PDA

View Full Version : So, when's the actual game coming out?

Brandon Carey
07-15-2016, 02:53 AM
I'm confused, is the "Early Access" still here?

Beaker86
07-15-2016, 05:17 AM
Yes game is still in early access with updates roughly every two weeks. Last official word i heard on release date is 'when its ready'
I know there are features they want to implement before full release and they were working on upgrading to a newer version on Unity too which i would expect to happen before full release

Vanillepink
07-15-2016, 08:24 AM
Yes the game is still in 'Early Access'.
We don't have a date yet for full release, stay tuned :)

TheWetDolphin
07-16-2016, 07:01 PM
Yes the game is still in 'Early Access'.
We don't have a date yet for full release, stay tuned :)

Do you know when the upgrade to the newer version of unity is happening?

DanPlayer01
07-17-2016, 02:33 PM
What new capibilities are possible with this new version?

AUS_Twisted
07-18-2016, 02:47 AM
It's already out in retail stores and Atari hid the Early Access part pretty good.

Beaker86
07-18-2016, 04:03 AM
It's already out in retail stores and Atari hid the Early Access part pretty good.

From what i have read and understand a limited number of hard copies had been shipped when the decision to go Early Access was made - remember after it was pushed in December the release was due to be around the time it went EA. I am glad they decided to go EA but think the communication between the first beta weekend and that decision was extremely poor (absent)

DanPlayer01
07-18-2016, 05:14 PM

Yes, It's in select retail stores across the country in Early Access, I hope they stay in early access for while longer.

Beaker86
07-18-2016, 05:43 PM
I would be surprised if it comes out of EA any time soon as there are a lot of things needing done - AI further refinements, further pathing refinements, Unity upgrade and missing features like PbP builder, water rides, transport rides still to be implemented even at the 'Alpha - First Pass' level they seem to have been using so far with new features

Millennium_Force
07-18-2016, 11:30 PM
"Soon" -Atari

DanPlayer01
07-19-2016, 09:44 AM
"Soon" -Atari

I have no problem waiting, as long as we get the proper content and continue to get bi-weekly updates. If the updates and communication stop then i'll get worried.

Beaker86
07-19-2016, 11:44 AM
I dont expect that to stop i think that although a small number of us are here in comparison to the number of copies sold we are continuing to be vocal and constructive. I think the danger is we stop and therefore Atari think 'x' feature is fixed or the game is finished because we stop providing feedback.
Before someone jumps on with the Atari have no money argument, i have heard that apparently even after refunds RCTW has still outsold PC by approximately 2:1

B3DDO3
07-19-2016, 12:20 PM
I am no way having a go at you I will say however amount of sales have nothing to do with how much money Atari has for now, they were $12mil in debt, I believe they have half resolved this by selling some new shares now so are approx. $7mil in debt. Frontier may have sold 1/2 the amount (not sure we don't know official numbers) however they started way in the black due to Elite Dangerous performing so well.

DanPlayer01
07-19-2016, 12:21 PM
I dont expect that to stop i think that although a small number of us are here in comparison to the number of copies sold we are continuing to be vocal and constructive. I think the danger is we stop and therefore Atari think 'x' feature is fixed or the game is finished because we stop providing feedback.
Before someone jumps on with the Atari have no money argument, i have heard that apparently even after refunds RCTW has still outsold PC by approximately 2:1

Makes sense, PC is so expensive for EA. I think Atari has enough money to continue the game development until it is great, I know they have been in the news for partnering with audio and smart home companies, so I don't know what they're doing their. Their is also a number of RCTW players on the steam discussions who aren't here, I was trying to get them to come to the official forums. I am confident that Nvizzio and Atari can continue this game and make it great, but the community is extremely important at this point in development.

DanPlayer01
07-19-2016, 12:26 PM
I am no way having a go at you I will say however amount of sales have nothing to do with how much money Atari has for now, they were $12mil in debt, I believe they have half resolved this by selling some new shares now so are approx. $7mil in debt. Frontier may have sold 1/2 the amount (not sure we don't know official numbers) however they started way in the black due to Elite Dangerous performing so well.

But if you look at, America is $19 trillion in debt, GE $50 billion, Walmart $33 Billion. So $12 Million, Nothing, lol. It is quit a bit for a little company like Atari but nothing to put them bankrupt. I don't know what Atari is doing with all these new partnerships for headphones and connected home devices... Sounds like it could make them some money. RCTW has the potential to make big bucks also.

Harbinger73
07-19-2016, 07:15 PM
The Alden debt was actually closer to $15m as Atari report their figures in Euros.

In the deal Alden has written off 58% of the debt at current value but they're getting 5m shares so it's possible they may make up the difference eventually. The deal was financed by generating 16.7m new shares (diluting the value of current shares by 9%) and a €2.5m loan.

Nvizzio are benefiting from the deal to the tune of €300k + 1.5m Atari shares (currently valued @ €270K) so the deal has removed the Sword of Damocles that has been hanging over Atari and bought them some extra non-sales dependent RCTW development time at least.

B3DDO3
07-20-2016, 07:41 AM
The Alden debt was actually closer to $15m as Atari report their figures in Euros.

In the deal Alden has written off 58% of the debt at current value but they're getting 5m shares so it's possible they may make up the difference eventually. The deal was financed by generating 16.7m new shares (diluting the value of current shares by 9%) and a €2.5m loan.

Nvizzio are benefiting from the deal to the tune of €300k + 1.5m Atari shares (currently valued @ €270K) so the deal has removed the Sword of Damocles that has been hanging over Atari and bought them some extra non-sales dependent RCTW development time at least.
This must make the original shareholders jump for joy, to be honest though all this is not my strong point, I just know they are in debt and trying to wriggle out of it to stay afloat.