PDA

View Full Version : UGC & PxP Help

faceless252
09-05-2016, 10:33 AM
UGC in this game has always been a thorn in my side with this game because nothing seems to be straight forward atm.

I would like to know how to upload items to the UGC PxP packs. Maybe even away to drag and drop UGC scenery content to the PxP section of the game.

OK so PxP has only just a week old but I have absolutely no idea how to generate my own PxP content, upload it etc. More tutorials are definitely needed folks and this sort of aspect shouldn't be all a big secret that a select few have the advantage of knowing.

Lots of people made PxP scenery pieces ahead of the game and it would be great if those people turn them into packs. Like I said I have know idea how this is done. I notice one person has done it but I am still struggling to get my head round it.

When I create stuff in Unity the only options I have at present is for the object to go into scenery or peeps.

Can someone enlighten me to how I am supposed to do all this. Failing that more versatile PxP uploaded as updates in the coming weeks would be an advantage along with all the other stuff that needs tweaking.

DeadlyAccurate
09-05-2016, 11:02 AM
First, you'll want this PDF. It has almost all the information you need. http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/RCTW_PxP_UGC_Plugin.pdf

Look above the Scenery/Peeps section and you should see a checkbox for "Piece by piece" or something like that. Click that, and those buttons will change. If you don't have that checkbox, make sure you update your version of the plugin from the Steam library. (The PDF should tell you where).

faceless252
09-05-2016, 06:06 PM
First, you'll want this PDF. It has almost all the information you need. http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/RCTW_PxP_UGC_Plugin.pdf

Look above the Scenery/Peeps section and you should see a checkbox for "Piece by piece" or something like that. Click that, and those buttons will change. If you don't have that checkbox, make sure you update your version of the plugin from the Steam library. (The PDF should tell you where).

Thank you DeadlyAccurate. Beaker sent me over the link over this evening. I have tried to add you to steam as well in case I get stuck on any more UGC related stuff. I never seem to be in the right place at the right time for all this information.

Nekomasume
09-06-2016, 08:19 PM
Faceless has been trying to create PXP using the guide listed above. After spending most of last night updating Unity we are trying again today.. only to find that there doesn't seem to be an FBX for a wall in there... there are windows and tiles but no walls..

Faceless has used a floor tile but told Unity that it is a wall Asset when creating it.. however after importing into the game it behaves like a floor tile... any suggestions?

DeadlyAccurate
09-06-2016, 09:50 PM
There are a few walls in \Assets\RCTWContentGeneration\templates\Art\PxP\FB Xs
PxP_GEN_Wall_4x4_03.fbx
PxP_GEN_Wall_facade_closed.fbx
PxP_GEN_Wall_facade_open.fbx

If you don't see them, you might try deleting and then reimporting the plugin.