PDA

View Full Version : Area 52, where are you?

0BobTheJanitor
01-13-2015, 11:01 PM
Edit: A devlog is to release today. Hopefully this means more communication between Area52 and the community, but we'll find out.

Many of the forum members are getting impatient towards RCTW, as very little information is being revealed; the moderators seem to have just disappeared. Other than the devlog that is to be released at the end of this month, and the few comments made by Dre, there has been very little interaction between Area52 and their consumers.

I understand that the switch in development may have left the new company still trying grasp what is being demanded by Atari, but the lack of discussion between Area52 and the people who purchase the game is starting to become a bit unprofessional. We've been introduced to a "Community Manager", but we hardly know a thing about him. The team is supposedly "100 percent focused", yet we've had barely any details suggesting they are enthusiastic.

Hopefully the devlog (if coming as promised) can clear up some of the miscommunication between Area52 and the forums. Many of us don't expect a constant stream of information, or for the team cater to our every suggestion, but instead just a "Hey, we're still alive" every couple of days, and maybe even partaking in some of the discussions; a "I like this idea, I'll put in my word" even if the suggestion is highly unlikely, or even being honest sometimes, because most would appreciate that more than silence.

Also I would like to state that Dre having multiple accounts sounds a bit fishy, like more of a cover story. Some clarification would be nice, but other than that, most of us forum members just want to know that Area52 is committed, and open to discussion. Thank you Area52, and I hope you know what you are doing.

edit: I've compilled some quotes from other discussions.

These guys are doing a bang up job of how not to do marketing and social media in the 21st century. You dont start a forum, invite everyone in, and only do a one time drive by give and take. Leaving the forum to then sit and die as you dont even bother to engage the customer and fans you invited in for almost a month. The same with facebook and twitter. I suspect they dont even have a community manager, and its just a task tacked on to someone elses overburdened job and thus it gets done when it gets done, which is basically how you DONT market a video game in the 21st century.

It amazes me, it really does. Do it right or don't do it at all.

This forum will bleed to death if area 52 isn't doing anything about it soon...

What kind of strategy is this? I can't commit to a pre-order unless I've seen some GAMEPLAY or WAAAAAAAAAAY more screenshots. How can you announce pre-orders are coming soon with no other information for me to make an informed decision whether I want this game or not?

I know many of us here feel extremely disappointed in this marketing team so far with the silent treatment.

Agree, i still hope they blow my mind away with this RCTW series but each day am growing less optimistic.

and like you said, i barely even check the forums anymore.

Not sure how this is meant to be released early 2015 when there hasn't been 1 screenshot or a video of a Roller Coaster, maybe they will change the name to Mascot Tycoon as they seem to be more interested in showing those instead.

Sooo... Where did Dre go to?

ugh no new update? i know we're being "impacient", but seriously?

It cannot be denied this new Area 52 and Atari combination are extremely poor at communicating with fans its really unprofessional compared to Pipeworks - of whom showed up a fair few number of screenshots and concept designs, and answered most of our questions within 24 hours - it was so good! Really hyped the game up for me.

Now how ever we got a wall of silence, and I barely bother to check the forums now. Annoys me how old fashioned Atari is... no other game company does the wall of silence anymore. Everything is community driven, the fans pretty much decide what the game should be. Atari clearly fails to understand that these days.

Heck i even played Battlefield Hard-line a year before it was out (it still isn't out) and gave detailed feedback for them to change it. Same with Star Citizen and Sky forge. I -know- I want to buy those games because I've played them.

I've literally no idea when it comes to RCT:World...its basically a gamble purchase...and other people tend to have "other ways" to get the game without the risk of the gamble. Lack of showing anything is just going to drive people to save their money. This ain't 2004 anymore. Annoys me so much when Atari won't improve itself.

Indiglow
01-13-2015, 11:10 PM
I said unsure just because I'm left in the dark, but I'm quickly losing faith.

If it wasn't for this being RCTW, if this were ANY other game, I'd have left this forum long ago and not looked back.

As of right now, it's the game series itself that is keeping me here, not the communication or the team who is making it but purely the game itself.

And, if this game is ruined in any way, it will not look good for the makers for future games. So much rides on this game and information.

ExtraCheese
01-14-2015, 05:14 AM
I'm still unsure about this game. Not sure if it's going to be good or we will be put up with a broken / bad game which isn't anything like the previous games. The sudden change of developers is certainly not contributing to my overall idea of the game. Especially because atari / area52 / pipeworks is completely silent about it.

The lack of screenshots / information makes me however sure that this game will not be released 'early 2015'. This is not a bad thing in my opinion, as I would rather have a good completed game than a rushed one (hello ubisoft & EA).

My guess is we have to wait for the dev blog to know more. There are some possibilities:
- They make a huge announcement with a lot of footage and information, making it actually possible for the game to release early 2015 (HIGHLY UNLIKELY)
- They announce that they are working hard and taking our ideas at heart (yeah right, doesn't look like it if you watch the forums), but have to push back the game to Q4 of 2015. (MORE LIKELY)
- Same as above, but release only a few screenshots and still clamp on to the early 2015 release date.

Paul_Boland
01-14-2015, 10:20 AM
I will admit I did expect to have some new information and a new screenshot or two by now. Hopefully we'll get some new info soon.

dwwilkin
01-14-2015, 10:56 AM
Since there are plans for Beta Testing prior to release, even if it is just to identify bugs, and perhaps not correct them (we did cross of a great many of Soaked and Wilds bugs in the Betas) I should imaging that the release of RCTW will be different than the disappointment of TPS. What is seriously disappointing at TPS I would imagine is betrayal. The used smoke and mirrors, AND used their Kickstarter to sell at one price for their entry version, then a short time later used Steam to sell that same version at half the price. No loyalty to those who said they would back the game which is still not ready for release.

Since RCTW is a game, even if it does not make in in early 2015, I expect that should it come with 12 or 20 scenarios, those whose systems meet the specs will be able to play through the game start to finish. Play sandbox with the rides, stalls, scenery supplied in the release, and play this version of multi-player that we are trying to get a grasp on. Beyond that, it may fail, but we should at least have in our hot little hands a working copy that meets that promise

Venus
01-15-2015, 01:09 PM
I still have faith.
Not going to lie, I had forgotten about this game for a little while, so I came running here today to see if anything new had been revealed. A little disappointed that we have nothing new, but I'm hopeful for the coming months.

RCTW1
01-15-2015, 02:06 PM
I really hope that RCTW is a reality. I'm rather disappointed in TPS. Sure there are some cool features, but it's still very hard to use. I paid too much money through KickStarter for TPS.

dwwilkin
01-16-2015, 12:22 AM
I really hope that RCTW is a reality. I'm rather disappointed in TPS. Sure there are some cool features, but it's still very hard to use. I paid too much money through KickStarter for TPS.
That is totally how I feel about TPS, but luckily I only paid half price, which was still far too much to line the coffers of the dev team there who just doesn't get it.

ExtraCheese
01-16-2015, 04:30 AM

What is TPS?

Venus
01-16-2015, 08:23 AM
What is TPS?

I believe it is Theme Park Studio.

dwwilkin
01-16-2015, 10:12 AM
I believe it is Theme Park Studio.

TPS is indeed Theme Park Studio. It is being developed by the No Limits team of Pantera. They have over-promised, under-delivered and can't be convinced that they have bugs when much of what they say is working, isn't

BenVenn
01-16-2015, 11:36 AM
I luckily managed to get my copy of TPS on steam for a much lower price than what others paid in the kickstarter. Not worth the price that program. Not even a game really

warly
01-16-2015, 12:07 PM
I'm unsure as well. The 4 screenshots posted by pipeworks look really promising. The ride screenshot from area52 took a step or two down graphics-wise. Getting almost no info despite "news coming very soon" is sad. Seeing so many people waiting for new stuff and having a "release schedule" in mind they could for example put up a countdown on the homepage so everybody would be happy and area52 has enough time to polish the stuff the want to show.