PDA

View Full Version : UGC newbie question

Beaker86
06-29-2016, 11:32 AM
Ok maybe im being dense but wanting to try making some assets - whether they become public or not we shall wait and see - do i create a model in software such as blender then import it into Unity and ultimately RCTW or do i create the model directly i. unity?

Forgath
06-29-2016, 12:34 PM
So far i have only created trees inside Blender. Im struggling at the moment with the process inside Unity to get it transferred properly and ready for upload. But outside of that i have not used Unity.

Maybe someone with more knowledge about these programs can help you out.

DonSPa
06-29-2016, 01:27 PM
im quite new at this as well and not a true expert but im picking things up fast even tho im not creating my own stuff.But most works i have seen have been made in blender,sketchup and 3ds max where blender seems to be the easiest to work with.After ur done making ur model export the files as a .fbx as unity reads them better and add any texture files as well to unity>Start up unity and import the rctw package from the assets/import/custompackage once thats done then u can drag ur .fbx file into the project window.Click the rctw tab and start creating the unity files.The texture files u can drag into the materials folder

if anyone knows any easier way maybe they will post here

Beaker86
06-29-2016, 01:35 PM
Thanks - think im going to play with importing some of the free assets from the unity store like rocks and stuff initially then try making stuff once my new laptop arrives next week

DonSPa
06-29-2016, 03:47 PM
Thanks - think im going to play with importing some of the free assets from the unity store like rocks and stuff initially then try making stuff once my new laptop arrives next week

cool hope u figure it out and trust me once u learn u may find yourself doing this instead of playing the game lolol also look on the topic "blender created model" that may even help u out,granted my works is from models that others have created but i think it should still be the same basic idea.I dont know how to even begin doing my own models and knowing how to keep polys down etc etc.I dont knwo if theres an easier way to do thinsg than how ive been doing it but seems to work