PDA

View Full Version : RCTW Launch Stream

maxfreak
11-15-2016, 11:33 PM
Hello all! As we all are well aware, RCTW has been forced by it's publisher to walk the plank tomorrow! Will it sink? Will it swim? WHO KNOWS! (Well a lot of you are very good at guessing...anywaysss) I was nervous about doing this, as I've never streamed before. I won't go into the nitty gritty but tomorrow at 5PM EST/10pm GMT I'll be streaming RCTW from my twitch channel (will link it ahead). Let it be known I have never streamed so this ought to be an extremely interesting experience. It will be essentially a live video review as I play through it and build a park! I know plenty of you roll your eyes at RCTW, but I've played it enough to say I will do my best to make it interesting since I KNOW how to work around the games limitations. ;)

My goal is to demonstrate what the game CAN do and for those of you on the fence or curious about it, to help you on your path to judgement. It will be 100% unbiased and I'd love to see some of you there tomorrow at 5PM EST. :) Here is some of my RCTW work so you know what to expect tomorrow and my Twitch link: https://www.twitch.tv/maxfreak

http://i.imgur.com/judWufL.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/YYovn2Z.png

http://i.imgur.com/0ajx7xv.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ajHQgy5.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Yrf2e0A.jpg

boxman
11-15-2016, 11:49 PM
I will most likely come by at least and check it out.

maxfreak
11-15-2016, 11:54 PM
Thanks! Look forward to seeing you there. :)

HugeCoaster
11-16-2016, 07:01 AM
No such thing as complete lack of bias.

JoėlNL
11-16-2016, 07:54 AM
It will be about 10pm GMT if that helps sleepy
Which means it will be about 11pm CET (23:00) in most European countries such as The Netherlands. :)

Hersheypark2011
11-16-2016, 11:15 AM
I won't be home till after 5, but if you are still going at 7 I will be sure to tune in!

maxfreak
11-16-2016, 03:16 PM
I have to disagree.

Anyone that can see past the many flaws and failings, the lies and broken promises, to have been able to play the game to that level of proficiency, almost certainly has some type of cognitive bias.

All of the bias! So much that I haven't bothered to perfect my PC and Parkitect skills! /Kappa Thanks for speaking for me and knowing me as a person. *Golf claps*

FuddyWoodie
11-16-2016, 04:27 PM
All of the bias! So much that I haven't bothered to perfect my PC and Parkitect skills! /Kappa Thanks for speaking for me and knowing me as a person. *Golf claps*

No, not "All of the bias", the operative word was "type"

Sifting through the sarcasm (American?) I'm assuming you're telling me that because you have also perfected your skills on PC/Parkitect that I should consider you neutral? Does that change the fact you've shown an undeniable fondness for a game that has been universally derided?

I'm sorry if this offends you, but how can I, as someone who has seen the travesty that RCTW is, completely believe that someone is unbiased when it's quite clear they have a far less discriminating perspective than myself?

I'm not speaking for you and I'm not suggesting for a minute I know you as a person; but I can certainly take an educated guess on your orientation when it comes to RCTW.

maxfreak
11-16-2016, 05:08 PM
So just because I enjoy something im biased? Isn't that a given for anything we like? XD Good sir, I say wait until you see what I have to say on stream and make judgement off of that. :) I would add something else but I don't wanna go off topic into something else touchy. But if you see me as bias, so be it, that's your right as an independently thinking human.

maxfreak
11-16-2016, 05:53 PM
In about 10 minutes I'll be going live on Twitch to play RCTW and do a live review of it! https://www.twitch.tv/maxfreak

FuddyWoodie
11-16-2016, 07:17 PM
So just because I enjoy something im biased? Isn't that a given for anything we like? XD Good sir, I say wait until you see what I have to say on stream and make judgement off of that. :) I would add something else but I don't wanna go off topic into something else touchy. But if you see me as bias, so be it, that's your right as an independently thinking human.

So, I managed to catch some of your stream (Fourteeninchgaz) and I'm happy to admit I thoroughly enjoyed it. You showed RCTW in a positive light and I have to say it looked better than before. You managed to keep a lid on your obvious annoyance at some of the criticism the game was getting in the chat but that's ok, you still convinced me you had good intentions. However, as I pointed out in the stream it is still pretty poor when you compare it to PC.

I do apologise for coming off a little arrogant and you didn't really deserve that. You did a fabulous job on your first stream and, considering that your stream was populated with a who's who of forum regulars, moderators and devs you were surprisingly calm.

I hope you had a lot of fun doing it and you continue to do so in future.

ddrplaya4638
11-16-2016, 07:22 PM
From the bit that I saw I throughly enjoyed your stream :)

DanPlayer01
11-16-2016, 07:56 PM
Great stream ,Thanks! :D

maxfreak
11-16-2016, 09:06 PM
Thanks to everyone who heard me nervously ramble for 3 hours! That was actually fun but terrifying LOL. So many times I wanted to pause and run away. I thank everyone for hanging out and interacting! I was really happy with the turnout. Like I mentioned I'm no streamer by any means so I tried to be as "pro" as I could. XD *sweats loudly and runs away from anxiety*

So, I managed to catch some of your stream (Fourteeninchgaz) and I'm happy to admit I thoroughly enjoyed it. You showed RCTW in a positive light and I have to say it looked better than before. You managed to keep a lid on your obvious annoyance at some of the criticism the game was getting in the chat but that's ok, you still convinced me you had good intentions. However, as I pointed out in the stream it is still pretty poor when you compare it to PC.

I do apologise for coming off a little arrogant and you didn't really deserve that. You did a fabulous job on your first stream and, considering that your stream was populated with a who's who of forum regulars, moderators and devs you were surprisingly calm.

I hope you had a lot of fun doing it and you continue to do so in future.

Haha it's ok! Thats why I was slightly offended at first, I wanted you to watch it first! Then if you'd call me biased I'd understand! XD But I did a part towards the end in a response to being called biased. I may come off ranty so sorry if I sound angry about referring to your post. I was nervous and freaking out the whole time so my brain was racing. XDDDD

Forgath
11-17-2016, 03:12 AM
To bad I missed your stream Maxfreak, but it was to late for me. I'll try to watch it today if it was saved.

maxfreak
11-17-2016, 03:14 AM
It's ok! It indeed is saved, visit my channel and it's the second video! First one is of me testing things out like a monkey. lmfao

Forgath
11-17-2016, 05:39 AM
I watched your stream. :)

To bad the 'standard' game doesn't have all the scenery objects you were showing.
I guess I'll have to try and make them myself.

Beaker86
11-17-2016, 07:53 AM
I watched your stream. :)

To bad the 'standard' game doesn't have all the scenery objects you were showing.
I guess I'll have to try and make them myself.

Yeah some of them are limited to the deluxe but now that it only costs £3 for the deluxe upgrade I think the additional scenery and scenarios probably justifies the small spend.
Looking forward to trying the story mode out later

Nookriot
11-17-2016, 09:44 AM
Couldn't make it to the live show last night but have the VOD up and watching now!

Will be back with commentary!

:cool:

FuddyWoodie
11-17-2016, 02:00 PM
Thanks to everyone who heard me nervously ramble for 3 hours! That was actually fun but terrifying LOL. So many times I wanted to pause and run away. I thank everyone for hanging out and interacting! I was really happy with the turnout. Like I mentioned I'm no streamer by any means so I tried to be as "pro" as I could. XD *sweats loudly and runs away from anxiety*

Haha it's ok! Thats why I was slightly offended at first, I wanted you to watch it first! Then if you'd call me biased I'd understand! XD But I did a part towards the end in a response to being called biased. I may come off ranty so sorry if I sound angry about referring to your post. I was nervous and freaking out the whole time so my brain was racing. XDDDD

You didn't sound angry, but I think you missed what I was trying to say, probably because you saw my post as an attack. For that, I'm sorry, it wasn't really meant to be so aggressive in nature. The crux of it is that I couldn't consider ANYONE unbiased if they were to like this game. I hope you understand why.

Having said that, I will follow your streams with pleasure. You did a great job and if you can make the game appear as good as you did then I think you worked some miracles. Hope to see more soon.

maxfreak
11-17-2016, 02:47 PM
You didn't sound angry, but I think you missed what I was trying to say, probably because you saw my post as an attack. For that, I'm sorry, it wasn't really meant to be so aggressive in nature. The crux of it is that I couldn't consider ANYONE unbiased if they were to like this game. I hope you understand why.

Having said that, I will follow your streams with pleasure. You did a great job and if you can make the game appear as good as you did then I think you worked some miracles. Hope to see more soon.

It's ok, no worries! :) I understand your POV better, I think I was quick to hop the gun because of my nerves yesterday prior to the stream. I appreciate that! Super happy to hear I was able to make the game appear as appealing as I could. It lets me know I accomplished my goal.

One of the goals was to convey, this isn't an RCT game (not a bad thing per say), but it's a damn solid start for *A* theme park game. Some will call it blissfully ignorant since it is technically an RCT game, which is indeed true. But since we do have PC and Parkitect, with all honesty it's easier for me to turn a blind eye to it's legacy and treat it as it's own entity if that makes sense.