PDA

View Full Version : Exploration Paradise 2.0

Chuggster
09-08-2016, 11:08 PM
Hey Guys, Its the Chuggster! UPDATE #1 :Starting over due to Exploration Paradise 1.0 file getting corrupted.

Welcome To Exploration Paradise. Here you can find find adventures in every corner! From the Western Cities to the Dangerous Alleys full of Pirates, you never run out of things to see. What you can see below is a view of our western city. Although not finished there is still much to see anywhere you go. We hope you have a great experience, here at Exploration Paradise. I will be uploading a video soon to my YouTube channel where you can see the process of me creating the park and commentary explaining my inspiration and what I plan for the future of the park.

Entrance Building
Beginning of Main Street
Corner Building
Full View of Entrance Building
Thanks to the creators of RCTW and the UGC Creators.

Forgath
09-09-2016, 05:14 AM
Nice screenshots, well done!

Nookriot
09-09-2016, 10:09 AM
Nice! We will definitely be adding these to our Facebook Album for Western Themed PxP. Thanks for sharing Chugg!

Chuggster
09-10-2016, 01:20 AM
Thank you both! I am super excited for the park and to share more with you all. I am almost ready to publish my video! I am hoping either tomorrow or Sunday morning at the latest. (Utah USA Mountain Standard Time Zone). Here's another sneak peak photo of what you will be able to see later! Thanks for taking a look at my park, it means a lot to me!6385

Chuggster
09-15-2016, 12:17 AM
Hey Guys, Its the Chuggster! UPDATE #2 :Western Main Street!

I have been looking forward to posting this update and I am so excited to be finally sharing it with you! This update contains the building of my Western Style Main Street. To watch a video of my process building the Main Street follow and watch the video on my YouTube channel at this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1mYafNBUnA.

Here are a couple photos displaying what has been created:

MainStreet
The Undertaker and Chapel
The Bank
Then here is a Sneak Peek at Update 3!

Theatre and Dinner
Thanks for reading my post and viewing my park! If you have any ideas, suggestions, or comments I would love to hear them!

hupulups
09-15-2016, 03:27 AM
Really cooooo! :) great park!

Forgath
09-15-2016, 04:11 AM
Very nice vid, thank you for sharing!

Chuggster
09-15-2016, 08:00 PM
Really cooooo! :) great park!

Very nice vid, thank you for sharing!

Thanks you guys! I am glad you like it and people are viewing my videos. ^_^ I am really excited for when my next update is ready. I especially had a lot of fun building the theater that you can see in my sneak peak picture.

Chuggster
10-03-2016, 12:37 AM
Hey Guys, Its the Chuggster! UPDATE #3: Finishing the Main Street.

This videos covers a couple buildings that I have built! The biggest things I would say are my Theater and the Western Mansion building. I had a ton of fun building this video and am excited to share it with you. I also was able to share a little bit about who I am and how I was introduced to this game. I apologize for the wait on the video. The beginning of college (1st year) has kept me busy but I am getting used to things and will be coming out with Update 4 soon! Here is the link to my video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vY2wxIEMomo .I hope that you like it and comment! As always if you have any questions or suggestions you would like to bring up, please do. I would love to hear from you and respond as soon as I can! Thanks for reading/watching guys.

Western Mansion:
Theater Photo:
Info Booth / Bathroom Photo:
Bank Photo (In all reality janitorial and mechanic building are in the inside):
But that is the end of my update guys! Thank you so much for looking over my photos and seeing my progress! I hope to share with you more of my creations and updates as soon as I can.

Nookriot
10-03-2016, 09:48 AM
Nice Chugg!

Also, I am curious. How long did it take you to make those tables and chairs?

:cool:

Chuggster
10-03-2016, 07:31 PM
Nice Chugg!

Also, I am curious. How long did it take you to make those tables and chairs?

:cool:

It took me quite a while for sure. I put together a lot of prototypes of tables I could use. I made hexagons, triangles, several square tables, etc.. I spend about 2.5 hours finding the right kind of table I wanted to use. I ended up cutting that out of my video because of how ridiculously long it took. However it was helpful because it gave me a whole bunch of good ideas of when I create my adventure theme. Then once I found the right table and chairs it took a little less then an hour. I never had more then one prototype of chair. I figured it out the first time which was the time shown in the video. so I would say 3 1/2 to 4 hours.

Beaker86
10-04-2016, 04:53 AM
I know the tables and chairs are purely cosmetic but it would be great if you could upload a blueprint of them to the workshop.
Also if you are interested i made some planters using the crate and barrel in the PxP stuff which are on the workshop you are welcome to use if you wish

Chuggster
10-04-2016, 08:20 PM
I know the tables and chairs are purely cosmetic but it would be great if you could upload a blueprint of them to the workshop.
Also if you are interested i made some planters using the crate and barrel in the PxP stuff which are on the workshop you are welcome to use if you wish

Hey Beaker, that is awesome! I love the planers you made and I am definitely going to take advantage of them. They are super cool.

I would upload a blueprint of my tables and chairs but they would be really tall and from what I understand since you can't put blueprints underneath the ground because the game automatically moves them to 0 height and with the blocks for the chairs I had to adjust them to be under ground to -1 as you can see in my video at 5 minutes and 8 seconds. If you would like I could make a shorter table! I don't know how I would make a shorter chair however.

Beaker86
10-05-2016, 03:50 AM
Aww thats rubbish - ive had the same problem trying to lower stuff too - we want zero collisions ;)

Chuggster
11-23-2016, 10:06 PM
Dear Followers of my park,

I apologize that I never came out with another update before release. I was very busy moving out and with school. Unfortunately at this time I am finished making videos for Roller Coaster Tycoon World. However you can continue to watch my channel for videos of other games. I appreciate your time and you views and following my park. You are all awesome!

- The Chuggster

BetterOff
11-23-2016, 10:28 PM
Why no more RollerCoaster Tycoon World videos?

Chuggster
11-23-2016, 10:42 PM
Why no more RollerCoaster Tycoon World videos?

Even though I truly enjoy the game there is a couple reasons:

1. This park is no longer workable and I would not be sure what project I would do next at this point.

2. I don't have the things that I have been hoping for to be able to do as told in Early Access. If or when the things that we were told to receive in Early Access become available then I would be more then willing to hop on and do more videos. But at this point this game does not seem finished to me and I do not feel comfortable to be an advocate for a released game that I personally(my opinion I realize every person has different opinions and I respect that) is missing key features to be honest.

3. Not very many people like this game at this point and I want to make videos that a larger crowd would be interested in viewing although as said I would come back with no doubt and advocate for this game and create a LOT of videos if those features appear in the game but I feel sorta led to believe in things that did not happen.

4. I feel like I need more talent in creating building and such as I feel my skill in such are not really good enough people that people would want to follow.

I will still however be creating maps for this game and such as I enjoy it but not in such a way that I will post it on my YouTube channel. I am sorry if you have enjoyed my videos but that is how I feel at this point. BTW. I have been asked if I will create Planet Coaster videos. Although I do own the game I do not like its game play. It is pretty in graphics for sure but I don't like the feel of it.

BetterOff
11-23-2016, 11:18 PM
Thanks for your detailed response.
It's a shame though.

Oh well. Go where the fun is!!!

Forgath
11-24-2016, 07:16 AM
"I feel like I need more talent in creating building and such"

What makes you think that if I may know?
I know we are all different in what we can create in and with our mind.

Chuggster
11-24-2016, 12:35 PM
"I feel like I need more talent in creating building and such"

What makes you think that if I may know?
I know we are all different in what we can create in and with our mind.

I had so many problems with road blocks when trying to build the park. I had a lot of empty space that I didn't know what to put in there so I would try filling it with things like cactus's or rocks. If you look at my mansion photo, there is soo much empty space between the buildings that I couldn't fill in. When trying to create my roller coaster for the next video, I could not get it to look right and I tried to make a tunnel using the rocks and totally failed and one thing after the next I had to restart the coaster twice. I got to the point where my buildings seemed plain and I didn't know what step to take next. If you look at my bank and info booth you can see that there was not to much with them but I could not think of a single idea of how to spruce them up which led me me creating this building which could have had more potential to them which I regretted. Also there were placed that I had no idea what to do so I left them as is. For example with the theater I didn't know what to put on the stage and I didn't seem to have the creativity to come up with something so I left it as a empty stage. Or when building my parks I couldn't find a way for the buildings to look good without the peeps being able to walk through them. So there was a lot of short comings that I didn't know what to do and sorta felt like I failed in those parts.

BetterOff
11-24-2016, 07:27 PM
I have a hard time filling the empty space in Western themes too.
I want to fill it with trees, but that doesn't seem right. LOL

Dressing up buildings to the "next level" is also a struggle. So, I feel your pain.

Forgath
11-25-2016, 03:04 AM
I understand what you mean. Western themes are usually known for their empty (and silent) atmosphere on the outside. But that gives at the same time the feeling the building is not finished. The balance is a tricky one.

Right now ingame there are few items that can help / decorate a building. Do you know how to implement items from the unity asset store?
Stuff like this:
https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/46306
should give you a little bit more room to 'dress up' your buildings, and make them feel more 'alive'.

If you don't know how to do implement them through unity and into your game I can upload them to the steam workshop. However, to avoid any issues, I will ask the creator first if I'm allowed to that.

Chuggster
11-27-2016, 03:04 AM
I understand what you mean. Western themes are usually known for their empty (and silent) atmosphere on the outside. But that gives at the same time the feeling the building is not finished. The balance is a tricky one.

Right now ingame there are few items that can help / decorate a building. Do you know how to implement items from the unity asset store?
Stuff like this:
https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/46306
should give you a little bit more room to 'dress up' your buildings, and make them feel more 'alive'.

If you don't know how to do implement them through unity and into your game I can upload them to the steam workshop. However, to avoid any issues, I will ask the creator first if I'm allowed to that.

I do know how to import items from the asset store. I am actually Majoring in Animation and Art in Game Design! I am very familiar with Mia, Blender, and the Unity Engine. Besides being a huge fan of the original 3 games, being able to import my own objects was one of the main reasons I love this game. I don't upload my personal items due to me using them in many of my own projects and the projects created by my University but it is something I enjoy doing.

Forgath
11-27-2016, 04:17 AM
I do know how to import items from the asset store. I am actually Majoring in Animation and Art in Game Design! I am very familiar with Mia, Blender, and the Unity Engine. Besides being a huge fan of the original 3 games, being able to import my own objects was one of the main reasons I love this game. I don't upload my personal items due to me using them in many of my own projects and the projects created by my University but it is something I enjoy doing.

Ok, then it's obvious you don't need any advice from a UGC-noob like me :)

Back on your western theme topic: I'll try to mess around with building and decorating stuff and post pictures. Perhaps it might spark ideas on your end.

Chuggster
11-28-2016, 07:43 PM
Ok, then it's obvious you don't need any advice from a UGC-noob like me :)

Back on your western theme topic: I'll try to mess around with building and decorating stuff and post pictures. Perhaps it might spark ideas on your end.

Haha I don't think anyone is a modeling noon, just a beginner :). We all have great potential.

Well if I do another park, it would probably be a Medieval Theme or Space Themed. I think I am done with Western at this point.

Forgath
11-29-2016, 08:09 AM
Haha I don't think anyone is a modeling noon, just a beginner :). We all have great potential.

Well if I do another park, it would probably be a Medieval Theme or Space Themed. I think I am done with Western at this point.

ok. I have not even touched the space theme yet. The moments i have been able to play lately i enjoy building things in either Mayan, general, or Medieval Theme. To many thoughts and ideas fighting for first rank *sigh*

Chuggster
11-29-2016, 10:49 PM
ok. I have not even touched the space theme yet. The moments i have been able to play lately i enjoy building things in either Mayan, general, or Medieval Theme. To many thoughts and ideas fighting for first rank *sigh*

Haha I know that feeling for sure! I haven't really done much with either the Mayan or the General themes. I do find the new Egyptian Theme to be intriguing as I really think Egyptian architecture and style is cool. It definitely would be fun to use. I might even start another park with videos if the Egyptian Theme turns out to have a good amount of content.

Forgath
11-30-2016, 05:15 AM
I just seen the pictures. Looks promising but has allot of resemblance with the Mayan theme. Will see what it gives when it goes live.