PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Else Received Deluxe Version when they Didn't Buy It?

Hersheypark2011
11-20-2016, 11:11 PM
Has anyone else who only had the standard version encountered this?

So I played the Full Release version of the game for the first time last night, and I noticed something peculiar. All the game logos in the menus and loading screens had the "Deluxe Edition" banner at the bottom. I did not buy that version during Early Access, nor upgraded to it since then. I then discovered while playing that I had access to the Zipper ride, Big Tree centerpiece, and the 2 additional storymode maps, so it definitely wasn't just some visual screwup...and I even checked on Steam. It says I have the Deluxe version under DLC.

Even weirder, it says I got it on April 16th, when I bought the base game, along with the "Early Adopters" content. Shouldn't those both be listed as Nov 16th? My only conclusion is that Atari threw in the Deluxe Edition for EA members in addition to the new flatride and shop. I checked again and they definitely did not mention that in either Dev Blog 19 or 20. So if it's not an unintended glitch, thank you Atari! If it is unintended? Well, I hope posting this doesn't lead to them rescinding it somehow...

Forgath
11-21-2016, 02:52 AM
This didn't happen on my end, so I'd say you got lucky :)

Blitser
11-21-2016, 09:27 AM
I did, I told every1 not to buy it, since it came as freebee, it came as a freebee if you done a fresh install, did not activate after just updating.
Don't know if this a steam bug or Atari trying to be nice.

Beaker86
11-21-2016, 10:11 AM
With the price reduction it would be nice if they had done that

Hointar
11-21-2016, 06:34 PM
What did the deluxe version give you anyway?

Beaker86
11-21-2016, 06:36 PM
What did the deluxe version give you anyway?

Gives you two additional sandbox maps, 10 additional scenarios, panda entertainer, zipper ride, a load of new scenery items (cant remember them all but include mine carts/rails for western theme, path planters) and a concept artbook

Hointar
11-21-2016, 07:00 PM
The game is so bad Who The F Cares!

Beaker86
11-21-2016, 07:18 PM
The game is so bad Who The F Cares!

Uncalled for - you asked a question which I answered

Hointar
11-21-2016, 07:28 PM
The game was called for and didn't come forth so I'll call it what I like!

TheMagicianThing
11-22-2016, 12:33 PM
The game was called for and didn't come forth so I'll call it what I like!
it was uncalled for due to you asking something and being upset about someone actually giving you an answer? that logic is like posting on facebook "I feel terrible, I wish someone can talk to me about it" and when someone does you tell them to leave you alone... smart

Hersheypark2011
11-23-2016, 12:08 AM
I did, I told every1 not to buy it, since it came as freebee, it came as a freebee if you done a fresh install, did not activate after just updating.
Don't know if this a steam bug or Atari trying to be nice.

Weird. I didn't do a fresh install, but I did have to delete my cache files to get rid of the black screen.

With the price reduction it would be nice if they had done that

Yeah, that would be. Atari should be taking notes..."under promise, over deliver".

Gives you two additional sandbox maps, 10 additional scenarios, panda entertainer, zipper ride, a load of new scenery items (cant remember them all but include mine carts/rails for western theme, path planters) and a concept artbook

Do you have any idea how to access the artbook? I had been wondering about that; I can't find it anywhere. Maybe it's not finished yet?

majherbhead
11-23-2016, 01:35 AM
The Art book is in the games folder. RCTW Art Book.pdf

Forgath
11-23-2016, 03:33 AM
I might give it a fresh install Tuesday next week. Won't have time to play before that.

Hersheypark2011
11-23-2016, 10:36 PM
The Art book is in the games folder. RCTW Art Book.pdf

Ah, thank you! Hopefully it's good, I really like looking at game art books.

Forgath
12-05-2016, 09:00 AM
I had to do a fresh install to solve an issue, but it did not install the deluxe version. Though it's only 5 euros extra I'm not interested at the moment to purchase it. To many things that have a higher priority.

Hersheypark2011
12-08-2016, 10:15 PM
I had to do a fresh install to solve an issue, but it did not install the deluxe version. Though it's only 5 euros extra I'm not interested at the moment to purchase it. To many things that have a higher priority.

Strange. Still no idea why I got Deluxe then, but I'm not complaining! And I understand, lots of more important things to put that money toward...life is too expensive.