PDA

View Full Version : UGC REQUEST - Pink or Purple Rectangle/Billboard

Theme Park Games
07-10-2016, 12:45 PM
I have a strange UGC request. Can someone make a pink or purple rectangle (large vs small) that stands up like a wall or billboard with no legs (or one with and without legs) and upload it to the game UGC? I'd be willing to credit you or your username on YouTube in the ride I want to make.

The reason why I need this is for a ride experiment. I'd like to try to add video into one of my rides. So the rectangle/billboard acts as the "movie screen". In the video editor I would replace the color pink or purple with video. Why pink or purple? Because there are not very many of those colors in the game. When I replace the color with video if that color appears anywhere else in the scene then it is replaced with video too. Thus I need a color that doesn't usually appear in the game.

So the end result of the pink or purple billboard/rectangle is a video playing on it.

Thanks!

Joe
ThemeParkGames.com

Forgath
07-11-2016, 02:22 AM
I have not tried to create things like that yet. Maybe other UGC creators, who have made building-pieces, can help you out.

Iratewalnut
07-11-2016, 07:54 AM
Hi Theme Park Games,

Try this out: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=722320022

Values for the pink are: R 197 G 42 B 220, Hue 207 Sat 206, Hex #C52ADCFF

Let me know how tests go here and we can adjust size/colour to fit what you need

Irate Walnut

Theme Park Games
07-11-2016, 10:24 AM
Thank you, Irate Walnut! I'll let you know how the tests go. I really appreciate you helping me out with this.

Theme Park Games
07-23-2016, 01:11 AM
Irate Walnut - I want to thank you for creating the billboard for me. It worked PERFECT! I will be releasing my new ride tomorrow (been working on it ever since you finished the billboard) and will credit you in the description area on YouTube and in any blog posts I write about it. The ride is tentatively called "Hollywood Backlot Tour." Thank you again. I will post the video here tomorrow (and on Steam and in the Creativity forum).

Theme Park Games
07-23-2016, 11:43 PM
As promised... here's a link to the ride:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riLo08OoBBY

Iratewalnut
07-25-2016, 01:48 PM
Just watched the vid, great job! so much detail. Also noticed you used another piece of my UGC at the Back to the future bit :D Thanks

Theme Park Games
07-25-2016, 06:27 PM
Thanks! And thanks for the UGC! Just a note...

I had to change the video. Youtube was blocking it in several countries due to the use of 32 seconds from the song "Colors of the Wind." So I went back to the editing board and decided to make it better by...

1) Replacing Pocahontas with "Steamboat Willie." This allows a "progress of animation" to be shown in Animation Land from black and white to today.

2) Adding several more sound effects (wolf howling in Western Land, Kraken sound in Pirates of the Caribbean, etc.).

3) Completely overhauling the narration. I originally narrated the video and didn't like it. Since I had to reedit the video, I hired the same guy that voiced my Jurassic Park ride to also voice this ride. I think he did a great job.

Here is the URL to the newly revised video. I've also updated this in my post just above Iratewalnut.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riLo08OoBBY

DonSPa
07-25-2016, 11:48 PM
wow u did a very very awesome job on this video.If theres any kind award id say this should get it easy.I too want to thank you for using stuff that i had uploaded.Ive wondered if anyones used them and glad that they have come to good use.And u sir shows that this game does have the potential even with some of the bugs it still can accomplish some good material and u have proved it in this video.Ive subscribed to ur youtube channel and look forward to seeing more

Asgaurd
08-17-2016, 01:19 PM
Excellent work, just shows you what some talent can accomplish with limited tools.
if you need a prop or 2 in the future just let me know, first time i have actually smiled while watching a rctw video.

Theme Park Games
08-17-2016, 02:36 PM
Excellent work, just shows you what some talent can accomplish with limited tools.
if you need a prop or 2 in the future just let me know, first time i have actually smiled while watching a rctw video. Thanks, Asgaurd - much appreciated. This really shows what can be done when community members help each other (props, audio, etc.). My newest project, "The Eye of Basla" is on hold due to performance issues after the last update. But I have my idea sketched out and will definitely post another help message soon if I need a particular prop.