PDA

View Full Version : PxP Builder darkride concern

faceless252
08-30-2016, 06:24 PM
Admittedly I have only been playing about for a short time with this tonight. I have to say thank you so so so so much for bringing this out at long last.

I can't wait to see more packs and themes appearing that you guys have created within your studio and please don't rely on the UGC content to build up this aspect of the game. As I have found with UGC it is not always done to the best quality and therefore will dramatically slows down the game.

Like I said I have only being playing this aspect of the game a short while and there are bound to be bugs. I built a black box tonight as an experiment to build a darkride however the room is not dark. There is some form of lighting in there from outside so it might be something worth addressing so a dark ride is dark.

Something else I have noticed is some of the extras and where they snap to. They don't always snap parallel to the wall. Vines for example snapped along the wall rather than vertical and other times snapped pointing outwards.

As we have the colour changing option, which I may add I love, I think we need to see a completely smooth set within the generic set.

I caught the end of the stream today. Mainly to do with time difference and it not being well publicized. I like the idea of people being able to walk on the floors and avoid the walls of the PxP.

One last request which is probably going to cause you a few knightmares but..... say I had built a building and I wanted to put a rollercoaster through it. Maybe some option to have the PxP proved some sort of exploded, or cracked effect or cut away as you place a coaster through it. I know at present you have to build a PxP right up to it but as a little effect if I had created a building as blueprint and moved it into place around an existing ride the building cut an area out ready. Almost punching a hole through the wall ready.

Cracked, broken walls are a must.

Thank you for the update and I am glad you waited in a way to bring this update later in the early release of the game and after fixing some of the other issues in the game. Unlike some....

Theme Park Games
08-31-2016, 01:57 AM
Like I said I have only being playing this aspect of the game a short while and there are bound to be bugs. I built a black box tonight as an experiment to build a darkride however the room is not dark. There is some form of lighting in there from outside so it might be something worth addressing so a dark ride is dark. Nvizzio - please make note of this! It's important that outside light doesn't influence the inside of buildings.

Faceless - for the time being, you can freeze nighttime to keep it somewhat dark inside. But this is something nvizzio definitely needs to address.

faceless252
08-31-2016, 03:28 PM
A couple of other things that would be useful is a snap level for things like windows and decor. Also a lot of the objects and decor appear upside down when you first place them. The degree symbol does change when rotating objects in PxP.

But defo more content and styles of windows and decor would be cool. One let down with Planet Coasters PxP was the fact you had limited items to place and had to try and mimic styles using current sets. Something as a person with an art degree really annoys me as if you are going for a particular period look and having to use a mixture of western, pirate and modern to create the look you want gets you locked in PxP building for hours.

I refer to a video I saw on youtube featuring planet coaster in which a guy created a Japanese temple scene using lots and lots of different pieces within the game which took hours but none of the PxP were of a Japanese set. There was a mixture of pirate and general PxP among others to create something that was a bit slap dash. Ok it looked good but when you are of creative mind it would defeat the purpose to use something that wasn't authentic in style and fashion.

Yes UGC is great but we need to be given the quality from the developers and not have to rely on the community which doesn't always provide the best functionality slowing down the game.

Functioning doors and windows would also be a neat addition to the game.

Bitter Jeweler
08-31-2016, 03:39 PM
Funny, as another person with an art degree, I would argue that all the people creating distinct architectural styles, using unintended disparate pieces are the truly creative people. It's pretty easy creating a Japanese temple, using Japanese themed pieces, wouldn't you say?

faceless252
08-31-2016, 04:00 PM
Funny, as another person with an art degree, I would argue that all the people creating distinct architectural styles, using unintended disparate pieces are the truly creative people. It's pretty easy creating a Japanese temple, using Japanese themed pieces, wouldn't you say?

It's fine if you want to spend four maybe five hours creating one piece of architecture for an area of the park but some us might want to play the rest of the game too.

Asgaurd
08-31-2016, 04:04 PM
its easy to create individual blocks but the problems come when you need the to match them to each other from 4 different angles, that takes a lot of time its like creating a picture and if you duplicate that picture and place it at the top,bottom,left or right,of the original picture so it will match seamlessly, then this take time and skill. oh and in 3d its 8 sides to match up.