark2011
12-16-2016, 11:24 PM
Observation: The snowman has no arms. Yes, not all do, but a lot/most do. How hard is it to add in 2 sticks for arms? (Yes, nitpicking I know, but c'mon...)

Question: I was not expecting a new theme this late in development; I had lost hope in that. Does this mean there's still a possibility of more though? Medieval/Fantasy IS A MUST!!!!!! Some more pirate (part of adventure) or space (not necessarily sci-fi) would be nice too, as they don't have a ton of scenery (or any PxP for pirate...things like ports/docks and coastal forts). I also can't recall if we have any Native American scenery for the Western theme, like teepees, buffaloes and such...if not, it's needed. It's not the American West if the cowboys don't have Indians to fight with! I can't recall a scenery piece of a skeleton hanging by a noose from a tree/stand either.

Hope: We really need freeform/PxP versions of the mini-coaster and car rides...like we did in ALL past RCT games. Also Go-Karts, Hedge Mazes, and Mini-Golf courses, as others have asked/begged for countless times.

Kai Rubix
12-16-2016, 11:26 PM
The new "kiddie" Rides are going fast enough to break peeps necks! while I admire the tenacity of the developers to try to resuscitate this franchise. at least put in some effort to give some realism to this game.

Hersheypark2011
12-16-2016, 11:29 PM
Any day now that Troika ride animation will get fixed. I'm sure of it!

Lmao...I'm also still waiting on the Wooden Coaster railings/walkways (catwalks?) to be fixed. They look so weird with the walkway slanting on curves and those stupid, tiny railings.

Hersheypark2011
12-16-2016, 11:31 PM
The new "kiddie" Rides are going fast enough to break peeps necks! while I admire the tenacity of the developers to try to resuscitate this franchise. at least put in some effort to give some realism to this game.

Can't wait to see this! Jk, I can lol. I too am happy they're not giving up yet. Even with 2 post-launch updates though, the game is still lacking in so many areas.

BetterOff
12-17-2016, 12:02 AM
They "listening" and "taking notes" though, so, really, ANYTHING is possible!!!

SEA DOG
12-17-2016, 08:58 AM
is there a patch fix for the black screen yet? I have not be able to play the game since it went out of ea.:mad:

Beaker86
12-17-2016, 09:58 AM
is there a patch fix for the black screen yet? I have not be able to play the game since it went out of ea.:mad:

Yes was fixed with or shortly after post release update 1

SEA DOG
12-17-2016, 10:27 AM
well it's still broken for me

DanPlayer01
12-17-2016, 11:02 PM
Is the animated cutscene at 0:58 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bocRdJ6n88Y&t=58s) in the new trailer present in the game?

I dont think so. But it would be amazing if it was.

DanPlayer01
12-17-2016, 11:03 PM
Lmao...I'm also still waiting on the Wooden Coaster railings/walkways (catwalks?) to be fixed. They look so weird with the walkway slanting on curves and those stupid, tiny railings.

Matylab confirmed that it's comig soon a long time ago. So...... :D

coastercrazy19
12-18-2016, 12:24 AM

Mattlab left ATARI back in the spring after the early access launched. He jumped off this sinking ship.

Horsti12
12-19-2016, 02:37 PM
The update could really bring the game forward, but since you can't edit the junior roller coaster and the car ride the answer is no.
I don't know why we can build our own roller coasters, but no car ride, even when the model is already made.
So my wish is that for the next update you removing the two new flat rides (car ride and junior coaster) and also the western ride and give us the option to build the track like we can do it already with coasters. Then give us the track design as a blueprint.
Do you want to sell the game or not? Then do what we want.

MR.sugar
12-20-2016, 04:57 AM
The update could really bring the game forward, but since you can't edit the junior roller coaster and the car ride the answer is no.
I don't know why we can build our own roller coasters, but no car ride, even when the model is already made.
So my wish is that for the next update you removing the two new flat rides (car ride and junior coaster) and also the western ride and give us the option to build the track like we can do it already with coasters. Then give us the track design as a blueprint.
Do you want to sell the game or not? Then do what we want.

It´s more like a hint that they plan few of these wannabe updates, but in the end of the day, they do not care much about the game anymore.

Dionysus
12-21-2016, 07:01 AM

...a long time ago. So... are you finally getting the picture. They are not coming. They don't care!

DanPlayer01
12-28-2016, 08:27 PM
Awesome update. Just wondering why their is no character for whimsey like their is for the other themes. Cannot wait to hear more about transport rides and what's to come in 2017.