PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite Theme Park Game

DanPlayer01
08-23-2016, 06:19 PM
Hello Everyone!
Now that we have a bunch of different theme park simulation games, what's your favorite!
Out of any game, Theme Park Studio, RCTW, RCT2, Planet Coaster, Parkitect, Etc.

Personally my favorite would probably be Parkitect, I play RCTW and PC on a regular basis as well, but I just l've the charm the Parkitect has.

Enjoy! :)

Armageddon1x
08-23-2016, 07:00 PM
As of right now, I'd say RCT2 simply because of OpenRCT2, which allows you to take the game a step further, makes creating scenarios a lot easier, disabling clearance checks, smoother gameplay, better resolution, multiplayer, etc.

I've yet to play the Planet Coaster Alpha 3, but I'm sure Planet Coaster will be my favorite once it's finally released.

DanPlayer01
08-23-2016, 07:03 PM
As of right now, I'd say RCT2 simply because of OpenRCT2, which allows you to take the game a step further, makes creating scenarios a lot easier, disabling clearance checks, smoother gameplay, better resolution, multiplayer, etc.

I've yet to play the Planet Coaster Alpha 3, but I'm sure Planet Coaster will be my favorite once it's finally released.

Have you played Parkitect?

Armageddon1x
08-23-2016, 07:27 PM
I have not. The art style doesn't appeal to me compared to RCT's, and I haven't read into what it does different from RCT. I'll probably give it a try when it comes on sale, but right now I have no interest in playing it.

DanPlayer01
08-23-2016, 07:34 PM
I have not. The art style doesn't appeal to me compared to RCT's, and I haven't read into what it does different from RCT. I'll probably give it a try when it comes on sale, but right now I have no interest in playing it.

I love it, its kinda a modern RCT2. Although I believe the developers said it will not go on sale until after release, which might be a while, they do post weekly dev blogs if your interested.

FuddyWoodie
08-23-2016, 10:57 PM

I agree. I've played it, but for me, it lacks that charm of the older games.

There was something very authentic about RCT1 and 2 that I find lacking in Parkitect.

DanPlayer01
08-24-2016, 09:40 AM
I agree. I've played it, but for me, it lacks that charm of the older games.

There was something very authentic about RCT1 and 2 that I find lacking in Parkitect.
Interesting, I've never played RCT1 or RCT2. I still love Parkitect though, now were getting an underground delivery and trash system! :D