PDA

View Full Version : if i buy rct world.....

Heatherg23
11-25-2016, 07:29 PM
if i buy rct world will my rct3 be overwriiten with it? when i mean overwritten i mean like when my rct2 was overwritten when i installed rct3. thanks heather

JoëlNL
11-25-2016, 07:40 PM
if i buy rct world will my rct3 be overwriiten with it? when i mean overwritten i mean like when my rct2 was overwritten when i installed rct3. thanks heather
No.

Most games have a unique folder for their files so it is unlikely that a game overwrites another game when you use the standard install directory.

Steam uses their own folder structure, so it won't overwrite other games (unless someone on Steam's end messes things up which is unlikely to happen).

I can't imagine RCT 3 overwriting the files of RCT 2. That sounds like a human error.

boxman
11-25-2016, 09:08 PM
Love how my comment was removed for telling someone to do their own research and read the actual reviews before making a choice. I did not say anything about the quality of either game.
So again please inform yourself and read reviews as well as reviews of other similar games that were released just a day after RCTW.

BetterOff
11-25-2016, 09:58 PM
Really? You can't suggest someone read reviews before purchase?

boxman
11-25-2016, 10:05 PM
Really? You can't suggest someone read reviews before purchase?
The reason I got:

Discussion or promotion of products, free gem, or third party gem sites, competitors' games, illegal activities, music/intellectual property piracy is strictly prohibited. This includes any discussions to h a c k, exploit or run any Atari games outside officially supported platforms.So just because I mentioned that there was another game out there it apparently broke the rules, even though I shared no opinion of my own about either of these games. Atari and mods here apparently want the customers to be ignorant and not know facts or do their own research. It is funny how the name of this other game is all across this forum and yet when it comes to potential customer it is suddenly over the line even though I did not even mention it in a way to promote it or suggest it is the better product.

Makes me wonder if sleepypanda is paid, as I dont see why anyone would let themselves sink so low in a desperate attempt to sell another copy to someone who does not know about the negative reception this game has had. What exactly do you get from defending this company's behaviour in such a way when you know how dishonest they have been towards their own community?? If I were a mod here with morals, I would have revoked my mod status. Only explanation I can see is that sleepypanda is paid.

Wabigbear
11-26-2016, 08:42 AM
The reason I got:
So just because I mentioned that there was another game out there it apparently broke the rules, even though I shared no opinion of my own about either of these games. Atari and mods here apparently want the customers to be ignorant and not know facts or do their own research. It is funny how the name of this other game is all across this forum and yet when it comes to potential customer it is suddenly over the line even though I did not even mention it in a way to promote it or suggest it is the better product.

Makes me wonder if sleepypanda is paid, as I dont see why anyone would let themselves sink so low in a desperate attempt to sell another copy to someone who does not know about the negative reception this game has had. What exactly do you get from defending this company's behaviour in such a way when you know how dishonest they have been towards their own community?? If I were a mod here with morals, I would have revoked my mod status. Only explanation I can see is that sleepypanda is paid.

The original poster didn't ask for opinions on other games, they asked if RCTw would over-write RCT3...period. The other comments weren't needed, were they?

DanPlayer01
11-26-2016, 09:01 AM
The original poster didn't ask for opinions on other games, they asked if RCTw would over-write RCT3...period. The other comments weren't needed, were they?

Totally Agree.:D