PDA

View Full Version : Any old-timers here?

RCTBeast
12-13-2014, 05:58 PM
Hi. Was just wondering if there are any old timers here from any of the old, and now defunct, RCT forums. I'm thinking sites like RCTTown, RCTMart, RCTTime, etc. Those were the first gaming communities that I were a part of and it would be cool to see if any of you guys were still around :).

pHScale
12-13-2014, 09:00 PM
I know of a few on NE, but I don't think any of them have made their way over here yet, and I don't think they will until more info than a teaser trailer is released on the game. But they're still out there and still playing :)

dwwilkin
12-13-2014, 11:39 PM
Beast, what is an old-timer? I've been playing the game since 1999, and was a playtester for Soaked and Wild. But the real old-timer then was a gamer in his sixties who became a moderator at the Atari forums whose name I can't remember at the moment, and since the old forums went into the ether, I can't do a search for it either.

bctrainers
12-14-2014, 12:01 AM
RCTStation. If that rings a bell for anyone? :)

bctrainers
12-14-2014, 12:02 AM
Beast, what is an old-timer? I've been playing the game since 1999, and was a playtester for Soaked and Wild. But the real old-timer then was a gamer in his sixties who became a moderator at the Atari forums whose name I can't remember at the moment, and since the old forums went into the ether, I can't do a search for it either.
You're referring to TheSkipper, i believe. :)

dwwilkin
12-14-2014, 12:52 AM
You're referring to TheSkipper, i believe. :)

Thanks, that's the man.

RCTBeast
12-14-2014, 02:06 AM
Beast, what is an old-timer?
I first aimed this post at the BBS community that was around in about 2005/2006, but hey, hearing from any "old-timer" may they or may they not be from the original aim of the post is a real joy to see all the same. As I see it, with RCTW the community starts afresh anyway, I'm just interested in seeing who here has been playing RCT for the long game :).

James
12-14-2014, 03:19 AM
Old timer chiming in.

TrevorD
12-14-2014, 03:40 AM
I was a member for a few years. Probably not a memorable one though.

greenstranger
12-14-2014, 05:44 AM
I wish I was but I never knew about the forums when I started playing rollercoaster tycoon deluxe. I hope you find some old friends and new friends. Hi and welcome.

Wabigbear
12-14-2014, 07:05 AM
Like the reek of dead fish left under a car seat in the hot sun, they just can't seem to get rid of some of us...

LooseKid187
12-14-2014, 08:31 AM
I was around alot on the RCT forum Scene, i was and still am a Extreme Sports Junkie, Use to make parks about extremem sports and stuff, was awesome fun

Louis
12-14-2014, 12:29 PM
I'm from New Element (around since 2002), also been at RCTTown, RCTMart, RCTSpace and lurked at Danimation, RCTStation and various other old RCT sites.

A lot of our members have been around since the very beginning.

Good to see you again Wabigbear!

CreamyBeef
12-14-2014, 01:19 PM
Hi. Was just wondering if there are any old timers here from any of the old, and now defunct, RCT forums. I'm thinking sites like RCTTown, RCTMart, RCTTime, etc. Those were the first gaming communities that I were a part of and it would be cool to see if any of you guys were still around :).

In the early 2000s to the time they closed, I was always on more NoLimits forums than RCT forums, but I have been playing RCT since the 90s!

Wabigbear
12-14-2014, 03:10 PM
I'm from New Element (around since 2002), also been at RCTTown, RCTMart, RCTSpace and lurked at Danimation, RCTStation and various other old RCT sites.

A lot of our members have been around since the very beginning.

Good to see you again Wabigbear!

Hey Louis, good to see you as well! That list of sites brings back a lot of memories!

Biogal
12-15-2014, 07:52 PM
I was a member for a few years. Probably not a memorable one though.

You look familiar. :)

The Skipper
12-17-2014, 04:20 PM
The REAL Oldtimer LOL is STILL in his 6o's :D

CTRSind
12-18-2014, 09:00 PM
Like the reek of dead fish left under a car seat in the hot sun, they just can't seem to get rid of some of us...

Oh yeah I can smell it now.

Park Inspector
12-18-2014, 11:13 PM
Reporting for duty. I've been in lots of the old forums as "avoid" or "The Inspector"

Wabigbear
12-19-2014, 05:53 PM
Oh yeah I can smell it now.

As you should! It's only been four days. I've been known to linger around a month and a half if it's just after a big burrito bash

Indiglow
12-19-2014, 06:53 PM
I've played all the RCT games but didn't post much on the forums since RCT2

Lost Boy
12-19-2014, 10:18 PM
I am new to this incarnation of RCT but not to the games. I have played them all and still play RCT3 Platinum Edition. I am looking forward to playing the new game.

Funrir Woulfe
12-22-2014, 10:32 AM
Old Timers as in been around PC's from when they first showed up in the world ?

OR - from RCT's first release ?

;-)

dwwilkin
12-22-2014, 11:24 AM
Funrir-Some of us qualify for both of those conditions

geekl33tgamer
12-24-2014, 07:59 AM
Another RCT "veteran" here, having play RCT1, 2 and 3 as a kid. I owned the once popular XtremeRCT fan-site back in the day when RCT3 was new. The site's evolved into a general gaming site now, but I am adding an RCT section for this new game.

I can't wait for it! :-)

FunrirWoulfe
12-26-2014, 11:50 AM
I know I fall under both conditions, that's why I asked

jeriky
12-30-2014, 02:42 PM
I remember RCTTown (: Whew, talk about memories.

Wabigbear
12-30-2014, 03:42 PM
I am new to this incarnation of RCT but not to the games. I have played them all and still play RCT3 Platinum Edition. I am looking forward to playing the new game.

This the same Lost Boy who mailed me copies of his Neverland park videos years ago? :)

Crisps
01-02-2015, 01:29 AM
I can't believe it, but I have been around for about 9 years now in the community. I started off as a youngin' on youtube and the original Atari forums. Slowly made my way to RCTLounge and SGWs. I have seen many faces come and go, but I am extremely thankful for those who have stuck around. I'm not personally active on the game much anymore as I am a full time student and drum corps member. I do hope to get back into the series once RCTW comes out though. We will see what the product is first before I say anything. Anyways, it is good to see all the new and old faces around! I'll do my best to stay active every now and again!

-Crisps

First known as Crispylad

Knobs
02-06-2015, 01:33 PM
Been there since Rct 1 ! Downloaded tons and tons of CS. I'm superstoked about the new release. Had me dancing for hours when i heard about it. Too bad Chris Sawyer is out of the project. But that should not mean the franchise died with him.

Kat4547
03-31-2016, 09:50 AM
I'm still hanging around, loving RCT games! Danimation was my #1 site, but there were a few others too, and I do remember a few of you guys! I was Kat, a mod on Danimation. Good times, for sure! :D

Vortimous
03-31-2016, 09:52 PM
I was on RCTown I think.... Been playing since the original RCT which honestly was still my favorite due to the simplicity yet able to make massive parks.... Once LL and CF were out, it just got better and the original had some of the best fan made coasters in the game.... I played the other ones which were good, but the original was still my favorite... Just started playing RCTW... were do we report bugs? Is there a special forum for just crashes and such to report or is it just under general... sorry, new to the forums and don't see it yet...

patkl
04-01-2016, 12:37 AM
ok who opened the rct yr book i like seeing old names and cant wate for RCW

jerseygrrll
04-01-2016, 09:54 AM
Been around a long time... 'member the Drexler Patch?

dwwilkin
04-01-2016, 11:15 AM
I do remember that patch

Kat4547
04-01-2016, 12:32 PM
Definitely! And dare I mention the option.txt file?

hhammer
04-11-2016, 11:09 AM
72 old enough? Really looking forward to many necessary improvements in this game.

dwwilkin
04-11-2016, 11:15 AM
HH-I am interested in if you have bought Early Access here or Early Bird for the other game and what your experience is...

Cyber-Surfer
07-16-2016, 02:53 AM
Some very familiar faces here... Been around various sites for ages, as well as being a part of the original RCT community... I'm keeping my eye on this new incarnation.. but haven't made a decision yet on if I approve or not of it...

CS

boxman
07-16-2016, 03:09 AM
Some very familiar faces here... Been around various sites for ages, as well as being a part of the original RCT community... I'm keeping my eye on this new incarnation.. but haven't made a decision yet on if I approve or not of it...

CS
And most of these faces have already given up on this game and at least quite a few moved onto this other game ;P

[COCD/FATDC]Roy
07-28-2016, 07:37 PM
I was on RCTTime a long time ago, i was named non4life.

magicart87
07-31-2016, 12:03 PM
Welcome Old-Timers!

Your "wise with age" experience and carefree attitude when passing gas and yelling at children as they walk on your lawn is exactly the kind of thing our community needs! Bring on the crotchety old people!

Oh? You're not old? You say you are young at heart!? And..and you just say "whipper-snapper" because you think it would be a good name for a park ride? Oh ok. Well you're welcome here regardless! Old fart or an old forum member returning for more themepark thrills and discussions. Welcome! Glad to have you here!

hedlesschickn
08-05-2016, 09:20 PM
Look up my username in the UCES expansion.

Need I say more?

RCT1 was the first PC game I ever bought on the first PC I ever bought.

American McGee's Alice was the second.

Nookriot
08-09-2016, 09:01 AM

This will be my throwback for today, thank you hedless :cool:

pnkfloyd12
10-18-2016, 08:41 PM
Look up my username in the UCES expansion.

Need I say more?

RCT1 was the first PC game I ever bought on the first PC I ever bought.

I remember working on the UCES expansion also, but I no longer have it loaded. Many years ago, I reformatted my computer and loaded everything back on it, but forgot to backup all of my RCT folders.

Some of you may remember me as pnkfloyd12 or rb2112br on the old Atari RCT forums. At RCTMart, I think I went by rb2112br. Too many moons have passed to remember accurately. So, what is this I hear about RCT World???

hedlesschickn
10-18-2016, 09:22 PM
I remember the username, yes.

FWIW, I do still have the original UCES that I emailed myself back when it was finished.

pnkfloyd12
10-18-2016, 09:58 PM
If you can forward that to me, I'd appreciate it (I'll PM my email address). That would give me a reason to load the games again and crank them up.

Thanks.