PDA

View Full Version : RCTW - EARLY ACCESS - DEV BLOG #16: Patch News and Halloween Content!

CommunityAdmin
09-20-2016, 03:48 PM
Hello Tycoons!

We’re popping in for a quick RCTW production update. As you may have noticed, our patch release schedule has changed a bit. Our next planned update is for early October – the target is October 4th – and will feature some spooktacular Halloween content, along with a number of bug fixes and tweaks. We’re moving to this new schedule to offer more impactful updates at a more measured pace. This ensures that our devs have the time needed to offer more substantive fixes and cool new content, all with an eye to our Early Access exit date. We’ll have more information soon about our launch plans, so stay tuned!

In the meantime, enjoy this creepy Jack-O'-Lantern concept art, available as a scenery item in our next update!

http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Jackolanterns01.jpg

Thanks!
Team RCTW

Bitter Jeweler
09-20-2016, 04:57 PM
Cool Jack-o-lanterns!

Will I be able to stack them to make the creepiest tunnel ever?

DanPlayer01
09-20-2016, 05:11 PM
Looking great! Hope to see even more Halloween content! Maybe change back the janitors to the original version where they flew around on broomsticks. :D Can't wait till the next update!

DanPlayer01
09-20-2016, 05:12 PM
Cool Jack-o-lanterns!

I hope so.

Marco Verhoeven
09-20-2016, 05:13 PM
Looks great!

Beaker86
09-20-2016, 05:16 PM
Cool Jack-o-lanterns!

*shakes magic 8 ball*

don't count on it :p
although seriously there is a workaround to let you stack scenery but it really finnicky and when they showed it in the PxP devstream they did imply it was temporary until they got that into the game

Zerael
09-20-2016, 05:20 PM
if they're leaving early access with broken peeps
http://i.giphy.com/Prcls2wReTysE.gif

Paul_Boland
09-20-2016, 10:19 PM
Atari, take note...

What comes next?

Our planned feature list is HUGE! Here’s a sneak peek at a few of the FREE updates to look forward to in the coming months:

Piece-by-Piece Custom Built Structures
Scenario Editor
Mini-rides and Dark Rides
Additional scenarios
Transport Rides
Fence Builder
New and expanded decoration themes
Additional Flat-rides
Weather
Custom music
New Rollercoaster types

Mattlab posted this list of FREE updates to the community just prior to Rollercoaster Tycoon World going live as Early Access. I was sold on this list of promised features and hence did not avail of the refund. I see you now talking about leaving Early Access while this list of promised free features has not been fully implemented into the game. If Rollercoaster Tycoon World releases without this list of promised features being in the game, I will be seeking answers or a refund.

deathtome
09-21-2016, 01:08 AM
Atari, take note...

Mattlab posted this list of FREE updates to the community just prior to Rollercoaster Tycoon World going live as Early Access. I was sold on this list of promised features and hence did not avail of the refund. I see you now talking about leaving Early Access while this list of promised free features has not been fully implemented into the game. If Rollercoaster Tycoon World releases without this list of promised features being in the game, I will be seeking answers or a refund.

I would have to agree the game shouldn't leave Early Access till this list is at least fulfilled.

boxman
09-21-2016, 01:24 AM
Looking great! Hope to see even more Halloween content! Maybe change back the janitors to the original version where they flew around on broomsticks. :D Can't wait till the next update!
Still think full release wont be this year?

boxman
09-21-2016, 01:24 AM
I would have to agree the game shouldn't leave Early Access till this list is at least fulfilled.
At least one thing I can agree with you about...

maxfreak
09-21-2016, 01:58 AM

I agree with you both.

Beaker86
09-21-2016, 02:21 AM
Atari, take note...

Cant really add anything to what you've said other than we need further bug fixes and optimisation too

sboswell2011
09-21-2016, 09:03 AM
I do have to agree with other Forum users, we should for sure see the list of items in the list that was provided by Paul_Boland before we exit Early Access. Building fences is a nightmare! Having to guess where to line up the pieces is very stressful! I am hoping that the new patch that comes out next month has new rides, more scenery pieces to choose from and all the things listed on Paul's list please Atari!

sboswell2011
09-21-2016, 09:05 AM
I wonder if we will also see some Christmas décor around December, etc...

Beaker86
09-21-2016, 10:06 AM
I do have to agree with other Forum users, we should for sure see the list of items in the list that was provided by Paul_Boland before we exit Early Access. Building fences is a nightmare! Having to guess where to line up the pieces is very stressful! I am hoping that the new patch that comes out next month has new rides, more scenery pieces to choose from and all the things listed on Paul's list please Atari!

I would be surprised if we got a lot of content in the next update - based on the announcement it looks like some 'spooky' themed scenery and a pile of bug fixes.
Any teasers/info of what else is being worked on in regards to that list posted earlier in this thread?

1CoasterFan
09-21-2016, 04:28 PM
Atari, take note...

I agree with you both.

Cant really add anything to what you've said other than we need further bug fixes and optimisation too

Yep. I agree.

DanPlayer01
09-21-2016, 07:02 PM

Totally agree, but not sure if you have used the snap or grid feature when placing fences, it doesn't work perfectly, but with most fence types the snap feature works pretty well to build straight fences. :)

sofresh5
09-22-2016, 06:26 AM
How the hell do you guys plan to leave early access soon with the game in it's current state? You have to be trolling! There is so much missing content that was promised. So many bugs that need to be fixed. So many core game changes that need to be made. The game engine still hasn't been upgraded. The game still runs poorly for most of the users. If this game leaves early access without the things promised before early access was announced, I'm going to demand a refund for misleading advertisement.
On another note, another theme or ten would be nice :)

faceless252
09-22-2016, 07:56 AM
Still think full release wont be this year?

Please please please RCTW don't give into the pressure of the rival release. I would be more than have wait until April next year if you did some major bug fixing and released new content before then. As for the updates moving to around about a month apart again this would be a massive improvement to the game and all players if they were meaningful updates. I understand there is still a lot of work that needs to be done on the game and therefore delay is better than releasing something which has too many bugs and is unplayable. I would say that the game is about 75% still as from the release into Early Access and if you truly want fans to stick with the game then you need to not only give us some sort of plan what we are still to expect and over what period of time.

I keep hearing the same old quote from the dev team that this game won't be released until it is ready and for the love of God don't until you have crossed the T's and dotted the I's on everything. There is a lot of negativity around this game but there is also a lot of people wanting this game to work and it won't if it is rushed and those bugs are not improved on the basis of players feedback.

On a positive note I glad to see the return of the Halloween content and this should stay in the game forever.

I seemed to remember the huge long list of things this game was going to bring and do differently with regards to multiplayer and weather to name but a few as well as the previously mentioned list of what's to come. Lets concentrate on getting this game bug free please before any attempt of considering a release date.

Remco
09-22-2016, 08:17 AM
RCTW is (still) totally not ready to get out Early Access. There are a lot of memory leak issues, and other bugs. And, as said earlier in this thread, there is a list of features that you promised us to get in Early Access.
And of course, a lot of work is done the last months, but it is still not enough. A PxP building system is not enough to get out of early access...

faceless252
09-22-2016, 08:39 AM
[QUOTE=Remco;99504]RCTW is (still) totally not ready to get out Early Access. There are a lot of memory leak issues, and other bugs. And, as said earlier in this thread, there is a list of features that you promised us to get in Early Access.
And of course, a lot of work is done the last months, but it is still not enough. A PxP building system is not enough to get out of early access...[/QUOTE

Totally agree. Community Managers, PR etc need to give a clearer indication of the dev team intentions so we don't loose faith in the game. I would have preferred that this blog update had more in the way of content in the sense of what is to come and what is being considered regarding the new update scheme. For example if it is to go monthly more in the way of what updates will bring what to the game. In part I agree with their actions to move forward with the bug fixes because these have been pitiful and not noticeable in some respects.

You have two lots of people to keep happy. The ones that want the bug fixes and more playable features added and those that want the new content. I think everyone would like to see any update have more of an impact on the game for the better and a definite sense of improvement that is noticeable to all.

Atari and Nivizzo really need to be more forth coming with their ideas, hopes and dreams for the game. The dev team really need to come out and show off more regularly what are their intentions. I like the inclusion of the artwork in this blog but I want to see more concept art to keep me glued to these updates if they are not going to be as regular or be further apart.

I feel we are all banging our head against a wall posting on the forum and I am hemorrhaging enthusiasm at the frustration as things aren't changing for us to all get more behind the game.

Asgaurd
09-22-2016, 09:00 AM
I feel we are all banging our head against a wall posting on the forum and I am hemorrhaging enthusiasm at the frustration as things aren't changing for us to all get more behind the game.

This.

MR.sugar
09-22-2016, 11:40 AM
Im wondering about hinted guest overhaul? They even showed pics. And since then, they don´t talk about it anymore....

deathtome
09-22-2016, 02:29 PM
Im wondering about hinted guest overhaul? They even showed pics. And since then, they don´t talk about it anymore....

Do you have source or link?

DanPlayer01
09-22-2016, 02:56 PM

What pics?

boxman
09-22-2016, 06:10 PM
Do you have source or link?
He is probably talking about the old mockup that Mattlab posted before EA release...

ctimberlake17
09-22-2016, 09:32 PM
Atari, take note...

Absolutely agreed that everything from this list needs to be in the game before it leaves early access. In particular, transport rides, more flat rides, and additional roller coaster types are a must because there is not much variety in the atractions and coasters at the moment.

Hersheypark2011
09-23-2016, 07:23 PM
Atari, take note...

I'm of the same mind. While I liked the last update, it's been the only really good/significant update so far. There are still tons of performance issues, peeps issues, and lots of missing features that were promised for free as you stated. I am trying to be supportive of the game, but if they launch without these features I will be furious. To me, at the rate they're going, it will be lucky to have majority of problems and content added by next spring. Unless they come through with some miraculous, out-of-left-field huge/impressive updates in the near future, there is no good reason (concerning game quality, that is) that they should even be thinking of releasing this game #soon. Remember the Dec 10 release last year? Yeah, it's starting to feel like we're getting back into that position again. An entire year later, rushing for a Christmas release, yet the game still isn't near finished.

As for this next update, hope it's as good as the last one, if not better. If released when they are planning it will be a month+1week after, which is roughly the time gap of the last update; so going by that, it needs to be significant again. Bug fixes and tweaks are nice, but overall the performance is still poor to extremely poor. Coasters still run unrealistically in certain aspects and have bad sound effects. Sound effects in the game is largely poor (especially those whining/crying kids...UGH). The peeps need more than tweaking. More music selection is needed. Halloween content will be cool, but I hope it's not just a handful of scenery pieces. With this being another "big" update, I'm setting my expectations for it to be it's own new theme. We only have 4 themes (including generic, which isn't a theme...). Halloween theme would just double as a spooky/scary theme, which would be awesome. Scenery pieces, Halloween styled shops/stalls, coaster stations, and PxP pieces. This is what it should include. Now comes the wait...

Hersheypark2011
09-23-2016, 07:28 PM
Absolutely agreed that everything from this list needs to be in the game before it leaves early access. In particular, transport rides, more flat rides, and additional roller coaster types are a must because there is not much variety in the atractions and coasters at the moment.

I honestly think there's a decent amount of variety (if you pretend transport/water rides don't exist in reality). Not that I think there's enough, but I don't think saying "not much variety" is a fair statement. There's currently 34 flatrides and 11 coasters. Not sure about RCT3 but 1+2 had roughly the same amount for flatrides (though better selection imo). Coaster-wise, yes this game has less, but they've also combined a lot of subcategories into single coaster types. Again, decent amount, but yes we need many more.

SoCalPaul
09-25-2016, 08:51 PM
These are cool Jack-o-lanterns. Since I formerly worked at Disneyland, it would be truly awesome if they could animate and sing. I know that isn't realistic. I just purchased the game and look forward to playing it.

joris416
09-28-2016, 12:56 PM
I see all kinds of comments on when the feature list will be expanded to what was promised in the first place, so let me address something we haven't been updated about in quiet some time as well: How about the Mac version?

I have currently installed windows 8 on my 2012 retina macbook pro. It runs the game, but with a very poor frame rate. I initially bought the game because RCT promised a mac release, and the competitor I dare not speak about did not indicate a mac release. Now, more than half a year later, with still a poor frame rate on my natively installed windows I would really like to at least be updated about a mac version.

deathtome
09-28-2016, 01:02 PM
I see all kinds of comments on when the feature list will be expanded to what was promised in the first place, so let me address something we haven't been updated about in quiet some time as well: How about the Mac version?

I have currently installed windows 8 on my 2012 retina macbook pro. It runs the game, but with a very poor frame rate. I initially bought the game because RCT promised a mac release, and the competitor I dare not speak about did not indicate a mac release. Now, more than half a year later, with still a poor frame rate on my natively installed windows I would really like to at least be updated about a mac version.

Mac version most likely wont be out till they fully release the game. Tho i can not speak for the dev team or Atari.

Beaker86
09-28-2016, 04:00 PM
There was an announcement some time back regarding linux and mac versions. Cant remember it exactly but gist was that one had been dropped and one would not be done until after the windows version was a full release

DanPlayer01
10-01-2016, 10:10 AM
Update is coming soon! Getting excited. :D

Nookriot
10-03-2016, 09:25 AM
#soon

:cool:

TycoonFury
10-03-2016, 10:01 AM
Can you give us any hint as any extra content not already mentioned?

Beaker86
10-03-2016, 10:04 AM
#soon

:cool:

Is this confirmation things are on track for going live with the patch tomorrow?
Any hints on what we can expect other than pumpkins?
#hype

Nookriot
10-03-2016, 10:39 AM
No confirmation, no hints...

I just couldn't resist the urge for an overdue #soon :cool:

When I know something, I will share for sure! :)

Beaker86
10-03-2016, 11:00 AM

Boo i got excited for a bit there

DanPlayer01
10-04-2016, 03:15 PM
Any news? :)

deathtome
10-04-2016, 03:24 PM
Don't seem so as of right now.

Zerael
10-04-2016, 03:46 PM
http://i.giphy.com/JzOyy8vKMCwvK.gif

B3DDO3
10-04-2016, 06:39 PM

You've gotta be joking right? You don't know anything about the update a day before so you thought you'd tell a joke that only you would find funny?

Come on Nook your making this game and Atari look terrible.

TycoonFury
10-04-2016, 06:52 PM
You've gotta be joking right? You don't know anything about the update a day before so you thought you'd tell a joke that only you would find funny?

Come on Nook your making this game and Atari look terrible.

Bit harsh don't you think, of course he knows what's going on, and why shouldnt he have a little joke, at least he's active on this forum. Comments like that make the community look terrible and yourself look stupid.

Beaker86
10-04-2016, 07:09 PM
In terms of when updates are ready to be pushed Nook will need to wait for that information going from Nvizzio to the producer at Atari (who we haven't heard anything from) and then being passed on to him and being told he can share that information.
However it is poor show that they still haven't said anything about the update for today...

Vertigorama
10-04-2016, 07:14 PM
Hi guys! Sorry for popping in so late today.

We're putting in some last minute polish and extra bug fixes into the build for this week, so we're slightly delayed. We'll have the new patch for you later this week!

luca1981
10-04-2016, 07:30 PM
hello to everyone, but this game will go to a successful conclusion? updates and improvements we want nothing bugs placed this giocooooooooooooooo

B3DDO3
10-04-2016, 07:33 PM
Bit harsh don't you think, of course he knows what's going on, and why shouldnt he have a little joke, at least he's active on this forum. Comments like that make the community look terrible and yourself look stupid.

Sent PM :) No need to attack me I'm just trying to get news for the community that as you say Nook already knew but wanted a little joke instead.

Armageddon1x
10-04-2016, 07:56 PM
I suggest for whoever's responsible for announcing release dates to only do so if they're ABSOLUTELY sure it will be released on time. It would have been better to just say October rather than the 4th.

It's not very professional if a company keeps missing their target release dates (beta 2, initial release date, theater ride).

Bitter Jeweler
10-04-2016, 08:13 PM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/31/fa/aa/31faaa42acd2fbfb4e15f83e87006162.jpg

loquacious706
10-04-2016, 10:54 PM
We're putting in some last minute polish and extra bug fixes into the build...

You keep using that word...

inspectorgadget
10-05-2016, 02:22 AM
I suggest for whoever's responsible for announcing release dates to only do so if they're ABSOLUTELY sure it will be released on time. It would have been better to just say October rather than the 4th.

It's not very professional if a company keeps missing their target release dates (beta 2, initial release date, theater ride).

If 2 weeks ago they say their target is October 4th then most would understand that it could be released a day or two later (possibly sooner). The fact people are getting so worked up that there's no new update yet is on them, if it's not ready then give them time to finish what they planned to include.

Beaker86
10-05-2016, 05:45 AM
Hi guys! Sorry for popping in so late today.

We're putting in some last minute polish and extra bug fixes into the build for this week, so we're slightly delayed. We'll have the new patch for you later this week!
Thanks for the update. Any info or teases on what is coming in it other than the halloween pumpkins?

Cpt.Ahab
10-05-2016, 04:03 PM
wait and hope and hope and wait.......:cool:

B3DDO3
10-05-2016, 04:30 PM
If 2 weeks ago they say their target is October 4th then most would understand that it could be released a day or two later (possibly sooner). The fact people are getting so worked up that there's no new update yet is on them, if it's not ready then give them time to finish what they planned to include.

For me personally I don't care one bit about a delay 9 times out of 10 a game is better off for said delay. What I think people are moaning about me included is why not let us know a couple of days before not the evening of.

The one and only time an evening of delay is acceptable is if something comes up last minute and a delay is only a few hours not days.

Bitter Jeweler
10-05-2016, 05:51 PM
https://cdn-webimages.wimages.net/051237237fad58624536cde4a21a13883e5f20-wm.jpg?v=3

Beaker86
10-06-2016, 02:35 PM
any word on update Atari/Nvizzio?

DanPlayer01
10-06-2016, 02:38 PM
Thanks for the news Vertigorama, by the way, Who are you?

majherbhead
10-06-2016, 03:03 PM
Still no update then?