PDA

View Full Version : RCTW Hard Copy

Meltediron
07-03-2016, 08:43 AM
I was in Walmart today and I saw a hard copy of the game for $40. Why are they making a hard copy when the game isn't even ready? The back cover did say activation through steam, but still.

Scott97
07-03-2016, 12:27 PM
There's no disk, all of these hard copies are just activation codes. They're just trying to cash in on sales really

loquacious706
07-03-2016, 12:30 PM
It was an oversight. Remember back in October when Atari was saying the game would be ready for full launch in December and they were only doing the "last finishing polish" on the game? Yeah. They really did believe the game was acceptable and so they made hard-copy cases, but when it was decided at the last second to release as "Early Access" due to the seething backlash, they forgot that some had already been shipped overseas and so those cases got turned into cheaper access codes.

The fact that back in October Atari genuinely was satisfied enough with the game to think it only needed final polishing to the point where they believed it was a good idea to make hard-copy cases convinces me that they have no idea how (and probably no intent) to make a quality game, but I'll follow the development until it goes silent so that I know I did my part in trying to help.

mattdean1003
07-04-2016, 09:10 PM
My walmart also has it. It certainly is a PC DVD.