PDA

View Full Version : Game will not work, EXE stops working

Marion Sailors
12-07-2016, 05:38 PM
My game was working when I bought it. I just got it, played once, and now since it updated it won't load. Keep getting the exe isn't working immediately and it closes out.

Beaker86
12-07-2016, 05:58 PM
:( have you tried verifying your game files? Also make sure you dont have too many other programs running in the background.

Marion Sailors
12-07-2016, 06:49 PM
How do you verify. I've reinstalled it and Steam

Beaker86
12-07-2016, 07:03 PM
Right click the game in your library and open the properties then verify game files

Have you made any other hardware or software changes?
Also make sure all your drivers are up to date.

nicole1802
12-08-2016, 11:30 AM
This is the same problem that I am having

Marion Sailors
12-15-2016, 11:53 AM
There is no option to verify and no, there have been no changes

Beaker86
12-15-2016, 12:49 PM
Right click the game in your Steam library and open the properties you can verify integrity there.
Also double check your specs vs minimum spec someone else reported .exe has stopped working and had a processor below minimum spec

osudenny
12-15-2016, 04:51 PM
Breaker there is one more folder he has to open to verify the game but I can't think of it and now I can't anyways because I havr to do the uninstalling and reinstalling it after each time I play it. But this time I also have to do steam and Planet Coaster but there was nothing wrong with planet Coaster at all. I have to do that at least once a week with steam and everyday day with RCTW. I was talking to my friend and found out that he can't get new objects to upload from Unity to Steam but if he makes it he can use it but no one else can. Then I get some encouragement from the guy you set me up with to make more objects like I did in my RCT3 & [email protected] games. What is going on????

jerseygrrll
12-16-2016, 07:10 AM
The best sequence to follow after an update is to:

1. Allow the update to install.
2. Don't start playing.
3. Right click on the name of the game and select Properties.
4. Go to local content and verify game cache.
5. When Steam is done verifying, close out and exit Steam completely.
6. Restart Steam and then start the game.