PDA

View Full Version : Really Nookriot?

Philmon11
09-09-2016, 08:40 PM
Okay, I just had to made this because what happened ****ed me off. Since nobody has the balls to do this I will. I'm sure I'll get banned for this but I don't care. Let me give you a quote from what Nookriot closed a thread for.

Reason For Closure: It has been open long enough to allow for plenty of feedback to be heard. We got what we needed, thanks again!

That was one of the most constructive threads on this forum, and It was closed because they got enough feedback. Really? Why don't you just close the whole forums while your at it. "Too much feedback." Is it too much because the developers can't take it all? We know that atari doesn't give a F**K about this franchise, and it's VERY VERY OBVIOUS. Nook tried multiple times to get the thread to derail and get hostile, but he failed. And in the end, he closes it because they got enough feedback. So you're going to close the whole forums now too? How about you just quit making the game because it's been developed "Too Much." Too much feedback is one of the most terrible reasons ever to close a thread. That thread was so constructive, and so needed on these forums. Really. And then it's closed because there's too much feedback. This is why Planet Coaster triumphs over this game. In every aspect, Community included.

I'm sure this thread will be closed, but I don't really care at this point. Nookriot, please do me one thing. If you close this thread, point out to me in the official forum rules what rules i'm breaking, and don't say "Too much feedback."

I'm sorry if I somehow offended anybody, Nook included in this rant. I'm not trying to tear anybody down, I'm not trying to personally harass anybody, I'm just really annoyed at what's going on here.

Aaronroberts
09-09-2016, 09:34 PM
Personally, I don't think its wise to say "long enough for plenty of feedback" when a game is unfinished.

I personally think it was a quick way of handling the fact that someone called him out on his BS, I personally would prefer a COMMUNITY MANAGER who listens to the community, not an administrator who gets salty when someone calls him out, all the closing of threads is just proving everyones point.

Meanwhile, its been a year or so and the troika still isn't fixed, neither is the pendulum.

Millennium_Force
09-09-2016, 09:41 PM
I completely agree with all the previous posts, especially the second post. You can never have too much feedback, especially for an unfinished game. Who knows what other constructive criticisms could have been brought up but you just silenced all of them. You silenced every one that has anything positive to say about the game to. Once this game dies, and it will die, good luck finding another job as a community manager anywhere else. You as well as your predecessors have handled this community in arguably the worst way possible. Throwing away the fact that the game is unfinished with many broken parts, the community management is what is truly destroying this game.

Apple2531
09-09-2016, 11:00 PM
So I just created an account because I'm irritated by nook or whatever his name is. Who do you think you are?? Who hired you ?? Who are you?? How dare you close a thread filled with feedback, which this game desperately needs, just because there was "plenty of feedback" . Cut the bull crap and set your personal life aside because we all know you closed that thread because you got schooled by everyone. You are the community manager, you are supposed to make it easier for the consumers' opinions/voices to be heard not shut down. Ugh honestly I don't know why I'm wasting my time on this broken game. Block me. I don't care. 😑

Kai Rubix
09-09-2016, 11:50 PM
I do believe that was rather unprofessional of you Nook, to just close down that forum just because the reasoning was "enough feedback" there isn't enough feedback to be given on this game seeing how far from finished it is. You could have just ignored the posts that were directed towards you, you're better than this, but closing that thread makes me feel that someone just plucked the right nerve in you and your only retaliation was to close that thread.

just bad form.

majherbhead
09-10-2016, 12:10 AM
I have to agree here. How the hell can you have "Enough Feedback" on an unfinished game. Such a lame excuse to close a thread. And how could it have been open long enough, that thread only started 3 days ago?
You guys wanted constructive criticism/feedback and that exactly what it was. TRUE constructive criticism and TRUE feedback.
A thread where instead of people saying how good the game is, pointing out all its flaws instead. Not just with the game, but this forum too. That's constructive. Not being told "the game is great", "Everything's fine" that is not constructive and that is not what is needed.
You guys needed to here the truth. And from the looks of it, did not like it.
Keep silencing threads like that only proves everyone's point. Why give you the feedback you NEED when it just gets swept under the rug?
I really do hope you read that thread post for post too. It was a valid thread and should still be open.

boxman
09-10-2016, 12:11 AM
Exactly how I feel and what I wrote to him in a PM.
Of course no response though....

I am betting most people on this forum will be wiped during the coming "big cleanse" ;\

Philmon11
09-10-2016, 01:01 AM
Exactly how I feel and what I wrote to him in a PM.
Of course no response though....

I am betting most people on this forum will be wiped during the coming "big cleanse" ;\

Did you send him a PM when he was gone at PAX? That might be an actual reason why he didn't get back to you. Give it a few more days, although I seriously doubt that he'll respond.

Also yeah, I'm sure I'll be included in the cleanse now that this thread is a thing.

boxman
09-10-2016, 01:05 AM
Did you send him a PM when he was gone at PAX? That might be an actual reason why he didn't get back to you. Give it a few more days, although I seriously doubt that he'll respond.

Also yeah, I'm sure I'll be included in the cleanse now that this thread is a thing.
I sent him one yesterday as soon as I noticed the thread being closed as it really pissed me off.

TerrorToetje
09-10-2016, 02:06 AM
Don't blame it all on Nook trough hes just doing his work, for me the picture is quite simple! "Hes just the dude on the front taking all the hate". Meeh let me say this i'm sure the devs behind the game are doing there best to give is a working product. But for sure Atari is the one to blame, It's all about the development costs and contracts. If I was Nook I would looked for a other job. My bet is hes still believing in this game.

In my experience games that had performance problems on launch and still after a few months will have it for ever. If you build something on a unstable foundation it will collapse for sure.

Marco Verhoeven
09-10-2016, 04:51 AM
Closing a tread just opens another... Totally agree with TerrorToetje. There's a company where Nook is just the messenger. Don't blame Nook.

I see some change where people who really wanted this game to be good are starting to giving up on it.

Troika Troika Troika...

Reider59
09-10-2016, 05:00 AM
No matter if they come through with the goods or not I am finished with Atari when it comes to any future products. I don't like the way they flit from one unfinished product to another. The methods they use in selling software or the bully boy methods they employ in the forums. You just don't treat paying customers this way and close their communication as soon as it doesn't suit you. The day of judgement has already arrived, thanks but no thanks, don't bother trying to sell me any more of this stuff in another name! Thank God I got PC too, it has problems but we still maintain freedom of speech and more chance of satisfactory project completion.

ColdSpirit
09-10-2016, 07:31 AM
BAD management of the development on the game, bad management on community, bad management (and i would say incompetent actions)from mods/admins/devs/ceo's, Everything is bad in this game.Even the community handling!

Okay, I just had to made this because what happened ****ed me off. Since nobody has the balls to do this I will. I'm sure I'll get banned for this but I don't care. Let me give you a quote from what Nookriot closed a thread for.

Reason For Closure: It has been open long enough to allow for plenty of feedback to be heard. We got what we needed, thanks again!

That was one of the most constructive threads on this forum, and It was closed because they got enough feedback. Really?

THAT THREAD was closed NOT because it had "enough" feedback, BUT because it had 99% bad feedback...

Why don't you just close the whole forums while your at it. "Too much feedback."

I really expect that some game magazine sees this forum and give news in regards the whole bad management ATARI, NVIzZIO DEVS do on the game and on forum and even quotes some of the feedback on these threads

Is it too much because the developers can't take it all? We know that atari doesn't give a F**K about this franchise, and it's VERY VERY OBVIOUS. Nook tried multiple times to get the thread to derail and get hostile, but he failed. And in the end, he closes it because they got enough feedback. So you're going to close the whole forums now too? How about you just quit making the game because it's been developed "Too Much." Too much feedback is one of the most terrible reasons ever to close a thread. That thread was so constructive, and so needed on these forums. Really. And then it's closed because there's too much feedback. This is why Planet Coaster triumphs over this game. In every aspect, Community included.

PC = Too much performance
RCTW = Too much poor performance

I'm sure this thread will be closed, but I don't really care at this point. Nookriot, please do me one thing. If you close this thread, point out to me in the official forum rules what rules i'm breaking, and don't say "Too much feedback."

Nookriot will again close this thread, and i even dare to say that he will manage to delete both this and the other thread... (yes.. making screenshots on the other thread for the case)....

I'm sorry if I somehow offended anybody, Nook included in this rant. I'm not trying to tear anybody down, I'm not trying to personally harass anybody, I'm just really annoyed at what's going on here.
Do you want to know what's really going on here?!

This game reached a point of NO RETURN!
And if there was even a small hope, before the last update (even if the game got worst), with all these events on the community, starting the leaving of mattlab and Vanillepink, the worst decisions ever made on updates, the poor performance and bugs that never ever were heard to be fixed, and the more content on those updates which bought more and more bugs and worsened the performance, now there is no hope!

For me this game is completely dead...

Marco Verhoeven
09-10-2016, 07:55 AM
Wait a minute... Vanillepink has left the project?? Didn't know that.

TheMagicianThing
09-10-2016, 08:16 AM
PC = Too much performance
RCTW = Too much poor performance
Both games are still actively being worked on, it's still too early to say who has more or less performance. both games still have a sea of bug/crash reports flowing in. not to mention they are build on 2 entirely different engines that function differently :/
for my experience I have to do a lot to keep PC even running (many crash to desktops when launching or the launchpad giving up entirely (before steam) ) compared to my time with RCTW (which has its flaws) :P so yeah, premature judgement can cloud everyone's view especially the blind herd that goes for ultimatums

TerrorToetje
09-10-2016, 08:42 AM

Jup, but i don't think it had anything to do with the game itself.
I was also surprised I must admit she was a really nice person, for sure a loss for this community.

Beaker86
09-10-2016, 08:53 AM
Jup, but i don't think it had anything to do with the game itself.
I was also surprised I must admit she was a really nice person, for sure a loss for this community.

I agree - my understanding is that it wasnt related to the project and she certainly is missed. With Matt a really good opportunity came up for him - I'm sure most of us, regardless of how we feel in our jobs, would jump at an opportunity like that

hupulups
09-10-2016, 10:31 AM
Both games are still actively being worked on, it's still too early to say who has more or less performance. both games still have a sea of bug/crash reports flowing in. not to mention they are build 9on 2 entirely different engines that function differently :/
for my experience I have to do a lot to keep PC even running (many crash to desktops when launching or the launchpad giving up entirely (before steam) ) compared to my time with RCTW (which has its flaws) :P so yeah, premature judgement can cloud everyone's view especially the blind herd that goes for ultimatumsh

I agree. Lot of people just want to see bad side of the game and forget the bad side of the other....but they have forgotten..the games are not over !

Philmon11
09-10-2016, 11:05 AM
Sorry for not making this clearer, but I am NOT IN ANY WAY Defending RCTW.

Scott97
09-10-2016, 12:25 PM
h

I agree. Lot of people just want to see bad side of the game and forget the bad side of the other....but they have forgotten..the games are not over !

The difference is the bad side of this game is overwhelmingly obvious and the bad side of the other is improved quickly upon feedback

ColdSpirit
09-10-2016, 12:46 PM
Yes, unfortunely yes.

Both games are still actively being worked on, it's still too early to say who has more or less performance. both games still have a sea of bug/crash reports flowing in. not to mention they are build on 2 entirely different engines that function differently :/

You forget to say that:
PC has a steady and straight roadmap since the the beginning, RCTW not.
PC is almost bug free (yes there are bugs, the game not completed yet but is playable, unlike RCTW).
PC since the beginning focused on the performance releasing content slow and steady, allways releasing bug fixes immediately or almost immediately after updates as needed in order to please the gamers and make the game playable.
RCTW didnt focused on performance, didnt fixes bugs, didnt fixes the crashes and the source in which the game consumes too much memory.
Regarding the 2 diferente engines, that isnt excuse.
Skylines is built on Unity and is and allways was stable.And again, like Frontier (and many other devs ) released hotfixes right after updates again to make game playable.

for my experience I have to do a lot to keep PC even running (many crash to desktops when launching or the launchpad giving up entirely (before steam) )

Do you Own the game? Because PC IS ON STEAM!!
Or you are trying to say that you pirate PC?

Also that happened mostly on Alpha 2.1... Alphas 2.2 and 2.3 of PC ARE more stable... Mostly 2.3!!

compared to my time with RCTW (which has its flaws) :P so yeah, premature judgement can cloud everyone's view especially the blind herd that goes for ultimatums
I Guess the one who is having prematuro judgement is you...
I have both games, played both games, and i am speaking of NOW.
Só yeah i have actual facts!!

TheMagicianThing
09-10-2016, 01:08 PM
Do you Own the game? Because PC IS ON STEAM!!
Or you are trying to say that you pirate PC?

Also that happened mostly on Alpha 2.1... Alphas 2.2 and 2.3 of PC ARE more stable... Mostly 2.3!!
I crashed more than enough times from 0.1~3.3 just from launching launchpad or launching the game as you full bloody well know alpha 1 and 2 were released through a beta launchpad. and no I don't pirate games. I joined 4 weeks before alpha 1 went live (even got CHC just a month before alpha 3), I was just saying alpha 1 and 2 crashed a lot for me, even the launchpad was from time to time beyond wonky and unstable, requiring reinstalls of either launchpad or game. or both (even removal of folders to get a clean slate). and with alpha 3 on steam it did became more stable but I still have over 50 crash reports sent just with the reason "Launching the game" and frequrent restarts as the steam overlay kills the camera controls, really, really low blow for thinking I'm just a low life and pirate my games.
my amount of crashes on RCTW is around 7 and only since the last update and I've had only had a hand full of forced restarts since first beta :/ the amount of crashes on the other game for me was a little over 450 and counting

I Guess the one who is having prematuro judgement is you...
I have both games, played both games, and i am speaking of NOW.
Só yeah i have actual facts!!
the only thing I see is mostly misinformed/misconcted information of what you think of me, and of how my experience has been with PC/RCTW, I have both games. paid for with my own money, and I like them both. not only for the fun I have playing them, but the potential I see in what is to come :/ so thanks for showing your prejudice ways about me :(
P.S if you're curious about my system specs,
before august 2015 my system had the AMD FX 6300, 8GB DDR3 1866MHz, R9 270x,
my system now since december 2015 is an intel i5 6600K, 16GB DDR4 2133MHz, and a msi R9 390x.

Philmon11
09-10-2016, 01:23 PM
Guys remember this isnt a vs thread! Let's keep this on why I created it please.

TheMagicianThing
09-10-2016, 01:27 PM
Guys remember this isnt a vs thread! Let's keep this on why I created it please.
Coldspirited basically called me a liar and a thief (yes, someone who pirates games is essentially stealing the game) I just wanted to share information to him that it is not the case :/
but to a degree, I think the thread you mentioned was mostly closed as there was only feedback on how people responded to the original thread starter. not people adding feedback on the content of said original thread post.

Kai Rubix
09-10-2016, 01:33 PM
you know this reminds me. all these threads are being closed left and right, yet the Planet Coaster Vs. Roller Coaster Tycoon World thread is still up and I've seen many times where negative comments are flung left and right.

so I ask for the sake of argument, how come that thread hasn't been closed down yet despite the negative comments towards Roller Coaster Tycoon World?

Beaker86
09-10-2016, 01:52 PM
you know this reminds me. all these threads are being closed left and right, yet the Planet Coaster Vs. Roller Coaster Tycoon World thread is still up and I've seen many times where negative comments are flung left and right.

so I ask for the sake of argument, how come that thread hasn't been closed down yet despite the negative comments towards Roller Coaster Tycoon World?

Because its Saturday ;)

But seriously i think the previous thread was closed for 2 likely reasons
1 - a lot of the posts were becoming just along the lines of "I agree with what has been said"
2 - some of the posts were beginning to personally attack one specific person. Whether that person is an Atari employee, Nvizzio employee or general user doesn't matter making things personal is not cool

0BobTheJanitor
09-10-2016, 08:38 PM

It's in a remote part of the forum. At the very bottom.

0BobTheJanitor
09-10-2016, 08:43 PM
I crashed more than enough times from 0.1~3.3 just from launching launchpad or launching the game as you full bloody well know alpha 1 and 2 were released through a beta launchpad. and no I don't pirate games. I joined 4 weeks before alpha 1 went live (even got CHC just a month before alpha 3), I was just saying alpha 1 and 2 crashed a lot for me, even the launchpad was from time to time beyond wonky and unstable, requiring reinstalls of either launchpad or game. or both (even removal of folders to get a clean slate). and with alpha 3 on steam it did became more stable but I still have over 50 crash reports sent just with the reason "Launching the game" and frequrent restarts as the steam overlay kills the camera controls, really, really low blow for thinking I'm just a low life and pirate my games.
my amount of crashes on RCTW is around 7 and only since the last update and I've had only had a hand full of forced restarts since first beta :/ the amount of crashes on the other game for me was a little over 450 and counting

the only thing I see is mostly misinformed/misconcted information of what you think of me, and of how my experience has been with PC/RCTW, I have both games. paid for with my own money, and I like them both. not only for the fun I have playing them, but the potential I see in what is to come :/ so thanks for showing your prejudice ways about me :(
my system now since december 2015 is an intel i5 6600K, 16GB DDR4 2133MHz, and a msi R9 390x.

Nobody else has 450 crashes, odds are it's your PC. Run the game and check your resources, see if your CPU/Ram/GPU is getting used up, and check your temperatures too. Also look into your running processes to see if there is something running that is messing with your game process, unlikely, but it could happen. It's also possible the game is trying to access a corrupt library on your PC. It could be anything, but the odds of it being the combination of your specs is not likely, someone else probably has your exact specs with no issues.

ColdSpirit
09-10-2016, 10:44 PM
I crashed more than enough times from 0.1~3.3 just from launching launchpad or launching the game as you full bloody well know alpha 1 and 2 were released through a beta launchpad. and no I don't pirate games.
I joined 4 weeks before alpha 1 went live (even got CHC just a month before alpha 3), I was just saying alpha 1 and 2 crashed a lot for me, even the launchpad was from time to time beyond wonky and unstable, requiring reinstalls of either launchpad or game. or both (even removal of folders to get a clean slate). and with alpha 3 on steam it did became more stable but I still have over 50 crash reports sent just with the reason "Launching the game" and frequrent restarts as the steam overlay kills the camera controls, really, really low blow for thinking I'm just a low life and pirate my games.

While PC is in Alpha, this game was about to be final released on Dec 2015, right after the 2nd Beta which never arrived.

Then, this game is a Beta, PC is an Alpha, and since is an Alpha is normal the crashes... Unlike the RCTW beta... right?

Then the Frontier release hotfixes WITH release notes right after each update to fix the most important issues that most are getting.

Now maybe you are lucky one here on RCTW and one of the minory on both games.
I mean, the performance here is horrible, the AI is crappy as hell, the memory is eaten up until you get no more to waste!

On PC you can play fine... it has few minor bugs but you can play.. for literaly hours!!

I just supposed and asked you...

In regards of the rig.. AMD + Intel never good choice..

Which differences you noticed playing both games between both rigs? BTE which board you use?!?

I have currently:
CPU - AMD 8320 - 3800Mhz
GPU - SAPPHIRE R9 380x
MB - M5a97 EVO R2.0
Memory: 8Gb

With this rig i play at will PC and RCTW starts freezing on 800 peeps, with 1000 starts freezing a lot, almost unplayable, 1200 peeps the game becomes really unplayable leading to crash!

ColdSpirit
09-10-2016, 10:47 PM
7(yes, someone who pirates games is essentially stealing the game)

One could say that pirating could be a way to promote...

boxman
09-11-2016, 12:23 AM
At least that is not a problem with this game and the build in "anti pirate feature"
Atari made sure of that by making the game so bad that no one would ever want to pirate it.

TheMagicianThing
09-11-2016, 07:05 AM
While PC is in Alpha, this game was about to be final released on Dec 2015, right after the 2nd Beta which never arrived.

Then, this game is a Beta, PC is an Alpha, and since is an Alpha is normal the crashes... Unlike the RCTW beta... right?

Then the Frontier release hotfixes WITH release notes right after each update to fix the most important issues that most are getting.

Now maybe you are lucky one here on RCTW and one of the minory on both games.
I mean, the performance here is horrible, the AI is crappy as hell, the memory is eaten up until you get no more to waste!

On PC you can play fine... it has few minor bugs but you can play.. for literaly hours!!

both games run fine to an extend that at a certain point they both get low frame rates :/
for me RCTW has a high average with low 1% and 0.1% values (mostly due to random stutters, everyone has them), while PC gets low average with higher 1% and 0.1% values in the end I enjoy both games
and about the PC crashes. blaming it on alpha is fine, but having to launch the game 20 times to get it to stay launched (crash to desktops are a pain, and something I'd expect a modded skyrim to do. not a vanilla game)..... just makes me want to give up :(

nvizzio has provided hotfixes for previous updates so why don't you ever note that in any of the comments :P ?

In regards of the rig.. AMD + Intel never good choice..
this..... get educated, it doesn't work like this. GPU's are not CPU vendor dependent, they can be mixed. some GPU's just need more CPU horsepower to feed the GPU enough instructions/information to get most performance out of it.
if zen was out, and the benchmarks are good I would have gladly bought a zen based CPU

Which differences you noticed playing both games between both rigs? BTE which board you use?!?

:( my amd rig didn't survive the gpu upgrade I did (due to a stupid mistake I made :P lesson learned:"A non-pwm case fan does not make for a good cpu fan replacement" (the original cpu cooler fan was busted due to age) ) so I never got to play PC on it :P

I have currently:
CPU - AMD 8320 - 3800Mhz
GPU - SAPPHIRE R9 380x
MB - M5a97 EVO R2.0
Memory: 8Gb

With this rig i play at will PC and RCTW starts freezing on 800 peeps, with 1000 starts freezing a lot, almost unplayable, 1200 peeps the game becomes really unplayable leading to crash!

on my current rig, I have had 2100+ guests on PC with the fps hovering around 20~50 FPS. on RCTW I have had 1500 with my fps still hanging 40~120 FPS
but was able to test things on my sister in laws computer ( AMD FX 8350, 12GB DDR3 1866MHz, MB asrock 990FX extreme 3, sapphire R9 290x) with similiar if not slightly lower results (the fx 8350 doesn't have the best single core performance due to the way Clustered Multi-threads work compared to simultaneous multi-threads which games are more often optimized for and favor)

in my opinion still. both games are actively in progress and we have the power to be able to change it :) just have to do less "this is bad, and this is bad, and this is bad" and more "This is bad because this and this and can be fixed by trying this or this" (translation: less nonconstructive criticism and more constructive criticism)

boxman
09-11-2016, 03:57 PM

Because it is hidden away in the dark corner of this forum that only a few of us know about. The reason they are closing all these new threads here is because they do not want any new potential customers to see any negative criticism on this game as they fear that they will lose sales.

TheMagicianThing
09-11-2016, 04:17 PM
Because it is hidden away in the dark corner of this forum that only a few of us know about. The reason they are closing all these new threads here is because they do not want any new potential customers to see any negative criticism on this game as they fear that they will lose sales.
no :P it's in the off topic/community chat corner. just like with the other game's RCTW thread being in their off topic community chat corner.

Scott97
09-11-2016, 04:39 PM
no :P it's in the off topic/community chat corner. just like with the other game's RCTW thread being in their off topic community chat corner.

No it's definitely got something to do with negative publicity, there's been some very reasonable things closed etc in general discussion

Hersheypark2011
09-11-2016, 05:00 PM

Or a way to show no respect to everyone who has spent time making the game.

As for the actual topic of this thread, I have to agree with everyone that it's possibly the stupidest reason for closing a thread. I really think Nookriot has been doing a pretty good job all things considered though, with how toxic and hateful these forums get (not arguing whether or not the hate is warranted).

boxman
09-11-2016, 06:32 PM
You are completely missing my point.
I never said there was anything wrong with it being hidden away in the offtopic section.
What I did say is that they probably left it alone because of it being so hidden away in a forum section where normal users dont usually venture.

mydogthesenator
09-11-2016, 07:02 PM
Why is anyone even on these forums anymore? This game is absolutely ****ing pathetic and looks horrendous. Why anyone is wasting there time anymore with this complete disaster is beyond me. I see this game never being released & going bankrupt honestly. they can delete my account for all i care. Bye, been playing PC for months now and have been having a BLAST.

DanPlayer01
09-11-2016, 07:13 PM
Why is anyone even on these forums anymore? This game is absolutely ****ing pathetic and looks horrendous. Why anyone is wasting there time anymore with this complete disaster is beyond me. I see this game never being released & going bankrupt honestly. they can delete my account for all i care. Bye, been playing PC for months now and have been having a BLAST.

And people wonder why these threads get closed.

ColdSpirit
09-11-2016, 08:58 PM
and about the PC crashes. blaming it on alpha is fine, but having to launch the game 20 times to get it to stay launched (crash to desktops are a pain, and something I'd expect a modded skyrim to do. not a vanilla game)..... just makes me want to give up :(

Check your windows... have you tried on a clean windows install? When was the last time tou clean installed windows? Also drivers...

Deactivate any anti-virus/anti-malware/spyware, remove any running program in background.
Never had issues with crashes on PC Alpha 3 on start.

nvizzio has provided hotfixes for previous updates so why don't you ever note that in any of the comments :P ?

What changed did you know? There is any changelog?!
Hmmmm i dont think so..

Also on each hotfix (if we could call that)from Nvizzio nothing changes, problems are the same and worst, no post whatsoever on what changed. Period.

this..... get educated, it doesn't work like this. GPU's are not CPU vendor dependent, they can be mixed.

Never said they CAN't be mixed.

on my current rig, I have had 2100+ guests on PC with the fps hovering around 20~50 FPS. on RCTW I have had 1500 with my fps still hanging 40~120 FPS

Then you are the 1% lucky ones!

but was able to test things on my sister in laws computer ( AMD FX 8350, 12GB DDR3 1866MHz, MB asrock 990FX extreme 3, sapphire R9 290x) with similiar if not slightly lower results (the fx 8350 doesn't have the best single core performance due to the way Clustered Multi-threads work compared to simultaneous multi-threads which games are more often optimized for and favor)

Sorry but something you say is a little off...
120FPS?? do you have Video?! Prove me that you can run with 1500 peeps at120fps... and please, dont say that sometimes you can run at 120fps. It must the most of the time, not sometimes.

"This is bad because this and this and can be fixed by trying this or this" (translation: less nonconstructive criticism and more constructive criticism)
That has been done since EA!! Me, and other have been saying what is bad and why... no one listen...
So time to be more agressive!!

My bad review is already done.. others too.

ColdSpirit
09-11-2016, 08:59 PM
And people wonder why these threads get closed.

For they telling the truth?!
Cant blame them...

ColdSpirit
09-11-2016, 09:10 PM
Or a way to show no respect to everyone who has spent time making the game.

If windows never been pirated, Windows would never be the most successful and used OS of all times.

One more example:
The man from earth from the book of Jerome Bixby. A movie with low budget with an amazing story and was underated and never saw the lights on cinema. No one cared, no one bought nothing....

Until one day, the game was pirated, and people start buying it! It become a HUGE success.. So huge that Eric Wilkinson itself thanked all fans for the movie being pirated!

""In the future, I will not complain about file sharing" he wrote, "when I make my next picture, I just may upload the movie on the net myself!"

Thats why many leaks of many stuff (movies, tvshows, software) go online. To be promoted!

Trust me, if something is good, and gets online "leaked" is free promotion and many will buy! If it's not good then the promotion goes the other way, and people don't get scammed...

For example, many people were "scammed" on No Man's Sky, but many who downloaded, did not get scammed.. they just didn't liked and simply didn't bought!

And no, many will not buy, but wouldn't buy it anyway!

So what you were saying really?!

Scott97
09-12-2016, 05:07 AM
I can't condone piracy I think it's immoral tbh but pretty much all the other points you're making are decent. Saying feedback hasn't been constructive is just spitting in many people's faces really, yeah there's the odd person who goes on an absolute rage for being ripped off (can you blame them?) but most people have been constructive the entire time, since beta and before

TheMagicianThing
09-12-2016, 05:20 AM
Check your windows... have you tried on a clean windows install? When was the last time tou clean installed windows? Also drivers...

Deactivate any anti-virus/anti-malware/spyware, remove any running program in background.
Never had issues with crashes on PC Alpha 3 on start.
It also happened on clean installs and mostly during alpha 0.1~3.3 like I said it has dialed down in the last update

What changed did you know? There is any changelog?!
Hmmmm i dont think so..

Also on each hotfix (if we could call that)from Nvizzio nothing changes, problems are the same and worst, no post whatsoever on what changed. Period.
just because a hotfix didn't fix an issue for you. doesn't mean it didn't change anything at all.
https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?11467-RCTW-Early-Access-Dev-Blog-5-New-Typhoon-Ride-Released-via-quot-Mini-quot-Update! changelog for hotfix 1,

Never said they CAN't be mixed.

no, you said it was a "bad idea" while in fact it's just normal.

Then you are the 1% lucky ones!

kk, can I have my cookie?

Sorry but something you say is a little off...
120FPS?? do you have Video?! Prove me that you can run with 1500 peeps at120fps... and please, dont say that sometimes you can run at 120fps. It must the most of the time, not sometimes.
Yes I've had times where I had nearing 120 even 200FPS during coaster cam. but no not with 1500 peeps >.>, I gave my max fps going from 0 to 1500 peeps and who cares anyway
in PC I never get any fps higher than 55 (empty park)
both games running 1440P @max settings

That has been done since EA!! Me, and other have been saying what is bad and why... no one listen...
So time to be more agressive!!

My bad review is already done.. others too.
no need to be aggressive, like you are towards me. be more constructive.
for someone who hates this game you sure know how to persistently stroll through these forums like everyone did you injustice while we are only customers :/

and the only way your review can be bad is if you have terrible spelling or using words in the wrong meaning which would confuse everyone :/ in general all reviews are good (for the consumer) negative or positive

Forgath
09-12-2016, 05:24 AM
English ain't my native language so I usually stay away from giving my opinion. Simply because my words don't always express my meaning / feeling properly.

Philmon11
09-12-2016, 07:32 AM
So it's now a workday! Nook will probably discover this and close it.

Nookriot
09-12-2016, 09:49 AM
It has been discovered, yet I will not close it.

ColdSpirit
09-12-2016, 10:07 AM
just because a hotfix didn't fix an issue for you. doesn't mean it didn't change anything at all.

Yeah... same goes for you with your problems with PC... just because your rig can't handle the game good, considering you are a minority, it doen't mean that the game is bad.
In regards of RCTW the problems are common to 99% of consumers.

https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?11467-RCTW-Early-Access-Dev-Blog-5-New-Typhoon-Ride-Released-via-quot-Mini-quot-Update! changelog for hotfix 1,

I recall that there were at least 5 or close, hotfixes and that one, IS NOT really a hotfix even if they added some fixes. It is a small content addition update (typhoon ride)with 2 or 3 fixes.. also that one is from April. We are in September! Almost mid Sept.
So, in regards hotfixes, show me the release logs...

Yes I've had times where I had nearing 120 even 200FPS during coaster cam.

speak about playing the game, like building. Not on coastercam.

but no not with 1500 peeps >.>, I gave my max fps going from 0 to 1500 peeps and who cares anyway
in PC I never get any fps higher than 55 (empty park)
both games running 1440P @max settings

Prove that is true.. again, something is off on what you say.

no need to be aggressive, like you are towards me. be more constructive.

Not agressive, just confronting you with facts and questions.

for someone who hates this game you sure know how to persistently stroll through these forums like everyone did you injustice while we are only customers :/

I don't hate the game.. I just spent money as everyone who bought is and feel that they aren't taking the necessary steps to improve the game.
I own PC and in comparison, this one is a baby... and not worth of the RCT name.
Regarding the persistence, if its not the ones like me trying to criticize, they dont do nothing to improve the game and only hear the ones who say good which is the minority.
Also maybe since the last closed thread they started to listen on what bad this game has and for the first time will focus on performance ONLY in the next couple updates.

and the only way your review can be bad is if you have terrible spelling or using words in the wrong meaning which would confuse everyone :/ in general all reviews are good (for the consumer) negative or positive
Any negative review, along the majority of reviews are bad. Period.
They can dictate whether the consumer buy a game or not!

Bitter Jeweler
09-12-2016, 10:09 AM

You sir, have a difficult job.

Manager of the Drama Llama Zoo Tycoon.

TheMagicianThing
09-12-2016, 10:19 AM
Yeah... same goes for you with your problems with PC... just because your rig can't handle the game good, considering you are a minority, it doen't mean that the game is bad.
In regards of RCTW the problems are common to 99% of consumers.

I recall that there were at least 5 or close, hotfixes and that one, IS NOT really a hotfix even if they added some fixes. It is a small content addition update (typhoon ride)with 2 or 3 fixes.. also that one is from April. We are in September! Almost mid Sept.
So, in regards hotfixes, show me the release logs...

speak about playing the game, like building. Not on coastercam.

Prove that is true.. again, something is off on what you say.

Not agressive, just confronting you with facts and questions.

I don't hate the game.. I just spent money as everyone who bought is and feel that they aren't taking the necessary steps to improve the game.
I own PC and in comparison, this one is a baby... and not worth of the RCT name.
Regarding the persistence, if its not the ones like me trying to criticize, they dont do nothing to improve the game and only hear the ones who say good which is the minority.
Also maybe since the last closed thread they started to listen on what bad this game has and for the first time will focus on performance ONLY in the next couple updates.

Any negative review, along the majority of reviews are bad. Period.
They can dictate whether the consumer buy a game or not!
confronting me my ass, you've been grabbing the first end of the shortest straw you could find each and every god damn time you tried to reason a sentence in your brain and I'm tired of your compulsive "having to proof me wrong attitude" my situation is different from yours. different hardware. different windows, different understanding how everything fits together. I have nothing to prove to you just because you keep "confronting me" cause all you do is add insult after insult :/
btw just because not all hotfixes have been noted down. doesn't make them unicorns (non-existent) so have fun concocting more idiotic lies and half trues about me and my system.

Chuggster
09-12-2016, 10:22 AM
You sir, have a difficult job.

Manager of the Drama Llama Zoo Tycoon.

Best comment so far haha. This place is so full of drama. Someday this might be fixed.

TheMagicianThing
09-12-2016, 10:23 AM
Best comment so far haha. This place is so full of drama. Someday this might be fixed.
the fix starts with less lashing out at people :D (to clarify confusion, I meant in general. not just this thread)

Scott97
09-12-2016, 11:35 AM
the fix starts with less lashing out at people :D

I think both sides should calm it a bit on occasion. I do understand the frustration of an angry consumer who was promised one thing and delivered another though, and tbh I don't blame people for being a bit snappy. Nothing that he said struck me as lashing out though:confused:

Millennium_Force
09-12-2016, 12:33 PM
Threads that do not break any forum rules and provide constructive feedback: CLOSE THEM DOWN

Threads that break virtually every forum rule: Nah, I'll leave it open.

Beaker86
09-12-2016, 01:19 PM
Threads that do not break any forum rules and provide constructive feedback: CLOSE THEM DOWN

So damned if he did, damned if he didnt?

Personally i think leaving this thread open may have been the correct thing to do. Why? Because if nookriot had chosen to close this thread another 2 or 3 would just have popped up again and it would have been an endless cycle rather than just having this thread where people are venting. I expect that a close eye will be kept on it to garner any feedback other than 'this game is rubbish'
Do i think this game is perfect? By no means - the peeps are horrible, the framerate is bad (but on my particular setup no worse than I am experiencing with PC), a lot of the flatrides are too heavily themed, I cant stack scenery, I cant place bins/benches etc on raised paths...
The list of my problems with the game goes on. Despite this i currently have about 120 hours in game and I do still enjoy playing with it - although to be fair i am mostly just playing with the coaster builder and PxP builder at the moment as the management system is a bit lacking and doesnt have much of a challenge.
Ive also met some nice people through this game and I am glad of that.
Do i hope and think the game will get better? Yes but I am also realistic - when Nvizzio took on the project they only had in the region of 13-20 employees (Funcoms Montreal studio which became Nvizzio had 13 employees when it changed) and has been working on 2 games. I understand they have recently expanded their staff numbers but the team is still nowhere near as big as the team at Frontier who also have a lot more money and resource to channel into their project.

Bitter Jeweler
09-12-2016, 03:36 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/OCgTKYSVnf7iM/giphy-facebook_s.jpg

boxman
09-12-2016, 08:51 PM
Should have let that other thread stay open instead... At least it did not turn toxic like this one and had actual feedback.

Philmon11
09-12-2016, 09:06 PM
I'm very surprised this is still open. I created this thread to discuss the actions of Nookriot, closing a constructive, on topic thread. Now this thread has just turned into... mush. I don't get why he hasn't closed this one yet. This is why threads are closed. They just turn toxic and get off topic. If you want to have a competition on each of the games there's a thread in the off topic section. This thread is not the place. Sadly people don't get that.

deathtome
09-13-2016, 01:48 AM
LoL, I can see why he closed that thread and it honestly wont shock me when this one gets closed.

abletudu
09-13-2016, 05:06 AM
I never bought into RCTW after watching youtube and reading posts on this forum and others about the game. I agree with Reider59 when he says:

The day of judgement has already arrived, thanks but no thanks, don't bother trying to sell me any more of this stuff in another name! Thank God I got PC too, it has problems but we still maintain freedom of speech and more chance of satisfactory project completion.

Matter of fact, at this point I wouldn't touch anything made by Atari/Infogrames with a 10,000 foot pole. I sincerely hope someone posts all the facts about Atari and RCTW on Facebook, Youtube, Instagram, or any other social media where they could go viral and wake up the buying public to the real joke that this game and company is.

ColdSpirit
09-13-2016, 05:21 AM
confronting me my ass

Yes, confronting. Don't like? too bad for you.

, you've been grabbing the first end of the shortest straw you could find each and every god damn time you tried to reason a sentence in your brain and I'm tired of your compulsive "having to proof me wrong attitude"

First your game was super smooth, then after i confront you, it was on coaster cam with "120fps".. Then only with 1500peeps was starting to lower fps! LOL

Again, with that much peeps, prove that it really can run good.

With the lastest patch i haven't seen any gameplay video which the game runs flawlessly good with that much peeps.

my situation is different from yours. different hardware. different windows, different understanding how everything fits together. I have nothing to prove to you just because you keep "confronting me" cause all you do is add insult after insult :/

You clearly don't like to be confronted... so the debates for you are low runners.. lol
Shame on you!

btw just because not all hotfixes have been noted down. doesn't make them unicorns (non-existent) so have fun concocting more idiotic lies and half trues about me and my system.
So you could find the small "mini-update" to "prove me" that there were hotfixes changelog updates (which they aren't) and now that you cannot find talk about unicorns?!

Please!

Just admit that this game is bad in its current state.

One thing is liking.. (i like the game) but in its current state its BAD! Simple as that!

DoctorPelusa
09-13-2016, 07:27 AM
So you could find the small "mini-update" to "prove me" that there were hotfixes changelog updates (which they aren't) and now that you cannot find talk about unicorns?!

Here's one: https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?13913-RCTW-Early-Access-Dev-Blog-15-Update-11-is-Now-Live!-Featuring-Piece-by-Piece!&p=98157&viewfull=1#post98157

And yes, there have been a lot more...

ColdSpirit
09-13-2016, 09:25 AM
Here's one: https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?13913-RCTW-Early-Access-Dev-Blog-15-Update-11-is-Now-Live!-Featuring-Piece-by-Piece!&p=98157&viewfull=1#post98157

And yes, there have been a lot more...

If so where are all the others? Hidden between other posts?! When no one can see unless spend tons of time searching?

Also where are the single posts with the hotfixes so EVERYONE can know instead of asking on steam and here what has been fixed?

As of today, on the "concurrent" game, they already posted tons of updates with changelogs and TONS of posts with bugfixes!

Now, there were other changelog posts? Because from what i saw, many were asking about those updates.. no one knew what was fixed.

Sorry but managing a forum isn't this!

Beaker86
09-13-2016, 09:49 AM
There have been a number of hotfixes, less so more recently but that is the only one which has had a specific post detailing the change - I have asked for months that we are given a note of hotfixes and what they have done (admittedly some have been very small, for example we had one which the only change was the addition of a flashing cursor in the search box for UGC)

Nookriot
09-13-2016, 10:10 AM
Hey All,

Just wanted to jump in here to provide some helpful links. Below are links to the Dev Blogs where you can find patch details (and more).

Dev Blog #1 (https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?10685-RCTW-Early-Access-Dev-Blog-1-The-Park-Has-Opened!)

Dev Blog #2 (https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?10686-RCTW-Early-Access-Dev-Blog-2-Day-1-Feedback)

Dev Blog #3 (https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?10820-RCTW-Early-Access-Dev-Blog-3-Tips-and-Tricks!)

Dev Blog #4 (https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?11285-RCTW-Early-Access-Dev-Blog-4-The-First-Update-is-Now-Live!)

Dev Blog #5 (https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?11467-RCTW-Early-Access-Dev-Blog-5-New-Typhoon-Ride-Released-via-quot-Mini-quot-Update!)

Dev Blog #6 (https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?11968-RCTW-Early-Access-Dev-Blog-6-Improved-Coaster-Physics!)

Dev Blog #7 (https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?12439-RCTW-Early-Access-Dev-Blog-7-Update-4-Now-Live!)

Dev Blog #8 (https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?12761-RCTW-Early-Access-Dev-Blog-8-Update-5-Now-Live!)

Dev Blog #9 (https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?13033-RCTW-Early-Access-Dev-Blog-9-Update-6-Now-Live!)

Dev Blog #10 (https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?13136-RCTW-Early-Access-Dev-Blog-10-Update-7-Now-Live!)

Dev Blog #11 (https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?13258-RCTW-Early-Access-Dev-Blog-11-Update-8-Now-Live!)

Dev Blog #12 (https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?13346-RCTW-Early-Access-Dev-Blog-12-Update-9-Now-Live!)

Dev Blog #13 (https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?13346-RCTW-Early-Access-Dev-Blog-12-Update-9-Now-Live!)

Dev Blog #14 (https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?13700-RCTW-Early-Access-Dev-Blog-14-Piece-by-Piece-and-Gamescom-News&p=96396#post96396)

Dev Blog #15 (https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?13913-RCTW-Early-Access-Dev-Blog-15-Update-11-is-Now-Live!-Featuring-Piece-by-Piece!)

Hopefully this helps! Any questions, please feel free to let me know here or in a PM, thanks!

ColdSpirit
09-13-2016, 12:34 PM
Hey All,

Just wanted to jump in here to provide some helpful links. Below are links to the Dev Blogs where you can find patch details (and more).

Dev Blog #1 (https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?10685-RCTW-Early-Access-Dev-Blog-1-The-Park-Has-Opened!)

Dev Blog #2 (https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?10686-RCTW-Early-Access-Dev-Blog-2-Day-1-Feedback)

Dev Blog #3 (https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?10820-RCTW-Early-Access-Dev-Blog-3-Tips-and-Tricks!)

Dev Blog #4 (https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?11285-RCTW-Early-Access-Dev-Blog-4-The-First-Update-is-Now-Live!)

Dev Blog #5 (https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?11467-RCTW-Early-Access-Dev-Blog-5-New-Typhoon-Ride-Released-via-quot-Mini-quot-Update!)

Dev Blog #6 (https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?11968-RCTW-Early-Access-Dev-Blog-6-Improved-Coaster-Physics!)

Dev Blog #7 (https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?12439-RCTW-Early-Access-Dev-Blog-7-Update-4-Now-Live!)

Dev Blog #8 (https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?12761-RCTW-Early-Access-Dev-Blog-8-Update-5-Now-Live!)

Dev Blog #9 (https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?13033-RCTW-Early-Access-Dev-Blog-9-Update-6-Now-Live!)

Dev Blog #10 (https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?13136-RCTW-Early-Access-Dev-Blog-10-Update-7-Now-Live!)

Dev Blog #11 (https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?13258-RCTW-Early-Access-Dev-Blog-11-Update-8-Now-Live!)

Dev Blog #12 (https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?13346-RCTW-Early-Access-Dev-Blog-12-Update-9-Now-Live!)

Dev Blog #13 (https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?13346-RCTW-Early-Access-Dev-Blog-12-Update-9-Now-Live!)

Dev Blog #14 (https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?13700-RCTW-Early-Access-Dev-Blog-14-Piece-by-Piece-and-Gamescom-News&p=96396#post96396)

Dev Blog #15 (https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?13913-RCTW-Early-Access-Dev-Blog-15-Update-11-is-Now-Live!-Featuring-Piece-by-Piece!)

Hopefully this helps! Any questions, please feel free to let me know here or in a PM, thanks!

Hi nookriot..
I was talking about the hotfixes with no updates on what was updated in the game...
From what i remember there were 4 or 5 times the game received 30mb or 100mb (or something like that) updates and no one knew what was updated.

Inclusive on early days of EA I came here to see what was updated and NO ONE knew. Inclusive on steam, i and other asked to include the changelog on small updates (supposedly hotfixes after a major update) and we got no answer or a yay or nay regarding this..

But anyway.. this is not the most important. The most important is fixing and the game, not new content or new graphics.. at least not yet!

First priority, fix the crashes, memory leaks, performance... then add more content then repeat the fixes!

I really hope this time, you guys hear us out... pass to the CEO if you must (as i understand you must be in pressure of ATARI to release content(if not then well the fault is all yours).....

Many thanks.

Beaker86
09-13-2016, 12:51 PM
I agree first priority should be to fix the crashes and performance - i personally hope that the Unity upgrade will help due to the way it handles assets - but there are also lots of people reporting that they are experiencing crashes/bugs but not logging them in the tracker.
Im sure that most people are still here because they have some glimmer of hope somewhere that this game can be good, maybe not the best (for reasons ive stated above) but at least a good and playable game.
Lets help the devs to address the issues we are having by reporting the crashes and bugs we are getting in the bug tracker and including any crash and game log files - its possible many people may experience a crash that QA don't come across due to varying playstyles and system setups and by scouring the information in these logs the devs might just be able to optimise the game and fix bugs more efficiently

Aaronroberts
09-13-2016, 01:20 PM
Any questions, please feel free to let me know here or in a PM, thanks!

Hi Nookriot, my question is, what would you have responded to the post Gregorburns made in that other thread, had you not closed it?

Nookriot
09-13-2016, 01:27 PM
I will do my best to answer the questions below, if I missed any please feel free to let me know.

Q: Is it do with the fact he said something that might put off potential buyers of RCTW from spending their money?
A: Not at all. People are free to do what they want with their money and if someone's opinion persuades them either way, then so be it.

Q: Or is it an infringement of a specific rule?
A: It was the tone of the OP that made me post the warning.

Q: If so do you not think it would be beneficial to point out such rule to Asguard so he is aware not to break it again?
A: It is always beneficial to remind users of the Rules of the Forums unfortunately, I cannot force anyone to read them.

Q: So Nookriot, honestly, in your own words, what would you say is "civil and constructive" that we are not seeing in this thread?
A: Honestly, things that are not civil and constructive are posts with comments like "this game is dead", "the community is dead", "you need a reality check", just to name a few.

Q: What is your definition of "constructive"?
A: Constructive - serving a useful purpose; tending to build up on the given subject. Adding value to the conversation.

Hopefully that helps!

Aaronroberts
09-13-2016, 01:46 PM
[/COLOR][/COLOR]Q: So Nookriot, honestly, in your own words, what would you say is "civil and constructive" that we are not seeing in this thread?
[B]A: Honestly, things that are not civil and constructive are posts with comments like "this game is dead", "the community is dead", "you need a reality check", just to name a few.

Those people aren't the voice for everybody though, so closing a thread where a few jump in and say those things ruin it for the people that have given you constructive critism.

As for myself, I like the other game better based on ride animations, and I've mentioned RCTW's ride animations and physics many times, I've also mentioned many times how its probably a year or so now since the "Twister" was shown off, and still, its not been fixed, also the pendulum, what do you have to say about those? are they being worked on?

I look forward to seeing those in future if they are.

Beaker86
09-13-2016, 01:51 PM
If you notice they changed the name of the pedulum to the twirling tower a number of months ago - as if it was never meant to be a pendulum ride

Aaronroberts
09-13-2016, 01:55 PM
If you notice they changed the name of the pedulum to the twirling tower a number of months ago - as if it was never meant to be a pendulum ride

That name makes more sense as it just goes up and stays there, doesn't do a full rotation like it did in the preview video for it, or its real life self, RCT3 had a nicer animation in which it wasn't extremely slow like real life, but isn't unrealistically slow, personally, I feel like the people that made these rides / animated them, whatever, have no idea what they're doing, and thats not me putting the game down, thats me giving my opinion based on videos I've seen.

Speaking of things I've seen, Nookriot, maybe you'd like to address the zero banking on the blueprints in that video? or the dive coaster with no dive? or the chain lift all the way through the wooden track? or the "peeps" dissapearing and reappring on the "Disk'O" type ride?

Edit: The box art has no banking either :(

Hersheypark2011
09-18-2016, 09:45 PM
I will do my best to answer the questions below, if I missed any please feel free to let me know.

Q: Is it do with the fact he said something that might put off potential buyers of RCTW from spending their money?
A: Not at all. People are free to do what they want with their money and if someone's opinion persuades them either way, then so be it.

Q: Or is it an infringement of a specific rule?
A: It was the tone of the OP that made me post the warning.

Q: If so do you not think it would be beneficial to point out such rule to Asguard so he is aware not to break it again?
A: It is always beneficial to remind users of the Rules of the Forums unfortunately, I cannot force anyone to read them.

Q: So Nookriot, honestly, in your own words, what would you say is "civil and constructive" that we are not seeing in this thread?
A: Honestly, things that are not civil and constructive are posts with comments like "this game is dead", "the community is dead", "you need a reality check", just to name a few.

Q: What is your definition of "constructive"?
A: Constructive - serving a useful purpose; tending to build up on the given subject. Adding value to the conversation.

Hopefully that helps!

All sounds reasonable to me.

Mark0ne
09-22-2016, 02:28 PM
I have to say I must agree with the OP. To close a thread because enough feedback has been received is ludicrous. Who decides when enough replies ( feedback ) to a post has been given? Why is it even okay to cut off peoples voices like that unless they are in clear violation of rules? How can this even be called a forum if it is policed in such a manner - even just the once? It is like a group going in to a restaurant, ordering a meal, some people saying they are liking it, others saying not, then before you are halfway through, the staff come and clear your plates away and say thanks for the feedback - that was all we needed from you. How rude....

Whilst I understand the admonition given due to the harsh wording of the OP, it mellowed out somewhat...people were obviously enjoying the debate/discussion and they were silenced for what seems to be an arbitrary reason.

Bitter Jeweler
09-22-2016, 04:07 PM
Their playground.
Their rules.
No like?
Find another playground.

loquacious706
09-23-2016, 02:03 AM
Their playground.
Their rules.
No like?
Find another playground.

I think most of us found another planet.

Bitter Jeweler
09-23-2016, 10:48 AM
I think most of us found another planet.

Sad but true.
I now have played more hours in the other playground since Sept 25th, as I have RCTW since April!

What can I say? I like stacking rocks, and modifying terrain under roller coasters after they are built.

STACKING ROCKS!!!!!

https://bwatwood.edublogs.org/files/2015/07/Personal-Growth-And-Development-106o3sg.jpg

Beaker86
09-23-2016, 11:02 AM
You can stack rocks in RCTW (sort of) just takes ages and is a pain!
They should just stack themselves or at least be able to adjust the elevation without collisions!

Zerael
09-23-2016, 11:14 AM
imagine possibilities :)
http://i.imgur.com/QppYbRa.png
http://i.imgur.com/0O0xepX.png

i think dev working on it now they're just said in PxP stream ;)

deathtome
09-23-2016, 04:45 PM
imagine possibilities :)
http://i.imgur.com/QppYbRa.png
http://i.imgur.com/0O0xepX.png

i think dev working on it now they're just said in PxP stream ;)

Nicely done!

Casiquire
09-25-2016, 03:03 AM
That looks pretty great!

Aaronroberts
10-16-2016, 09:10 AM
Those images look quite nice, I like the rays of light coming through on the 2nd image.

Hointar
10-24-2016, 10:42 PM
Amazing how bad rctw really is and how great Planet Coaster has become!
My guess, hard work pays off if you do it right and never feel like some sort of a King!
Hey but what do I know? I'm just one of those old farts that knows a bad product when I see one, after 63 years on this Planet!
Really nice screen shots of a archway, but what happens when you add 3 coasters a dozen flat rides lots of buildings and 1,000s of peeps?
Crash and burn, locks up and boots you out! Reboot what fun!