PDA

View Full Version : RCTW – Early Access – Dev Blog #19: Release Date!

CommunityAdmin
11-10-2016, 07:35 PM
Hello Tycoons!

The time is now! We are excited to announce the official release date for RollerCoaster Tycoon World: Wednesday, November 16th, ahead of the upcoming Holiday season. It’s been a great ride and we can’t wait to finally present the new and improved RCTW to you all! Our November 16th release will include all the new features we laid out in our last blog – a brand-new progression mode, new UI and main menu, refreshed peeps – along with tons of performance improvements and bug fixes. The game will be available for purchase via Steam, RollerCoasterTycoon.com (http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/) and other online distributors, and if you own the game already, it will be automatically updated to our full release version.

http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Screen-3.jpg

Additionally, we want to sincerely thank everyone who participated in our Early Access program. The game is where it is today thanks to your tireless commitment and love for RCTW and dedication to the RCT franchise. As a small gesture of our appreciation, every player who purchased a copy of RCTW in Early Access will receive two exclusive in-game gifts – a new Pendulum flatride, and our Candy Shop store. These gifts will show up automatically in your game when you update after we leave Early Access.

http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/pendulum-2.png

http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/candstore.png

For a sneak peek of RCTW 1.0, we’ll be streaming the game tomorrow, Friday 11/11 @ 2pm EST with RCTW designer Steven Lumpkin, aka Silent0siris on Twitch (https://www.twitch.tv/silent0siris)! He’ll be taking you on a tour of all the great new stuff we have in store when we hit full release on 11/16.

And remember – this is only the beginning for RCTW! We’ll be rolling out FREE and paid DLC over the coming months, along with continued optimizations and improvements.

As a reminder, make sure to save your blueprints now. Like we mentioned in our last blog, any item you save as a blueprint will be saved as we transition from Early Access to full release, but due to the massive progression and technical updates coming to the full release, your saved games from Early Access will not carry over to the full release version of RCTW. Make sure to start backing up your work now!

RCTW 1.0 is on track, and ready to roll out to you all very, very soon. See you in the park!

- Team RCTW

sofresh5
11-10-2016, 07:49 PM
What comes next?

Our planned feature list is HUGE! Here’s a sneak peek at a few of the FREE updates to look forward to in the coming months:

Piece-by-Piece Custom Built Structures
Scenario Editor
Mini-rides and Dark Rides
Additional scenarios
Transport Rides
Fence Builder
New and expanded decoration themes
Additional Flat-rides
Weather
Custom music
New Rollercoaster types

We will of course also be working on performance and user experience improvements, graphics updates, major as-yet-unannounced functionalities, and improving the base game in coordination with you all.
^Blog 30

And remember – this is only the beginning for RCTW! We’ll be rolling out FREE and paid DLC over the coming months, along with continued optimizations and improvements.
^Now

Nice memes can I get my refund now?

Zerael
11-10-2016, 07:51 PM
http://i.imgur.com/uBrguib.png

fix this please http://www.breatheheavy.com/exhale/home/breatheh/public_html//exhale/uploads/emoticons/uknowit.gif

Snick3rsAUS
11-10-2016, 08:38 PM
Soooo, Atari has announced that nVizzio has also been working on Rollercoaster tycoon Touch for mobile devices.... wow... if this has in any way impacted on the development of RCTW (which I am sure it has) I am going to be very disappointed

Sanguis
11-10-2016, 08:56 PM
You get out of EA but continue as before, just renaming updates "dlc"? Some even paid? Really?
I bought the game before it was EA. I had really much hopes for the EA... some things really changed and got better. Thanks for this. But do you really think it is that much finished now? Think back at the point you decided the Full Game is going in EA. It was because much complainings from gamers, wasn't it? Do you want this again, Atari?
Even when you delete those things here in forums and on facebook, there are so much review stations that it will be the same like early this year.
Why? You have basics to build on. Do it (really) and it could be a good game instead of the casual game it is at the moment.
You would do the fans and specially yourself a favour. Please think of it.

Caine
11-10-2016, 09:00 PM
A new Update? Yay :D
But out of Early Access already? NAY!!!

The game made a good progress over the last months, but I think there is a lot of work to do, before you leave Early Access.
There are many missing features, for example waterrides!, darkrides, transport rides & the amount of flatrides or decoration parts isn't nearly enough to build custom parks.

I really hope that you will deliver the already announced and other features. Please don't let the game die!

But for now: can' wait to try the update :)

Duckzorly
11-10-2016, 09:36 PM
Bye Bye Atari and bye bye RCT franchise.... you guys seriously dropped the ball with this....

The fact that as had been suggested the long promise of all the stuff available for release is more akin to a lie than anything else...

I would warn you to expect a flood of complaints if your release does not deliver everything you had promised up til now....

Snick3rsAUS
11-10-2016, 10:16 PM
Bye Bye Atari and bye bye RCT franchise.... you guys seriously dropped the ball with this....

The fact that as had been suggested the long promise of all the stuff available for release is more akin to a lie than anything else...

I would warn you to expect a flood of complaints if your release does not deliver everything you had promised up til now....

Call me an optimist.... but who's to say that most of what was promised won't be in this massive update that's coming for release? They have been SUPER quiet over the past few weeks

Duckzorly
11-10-2016, 10:19 PM
Super optimistic...but I think they have been putting more development time in their new mobile game they have announced... would make sense for the lack of communication (sorry not lack - just nil) and I just am confident I could bet the proverbial that the content promised won't be in...

Of course it WILL however be in paid DLC in future.... working hard to pay off their debts hey Atari!!

Snick3rsAUS
11-10-2016, 10:30 PM
Super optimistic...but I think they have been putting more development time in their new mobile game they have announced... would make sense for the lack of communication (sorry not lack - just nil) and I just am confident I could bet the proverbial that the content promised won't be in...

Of course it WILL however be in paid DLC in future.... working hard to pay off their debts hey Atari!!

*Sits in a corner and rocks back and forth*
It can't be true - make it stop! :p

Paul_Boland
11-10-2016, 11:04 PM
Is there a nuclear explosion happening inside the candy shop!! And this is considered ready for release! What about the missing content... Transport rides, water rides, weather, etc....? I'm holding you to this list of promised free content as that's what the game was sold on. If we don't get it, I'll be looking for my refund.

Marco Verhoeven
11-11-2016, 02:11 AM
Candyshop! Is it possible to enter it??

jdavies
11-11-2016, 02:26 AM
what happened to the beta we were promised when coming out of EA or was that a lie to just like every thing else.. and what happened to us being able to make tunnels and waterfalls.

jdavies
11-11-2016, 03:07 AM
they are talking about pushing the game out next week.. come on now give me a brake the paths still need to be worked on

Forgath
11-11-2016, 03:13 AM
I am not able to join tonight when the build is shown, but I'll check the forums when I can.
I'll reserve my judgement until then.

hupulups
11-11-2016, 03:50 AM
Just really really worried. Because for me it s too early to go out EA. Too much work again .And honestly i will certainly be sad and desapointed.! And now if i m wrong it will be a very good news!

Remco
11-11-2016, 04:11 AM
What comes next?

Our planned feature list is HUGE! Here’s a sneak peek at a few of the FREE updates to look forward to in the coming months:

Piece-by-Piece Custom Built Structures
Scenario Editor
Mini-rides and Dark Rides
Additional scenarios
Transport Rides
Fence Builder
New and expanded decoration themes
Additional Flat-rides
Weather
Custom music
New Rollercoaster types

We will of course also be working on performance and user experience improvements, graphics updates, major as-yet-unannounced functionalities, and improving the base game in coordination with you all.
^Blog 30

^Now

Nice memes can I get my refund now?

Still waiting on these things! :(
Hope that the quality of the game (performance, graphics) is much better since the last update. I hope so, but I'm not sure.

Prody67
11-11-2016, 07:06 AM
Will be watching the stream this evening 7pm in the UK.
Hoping to see major improvements, no crashing and most of the announced features and content promised.
Like Forgath, I will reserve my judgement until I see the stream.

GGD123
11-11-2016, 08:00 AM
Releasing a day before Planet Coaster won't save this.

JoëlNL
11-11-2016, 09:08 AM
All the best for Steven / Silent0siris when he's going to stream the game. :)

Millennium_Force
11-11-2016, 02:03 PM
So since this is the final release, it will be bug free right? I mean it's not like they added new content or anything else. It's also not like when they added new content in the past no new bugs were added...

ColossusInferno
11-11-2016, 07:54 PM
Remember when this forum used to blow up when new Dev Blogs were posted 😂 Rip

Kenobi Matrix
11-11-2016, 07:55 PM
Anyone know how to view what the live stream showed?

Caine
11-11-2016, 07:59 PM
Anyone know how to view what the live stream showed?

https://www.twitch.tv/silent0siris

use this link and click on watch last broadcast

Snick3rsAUS
11-11-2016, 08:21 PM
What on earth was that stream!?!? Slightly improved people animations. Paths are still completely broken and the "features" are basically gameplay options for scenario progression. Nothing that will save the game i'm afraid. They couldn't even answer the basic questions people kept asking through the stream. Will Transport rides be FREE DLC or Paid. Are there fireworks (which we saw in your photo)? What about Dark Rides? Terraforming/underground building? What is actually going to IN the game at release? What will be added later as FREE and PAID DLC??

Might be seeking a refund - Good thing Australian Consumer Law protects us against dodgy products that this is looking to be.

I got sick of defending this product to my friends and fans of the other game. "No it'll be fine - these devs seem to know what's going on", "They inherited a piece of disasterous code - give them time to fix it" - sorry, I can't anymore. I was really hopeful that today's stream was going to blow my mind with massive improvements that would make the game playable, but you haven't.

Duckzorly
11-11-2016, 10:00 PM
Might be seeking a refund - Good thing Australian Consumer Law protects us against dodgy products that this is looking to be.

Exactly mate - I discussed it with Steam a week or two ago.... they said no way - until I advised them of the Australian Consumer Protection provisions - they said they would revisit it once the game was released and refunds were requested.

Future RCT
11-11-2016, 10:48 PM
Is there another link to the stream? I can't find it on the streamer's profile.

boxman
11-11-2016, 11:01 PM
Is there another link to the stream? I can't find it on the streamer's profile.It is there, just titled wrong:
https://www.twitch.tv/silent0siris/v/100426481

Future RCT
11-11-2016, 11:05 PM
It is there, just titled wrong:
https://www.twitch.tv/silent0siris/v/100426481

Thank you :)

jdavies
11-12-2016, 03:56 AM
the stream just proved that the paths are still not fixed. The terrain still have's a lot of work to be done. there is still so much more work that' need's to be done to the game over all. We still probably can't make tunnels. They showed that there is waterfalls in the stream but did not show how to make them .

hupulups
11-12-2016, 04:33 AM
Oh my god! fantastic !amazing ..... i can find the words to say thank you for this candy shop!.......really really patetic!
Are you serious? all this time for that? To say stop we are not able to do better ?have you got a bit of pride?

Roder1987
11-12-2016, 06:01 AM
Héhé, RIP RCTW (said the man that was in the same time enjoying Planet Coaster Beta edition)....

Marco Verhoeven
11-12-2016, 06:42 AM
Watched the stream but when the pendulum was placed and stayed right up i cracked... Why oh why??? Is it so hard to adjust?? Planet coaster lets you adjust a ride sequence. That is freaking awesome...

Forgath
11-12-2016, 01:33 PM
I have not seen the stream. And though I have the opinion I should not let my view depend on reactions from others, reading the replies does not give a positive vibe.

boxman
11-12-2016, 02:29 PM
Watched the stream but when the pendulum was placed and stayed right up i cracked... Why oh why??? Is it so hard to adjust?? Planet coaster lets you adjust a ride sequence. That is freaking awesome...Pretty much every ride has unrealistic, bad or even missing animations. Even the troika still does not have swinging cars, even though mattlab claimed nearly a YEAR ago that they were hard at work at fixing it. They just do no give a **** and try to get away with bare minimum when it comes to everything in this game.

Forgath
11-15-2016, 07:39 AM
Is there a set time for the release tomorrow?

I'd prefer some information.

ccfan007
11-15-2016, 02:25 PM
So I saw a physical copy on stands at wamart today... Does anyone know what version of the game this is? Is it the one that is supposed to be released tomorrow? WHY IS THERE A COPY ON THE SHELVES???

Beaker86
11-15-2016, 03:05 PM
So I saw a physical copy on stands at wamart today... Does anyone know what version of the game this is? Is it the one that is supposed to be released tomorrow? WHY IS THERE A COPY ON THE SHELVES???

There have been boxed copies pn shelves for a while. On the back there is small print which says it also gives access ro the Early Access. Essentially they were selling the physical disc in shops to try and get impulse buys. A questionable tactic and there have been numerous threads regarding this topic previously so please can we keep this thread clean of it.

DanPlayer01
11-16-2016, 09:43 AM
Its almost 9am. Hearing some news soon?

coaster_tog
11-16-2016, 09:57 AM

lol - doubt it

sboswell2011
11-16-2016, 10:13 AM

I agree, will the Release even be made today? If so what time should we expect this to be updated????

intoxination
11-16-2016, 11:27 AM
I agree, will the Release even be made today? If so what time should we expect this to be updated????

It's available now and myself as well as many others can't even launch it. Black screen on start, so I would suggest waiting.