PDA

View Full Version : Early Access - Update 8/17

CommunityAdmin
08-17-2016, 12:55 PM
Hey guys,

We know you have been waiting for our Piece by Piece system, and we are really excited to share it with you very soon. However, we need a few more days for bug fixes and polish, so we now plan to release PxP to you all by the end of August.

PxP is a significant new feature, and we want a make sure you can enjoy all the different aspects of our PxP builder from day 1. We have much of the system in place (in fact, it’s being shown to press at Gamescom right now) but are currently tweaking and polishing our snapping functions, grouping functions and making sure the pieces are easy for you to use.

Along with our focus on PxP, we are continuing to work on paths, animations, sounds, simulation bugs, coaster bugs, and more.

Thank you for allowing us this extra bug fixing time on this feature. We know this time will be worth it!

http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Maya_Screen_PxP001-1.jpg

Lastly, check out this brand new trailer for RCTW! It features a look at the game today, including a sneak peek of PxP! https://youtu.be/ONfsQYKf920

See you soon in the park!

Theme Park Games
08-17-2016, 02:21 PM
Sad that the update is delayed, but really enjoyed the video and the first sneak peak at the PxP system. It's really exciting seeing RCTW continue to evolve. Thank you for all your hard work.

MR.sugar
08-17-2016, 03:09 PM
I don´t know how others feel about it, but I don´t think that it´s needed to market the game with the "off the rails" thing all the time. Imho, it looks a bit weird, how trais fly off the tracks and also makes me feel like I´m watching a trailer for a budget game that has not much interesting stuff to offer.

PbP system does look nice though.

DanPlayer01
08-17-2016, 04:12 PM
Wow! Can't wait, the next piece by piece features look great! Hope you get it perfect. :) Feel free to take yur time with this as long as you get it right.

DanPlayer01
08-17-2016, 04:13 PM
I don´t know how others feel about it, but I don´t think that it´s needed to market the game with the "off the rails" thing all the time. Imho, it looks a bit weird, how trais fly off the tracks and also makes me feel like I´m watching a trailer for a budget game that has not much interesting stuff to offer.

PbP system does look nice though.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, they could show it once or twice but their showing it a lot. The trailer looks great though.

Akydo
08-17-2016, 09:33 PM
How do u guys like the new shops and stalls Sizes. makes it easier too decorate . i like the new ones. but i would have also liked just the counter and the staff, cause i like to decorate the inside of it. putting food billboards in the food stand. cause right now the inside looks the same in every Shop. unless we can and i didnt get a good view on it or they are planing to add more stuff inside of it. :cool:

DanPlayer01
08-17-2016, 09:36 PM
How do u guys like the new shops and stalls Sizes. makes it easier too decorate . i like the new ones. but i would have also liked just the counter and the staff, cause i like to decorate the inside of it. putting food billboards in the food stand. cause right now the inside looks the same in every Shop. unless we can and i didnt get a good view on it or they are planing to add more stuff inside of it. :cool:

I prefer what we have with the inside already decorated, but that is a great idea and would be nice to have, seems like something they could easily add to the game.

f794251
08-18-2016, 05:16 AM
hope they include road in PbP system . I can only see they are using old road system in video . If road (and stair :cool:) is not in PbP system , i think it will be very difficult to build a path in building and PbP building may just became decoration.

DanPlayer01
08-19-2016, 08:55 AM
hope they include road in PbP system . I can only see they are using old road system in video . If road (and stair :cool:) is not in PbP system , i think it will be very difficult to build a path in building and PbP building may just became decoration.

By road to you mean paths?

Chuggster
08-19-2016, 09:16 PM
Oh my gosh!! I love it! "off the rails"! How more classic RCT can you go haha. I used to always build coasters just to see them fly off and explode into smithereens. Oh nostolgia. Also I love the new shops. That will make customizing things soo much easier! Super excited for that. This update is going to be great!

DanPlayer01
08-19-2016, 09:26 PM
Oh my gosh!! I love it! "off the rails"! How more classic RCT can you go haha. I used to always build coasters just to see them fly off and explode into smithereens. Oh nostolgia. Also I love the new shops. That will make customizing things soo much easier! Super excited for that. This update is going to be great!

Yes, Some people love the "off the rails" aspect, i'm not a big fan of that but it's fine. Glad your happy for the update!

mydogthesenator
08-20-2016, 05:39 AM
Are you all completely delusional? this looks terrible!

ccfan007
08-20-2016, 05:52 PM
But where are the bug fixes and optimizations that we need in order to even TRY to build something PxP... I literally do not understand how you guys think. The game is so laggy and unplayable yet you want us to try and be patient enough to build custom buildings while dealing with loads of lag... *slaps forehead*

DanPlayer01
08-20-2016, 06:19 PM
But where are the bug fixes and optimizations that we need in order to even TRY to build something PxP... I literally do not understand how you guys think. The game is so laggy and unplayable yet you want us to try and be patient enough to build custom buildings while dealing with loads of lag... *slaps forehead*
Could it be your PC? Rctw works fine for me.

ccfan007
08-20-2016, 06:20 PM
Just bough a brand new system last week with amazing specs and its still horrible. Runs planet coaster like a charm.

DanPlayer01
08-20-2016, 07:03 PM
Just bough a brand new system last week with amazing specs and its still horrible. Runs planet coaster like a charm.

Interesting, rctw works fine for me, very little bugs.

Chuggster
08-21-2016, 12:03 AM

I have not had a problem with lag while playing the game. Its real smooth to me. The only issue I have building things is that there is collision in the majority of objects and that I can't raise certain pieces of scenery but they made it that way and its not a bug by any means.

DanPlayer01
08-21-2016, 05:27 PM
A date for the next update yet? Only a few days until the end of the month. :)

TycoonFury
08-21-2016, 07:19 PM
Love to know what system specs, operating system and background applications you have on your rig. As if it's a top end pc you should be getting some really good FPS.

mixer114
08-22-2016, 04:49 AM
I have a high end PC, So answer me this. Games i Run Cities skyline, Planet Coaster , euro and american truck sim , train sim 2016, Farming Sim. these games run as smooth as anything i can even watch youtube at same time i have twin monitors NO LAG. but if i run RCTW either new park or saved game it lags out like mad this is just RCTW running nothing in the background ,now you tell me its not the game. the coding is not optimized and thats the thing should be worked on not PbP or anything fancy. and i am a Computer Technician, could you guys out there who have RCTW running perfect please tell me your system specs and OS and you settings so i can try them out on my bench test system. and perhaps be able to play the game .

DanPlayer01
08-22-2016, 07:48 AM
I have a high end PC, So answer me this. Games i Run Cities skyline, Planet Coaster , euro and american truck sim , train sim 2016, Farming Sim. these games run as smooth as anything i can even watch youtube at same time i have twin monitors NO LAG. but if i run RCTW either new park or saved game it lags out like mad this is just RCTW running nothing in the background ,now you tell me its not the game. the coding is not optimized and thats the thing should be worked on not PbP or anything fancy. and i am a Computer Technician, could you guys out there who have RCTW running perfect please tell me your system specs and OS and you settings so i can try them out on my bench test system. and perhaps be able to play the game .

MY system specs aren't even great, yet the last couple times I ran RCTW it ran like butter, the loading time wasn't terrible, still long though.

Theme Park Games
08-22-2016, 12:36 PM
People have posted photos showing how RCTW maxes out RAM memory. I've seen it happen with me too. There are definitely performance issues that need to be addressed. A person who can't play a game will automatically give it a bad rating/review. That's why it is even more vital to make sure that each update/patch helps performance and doesn't hinder it.

DanPlayer01
08-23-2016, 03:32 PM
Any news Atari, where have you guy's been? It would be nice to hear some news.

Zerael
08-23-2016, 04:40 PM
they're abandoned us http://www.breatheheavy.com/exhale/home/breatheh/public_html//exhale/uploads/emoticons/tiffanycries.gif

DanPlayer01
08-23-2016, 04:44 PM
they're abandoned us http://www.breatheheavy.com/exhale/home/breatheh/public_html//exhale/uploads/emoticons/tiffanycries.gif

I know the guy's from Atari just got back from Gamescom, but just a hello would be nice.

Theme Park Games
08-23-2016, 08:40 PM
I know the guy's from Atari just got back from Gamescom, but just a hello would be nice.Agreed. This is the worse possible time they could have chosen to stop all interaction with their users. In the last two weeks they have lost some high profile RCTW players and it wasn't because of PC Alpha 3. It's because they have been ignoring us and didn't issue a hotfix for the performance problems of the last update.

My background is in public relations. It is VITAL to keep your community, even if small, engaged. These are the people you will need to spread the word when new updates come out and when the game improves. These are the people that will still do live streams and YouTube videos. Once you lose them, your uphill battle just became impossible.

Keep communicating and engaging with us, Atari/Nvizzio.

DanPlayer01
08-23-2016, 09:28 PM
Agreed. This is the worse possible time they could have chosen to stop all interaction with their users. In the last two weeks they have lost some high profile RCTW players and it wasn't because of PC Alpha 3. It's because they have been ignoring us and didn't issue a hotfix for the performance problems of the last update.

My background is in public relations. It is VITAL to keep your community, even if small, engaged. These are the people you will need to spread the word when new updates come out and when the game improves. These are the people that will still do live streams and YouTube videos. Once you lose them, your uphill battle just became impossible.

Keep communicating and engaging with us, Atari/Nvizzio.

It also happened at the same time that Nvizzio lost their community manager.

boxman
08-23-2016, 10:49 PM
This silence is only a taste of what is to come... As soon as they push this game towards release they are going to go completely silent abandon everyone, like they have done so many times in the past and I bet that is coming soon after the PbP update.

hupulups
08-24-2016, 02:49 AM
I agree theme park game.To be honnest,i m really sad and thinking there is not lot of hope. certainly wasting my time!:(

Nookriot
08-25-2016, 08:55 AM

You have not been abandoned! I am here but this month is crazy with back to back conventions!

(Not to intentionally derail the thread) but is anyone in the Seattle area and heading to PAX West this year?

TycoonFury
08-25-2016, 10:27 AM
If your willing to pay my flight and accommodation I'll be there. 😃

Theme Park Games
08-25-2016, 04:40 PM
You have not been abandoned! I am here but this month is crazy with back to back conventions!

(Not to intentionally derail the thread) but is anyone in the Seattle area and heading to PAX West this year? I was thinking of driving the four hours to get there, but all tickets are sold out.

Nookriot
08-25-2016, 04:48 PM
Yeah, PAX West tickets go the fastest. :(

Chuggster
08-28-2016, 10:02 PM

(Not to intentionally derail the thread) but is anyone in the Seattle area and heading to PAX West this year? I wish I was going to PAX West. That would be awesome!