PDA

View Full Version : A bit confounded

Asgaurd64
08-23-2016, 04:39 PM
im a bit confused, when i play rctw i see such a difference in quality and workmanship, the animated assets such as the rides especially the big wheel looks awesome and a few of the other assets look like they were done by a talented dedicated designers who love there work. then i see other parts of the game such as paths and people and they look like well, like a a college student that has a A level in woodwork, dont get me wrong im a carpenter these days, so no disrespect, but why such a gap in quality of assets.
may i have a answer please.

DanPlayer01
08-23-2016, 04:45 PM
im a bit confused, when i play rctw i see such a difference in quality and workmanship, the animated assets such as the rides especially the big wheel looks awesome and a few of the other assets look like they were done by a talented dedicated designers who love there work. then i see other parts of the game such as paths and people and they look like well, like a a college student that has a A level in woodwork, dont get me wrong im a carpenter these days, so no disrespect, but why such a gap in quality of assets.

The path system? It's 100x better than Planet Coaster's right now, since Alpha 3 I can't even create a path or queue. I do agree, certain aspects do need some work.

Asgaurd64
08-23-2016, 04:49 PM
i have'nt tried planet coasters yet i bought the game but only the retail release, but in sandbox on rctw i have major problems getting a straight path especially joining it to a larger building, i did notice the people seem to animate better in the scenarios. is it the same with paths ?

DanPlayer01
08-23-2016, 04:51 PM
i have'nt tried planet coasters yet i bought the game but only the retail release, but in sandbox on rctw i have major problems getting a straight path especially joining it to a larger building, i did notice the people seem to animate better in the scenarios. is it the same with paths ?

Have you tried using snap or grid features to make a straight path?

Asgaurd64
08-23-2016, 04:54 PM
yep and after a few gos it loses about 2 degress everytime i use it, i have flushed the rctw data and reinstalled but if i get a path that has more than 2 right angles its a miracle.

DanPlayer01
08-23-2016, 04:56 PM
yep and after a few gos it loses about 2 degress everytime i use it, i have flushed the rctw data and reinstalled but if i get a path that has more than 2 right angles its a miracle.

Huh, interesting. Hopefully someone from Atari or Nvizzio will appear here soon.

MrBob101
08-23-2016, 05:50 PM
Don't get me wrong I love RCTW but I do think Planet Coaster has better paths at the moment

DanPlayer01
08-23-2016, 06:05 PM
Don't get me wrong I love RCTW but I do think Planet Coaster has better paths at the moment

This last update completely screwed them up, I gave up trying to build a queue.

boxman
08-23-2016, 06:51 PM
That is something I have said since before EA release... It looks like a mishmash of different quality assets and textures, which makes it look like a lifeless indie game using pre bought assets. When the game has these kinds of issues then no matter how much they increase the graphics it will never look good or alive, as there is no real style to it.
The only way to fix this game is to start from scratch...

DanPlayer01
08-23-2016, 06:55 PM
That is something I have said since before EA release... It looks like a mishmash of different quality assets and textures, which makes it look like a lifeless indie game using pre bought assets. When the game has these kinds of issues then no matter how much they increase the graphics it will never look good or alive, as there is no real style to it.
The only way to fix this game is to start from scratch...

Oh, one thing is I believe Nvizzio outsourced some of the work, possibly art, to another company, Aptitude X, so that could play a factor.

loquacious706
08-24-2016, 02:00 AM
The path system? It's 100x better than Planet Coaster's right now, since Alpha 3 I can't even create a path or queue.

This last update completely screwed them up, I gave up trying to build a queue.

...I thought you just got Planet Coaster like 2 days ago. How would you know if it's screwed up since the last update or not?

inspectorgadget
08-24-2016, 02:33 AM
...I thought you just got Planet Coaster like 2 days ago. How would you know if it's screwed up since the last update or not?

Valid point, I'm presuming he's still working out you need to leave more space between the ticket booth and the path to finalise it.

Bitter Jeweler
08-24-2016, 02:42 AM
Dan, "completely screwed them up" is disingenuous. They work fine for me. ;)

If if they were indeed "completely screwed up" there would be a thread 8 pages long complaining about them on the PC forum. But there's not.

boxman
08-24-2016, 02:58 AM
I have not noticed any differences in queues at all.. The only thing that seems kind of broken is the priority queue in that it makes things worse instead of better.

DanPlayer01
08-24-2016, 09:32 AM
I have not noticed any differences in queues at all.. The only thing that seems kind of broken is the priority queue in that it makes things worse instead of better.

IDK, their talking all about it in the PC forums.

loquacious706
08-24-2016, 11:49 PM
And I repeat, Dan ...I thought you just got Planet Coaster like 2 days ago. How would you know if it's screwed up since the last update or not?

​Your implication seems to be untruthful... not unlike RCTW's very own advertising.