PDA

View Full Version : I think I've found the peeps inspiration!!

Scott97
06-30-2016, 04:37 AM
Is it just me or does it look like the peeps inspiration came from this video?;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRZ2Sh5-XuM&app=desktop

maxfreak
06-30-2016, 11:56 AM
Oh my god. I just nearly pissed myself at work! This is so accurate it hurts.

RCTWLemondude617
06-30-2016, 12:30 PM
Is it just me or does it look like the peeps inspiration came from this video?;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRZ2Sh5-XuM&app=desktop

It might be just you, but that was pretty funny lol

Future RCT
06-30-2016, 11:54 PM
:D

Threads like this are why I wish we could still rate threads.

TheWetDolphin
07-01-2016, 06:28 PM
Probably yes aha! I really wish they made more effort into peeps before releasing into EA. I know it is early stages but they still could of made them normal at least a bit... Oh well, they will get better :)

JMR
07-01-2016, 06:34 PM
LOL!

Yes, the peeps need a good bit of work, especially the animations.

TheWetDolphin
07-01-2016, 08:37 PM
LOL!

Yes, the peeps need a good bit of work, especially the animations.

And the screams! Oh god, they hurt my ears :(

Bitter Jeweler
07-01-2016, 10:44 PM
I hate to say it, and I certainly hope I am proven wrong, but, I think the peeps are baked in at this point.
This content isn't something you keep working on this late in the process, and keep making (poor) animations for, if you plan on scrapping them later for all new entities, that would require every animation to be redone for them.

Unless they have a team working solely on the new peeps, which will turn out to be amazing, in secret, and what we are seeing now is just half arsed, because THEY KNOW they will be scrapped later.

TheWetDolphin
07-02-2016, 09:59 AM
I hate to say it, and I certainly hope I am proven wrong, but, I think the peeps are baked in at this point.
This content isn't something you keep working on this late in the process, and keep making (poor) animations for, if you plan on scrapping them later for all new entities, that would require every animation to be redone for them.

Unless they have a team working solely on the new peeps, which will turn out to be amazing, in secret, and what we are seeing now is just half arsed, because THEY KNOW they will be scrapped later.

Yes very true. Look at the other 2 games and their peeps are pretty much perfect! They just update them a little bit every now and then. But with RCTW, they spend time on peeps every update when they should be bringing/improving more things in the game! Peeps should be near enough complete now, especially if the game was supposed to release fully last December..

loquacious706
07-02-2016, 07:32 PM
But with RCTW, they spend time on peeps every update when they should be bringing/improving more things in the game! Peeps should be near enough complete now, especially if the game was supposed to release fully last December..

Exactly. I think it's time people just realize the peeps aren't in early development. They are 99% done as is the rest of the game.

Mark0ne
07-04-2016, 05:43 AM
Exactly. I think it's time people just realize the peeps aren't in early development. They are 99% done as is the rest of the game.

I just don't know how, whoever worked on the peep animation and models, ever thought that they were acceptable. At best the walking animation is okay in a very basic kind of way, at worst the running animation is horrendous and so artificial. Not only that but the skipping? SKIPPING!!?? How many kids, never mind teenagers, do you see skipping nowadays? When you see the teenage boy/young adult with the punk Mohawk and tattoos skipping like a girl age five in pigtails, it's just embarrassing to watch. I can't believe this is going to be left like this for final release. No matter how much the game is improved, if the peeps stay like this the reviewers will rip it to shreds. The peeps are the main visual interface for feedback on how well you are building and managing your park. What visual feedback can you get from the lifeless, expressionless, shop store mannequins that awkwardly strut around at the moment?

For the record I am not a RCTW basher. I see the improvements that have been made and I am encouraged. But I fear that if the peep situation is left as it is then it all could be for nothing.

TheWetDolphin
07-04-2016, 12:21 PM
I just don't know how, whoever worked on the peep animation and models, ever thought that they were acceptable. At best the walking animation is okay in a very basic kind of way, at worst the running animation is horrendous and so artificial. Not only that but the skipping? SKIPPING!!?? How many kids, never mind teenagers, do you see skipping nowadays? When you see the teenage boy/young adult with the punk Mohawk and tattoos skipping like a girl age five in pigtails, it's just embarrassing to watch. I can't believe this is going to be left like this for final release. No matter how much the game is improved, if the peeps stay like this the reviewers will rip it to shreds. The peeps are the main visual interface for feedback on how well you are building and managing your park. What visual feedback can you get from the lifeless, expressionless, shop store mannequins that awkwardly strut around at the moment?

For the record I am not a RCTW basher. I see the improvements that have been made and I am encouraged. But I fear that if the peep situation is left as it is then it all could be for nothing.

I don't think they will be left like this for final release, but what I was saying is that they SHOULD be by now! And I can't see the peeps looking as good as Planet Coasters but you never know, Nvizzio might just surprise us :)

Scott97
07-04-2016, 02:24 PM
I don't think they will be left like this for final release, but what I was saying is that they SHOULD be by now! And I can't see the peeps looking as good as Planet Coasters but you never know, Nvizzio might just surprise us :)

If I'm going to be honest I'd actually be surprised if they changed them

TheWetDolphin
07-04-2016, 04:03 PM
If I'm going to be honest I'd actually be surprised if they changed them

They would probably just update them more, don't think they would completely re-design them. I would love to see how long it took Frontier and Nvizzio to make their peeps.

Remco
07-05-2016, 05:23 AM
Haha, this video made my day XD

loquacious706
07-05-2016, 09:13 PM

The reviews of RCTW have already said all there is to say. It's very unlikely that this game will ever have a "Full Release." They will just keep riding the "but improvements are coming" shtick even if they do remove the Early Access label in order to ward off any actual criticism. See how it's already working? People are hoping that "improvements are coming" on the peeps, and I'm sure there are, but it's nothing that will make the peeps Good, only Better. This game was up to Atari's standards back in October, don't forget. The updates that will be going into this game will not be anything truly dramatic. They simply don't have the time or the resources.

Honestly, the peeps are 99% done.

Mark0ne
07-06-2016, 03:37 AM
The reviews of RCTW have already said all there is to say. It's very unlikely that this game will ever have a "Full Release." They will just keep riding the "but improvements are coming" shtick even if they do remove the Early Access label in order to ward off any actual criticism. See how it's already working? People are hoping that "improvements are coming" on the peeps, and I'm sure there are, but it's nothing that will make the peeps Good, only Better. This game was up to Atari's standards back in October, don't forget. The updates that will be going into this game will not be anything truly dramatic. They simply don't have the time or the resources.

Honestly, the peeps are 99% done.

I hear what you are saying, but if time and money are the issue then surely they could have saved both by just dropping the game instead of going the 'early release' path. Now they have spent months of time and who knows how many more months plus the money they must be throwing at Nvizzio to keep pumping out updates. I doubt the early access sales will be enough to cover the ongoing costs.

DanPlayer01
07-06-2016, 11:49 AM
I hope we get the park inspector back, he can come in and shut down poorly maintained rides. Maybe VIPs too, they could draw a big crowd to your park. But i think the most important aspect missing from the game is piece by piece building, its a tough thing to add but they say their working on it. It needs to be simple to use, like a grid system, but it needs to be complex enough to look good.

loquacious706
07-07-2016, 12:42 AM
I hear what you are saying, but if time and money are the issue then surely they could have saved both by just dropping the game instead of going the 'early release' path. Now they have spent months of time and who knows how many more months plus the money they must be throwing at Nvizzio to keep pumping out updates. I doubt the early access sales will be enough to cover the ongoing costs.

Oh, absolutely. But this game was too big of an asset for Atari to just abandon. Atari just had to push forward, and RCTW raked in a chunk of money. Even the Steam Summer Sale brought in some numbers recently. Who knows, with the Early Access banner that placates people from being too upset with the game's flaws and lacking, RCTW might even be profitable today. But all in all, there's still not enough support or resources to give the peeps (along with the rest of the game) the overhaul they need to be acceptable.

What is in the game now was acceptable enough to be released to paying customers. We can't expect truly impactful changes now-- especially if they're selling hard copies.

I guess I'm just trying to save people from greater disappointment. It's better just to come to terms that this is almost as good as the game is going to get so keep your wishlist short and simple.For example; a new skybox. No, no one was asking for a new skybox-- not when peeps are walking underwater and the coasters still aren't working right and half the restaurants are unusable, but a new skybox is exactly the kind of quick and simple update we should be expecting.

I, for one, would just like to see mascots actually play a role in the game and am hoping that expectation is low enough.

Bitter Jeweler
07-07-2016, 01:09 AM
I have to admit, the Peeps are starting to grow on me, and I think they should take them the other direction. Make them even more hilarious and bizarre. I'm being serious! I love watching their oddness! I'm embracing it! I caught one picking his nose today! (he'll be in my next video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCoPaDS591M

DanPlayer01
07-07-2016, 08:55 AM
I'm hoping they add like a Harry Potter patch and purposely include janitors on flying broomsticks. I think that would be hilarious! RCT is supposed to be cartooney, so why not make the peeps represent that well.