PDA

View Full Version : RollercoasterTycoonWorld.exe has stopped working.

streetblazer
12-13-2016, 04:17 PM
Every time I try to start Rollercoaster Tycoon World, I get the RollercoasterTycoonWorld.exe has stopped working error. How do I fix it?

roryct
12-13-2016, 07:12 PM
ive got the exact same problem it loads the game but then crashes with the same error you have, im running windows 10 and have tried playing around with settings all to no avail. Also tried to contact the admins through this, PM & facebook but as yet herd nothing. it seems like a compatibility issue in some respects as i had it running on windows 7 no issues :(

hopefully you get a reply from someone with an answer!

streetblazer
12-13-2016, 10:14 PM
I hope we both get our games working again.

coastercrazy19
12-13-2016, 10:29 PM
The last time they responded to the forums was November 17th when they released the game and tried to pretend that they cared. A couple of days later they went into hiding and it has been dead silence since. They do not respond, they ignore with an occasional "update" that doesn't address anything major.

One of their own dev's/programmer said in a recent Twitch stream for RCTW that they haven't responded in a while because they're sick. Seriously, I'm not exaggerating, that was their excuse for why they don't communicate anymore. :rolleyes:

I don't think they put a lot of effort into RCTW, it has moved to RCT Touch. They probably have a couple more pity updates left and boring Nook streams that don't sell the game at all but that's about it. Don't expect your issue to ever be addressed or fixed.

streetblazer
12-13-2016, 10:34 PM
That's not right. I'm going to try reinstalling the game and if it doesn't work after that, I'm going to forget about RCTW forever.

Forgath
12-14-2016, 03:25 AM
Reinstalling will probably be your best bet. I believe you can also check your game files through steam without doing a re-install.

12-14-2016, 07:36 AM
Kinda like what Forgath said I always verify the game cache after an update is installed. Sometimes the game will re-install itself if a file seems corrupted.

streetblazer
12-14-2016, 01:06 PM
I tried reinstalling RCTW then I verified the integrity of game cache on steam and all the files were there. I started the game again and it still says RollercoasterTycoonWorld.exe has stopped working. What should I do now?

Beaker86
12-14-2016, 01:45 PM
Could you upload dxdiag and game logs?
Logs are at
C:\users\YOURUSERNAME\appdata\locallow\nvizziocrea tions\rollercoastertycoonworld\logs

streetblazer
12-14-2016, 02:06 PM
How do I upload the dxdiag and logs? I don't see a way to upload files to the forums. Do I just copy and paste them? Because there's a lot of logs.

Beaker86
12-14-2016, 02:12 PM
How do I upload the dxdiag and logs? I don't see a way to upload files to the forums. Do I just copy and paste them? Because there's a lot of logs.

Easiest way i have found it to upload to dropbox making sure tbey are public (other file sharing services are available) and post the links here

streetblazer
12-14-2016, 03:17 PM
I'm using file RapidShare..

Here's the dxdiag link: http://www.rapidshare.com.cn/364NavW

Here's the link to the log files: http://www.rapidshare.com.cn/y3JeDzg

Beaker86
12-14-2016, 05:27 PM

@streetblazer your dxdoag shows you having a 2GHz processor, minimum requirement for the game is 2.3GHz, unfortunately I suspect this may be your problem

streetblazer
12-14-2016, 07:04 PM
@Beaker86 I have a Lenovo All-In-One PC and I will not be able to upgrade the processor. I should have not preordered the game. Could you tell me a good gaming computer I could buy?

Beaker86
12-15-2016, 03:40 AM
Very much depends on budget and whether you want a desktop or laptop.
Desktop i would expect to pay upwards of £500 and laptop upwards of £800
You'll be looking for an i7 processor faster the better, 8GB minimum RAM but if you can afford 16 or even more ger as much as you can and a dedicated graphics card (looks like you have integrated just now) such as Nvidia GeForce GTX series again the newer the card the better

streetblazer
12-16-2016, 12:51 PM
Thank you @Beaker86. Thanks for everyone's help.