PDA

View Full Version : Rocks??

Beaker86
06-29-2016, 11:03 AM
I know that there was a set of UGC rocks which were removed a number of weeks ago by the author. The UI for navigating the Content Manager is a nightmare on my computer so i was just wondering if anyone had made any new rocks yet?

Forgath
06-29-2016, 03:53 PM
not from my end yet. But i probably will spend time on rocks as well when im getting the hang of creating my own objects.
I apologise i cant deliver them yet :)

DonSPa
06-29-2016, 04:02 PM
beaker was wondering if somemone removed a model from steam does it screw up your saved games at all?the reason i ask is i have like 4 models that i need to update and for some reason the project files disappeared and in order to fix the models id have to create them as new and im afraid to delete them from steam and recreate the models in fear that it will screw up anyones parks who may have them installed

Forgath
06-29-2016, 04:17 PM
You should be fine DonSPa. I am still able to use the rocks that where removed from steam some time ago, and there are no issues with me placing them or loading saved games.

Beaker86
06-29-2016, 05:03 PM
not from my end yet. But i probably will spend time on rocks as well when im getting the hang of creating my own objects.
I apologise i cant deliver them yet :)

There are some free rocks in the Unity Asset Store - thinking about downloading and importing them. If they work ill let you know

Iratewalnut
06-29-2016, 07:26 PM
DonSPa, Any UGC downloaded goes to C:\Users\<Name>\AppData\LocalLow\Nvizzio Creations\RollerCoaster Tycoon World\UGC\Archive, even if an item is removed from the workshop it will remain available to anyone who has downloaded it until it is deleted from the above folder, whereupon it would need be downloaded again. I'm not certain but I would presume if you remove a piece of your ugc from the workshop, even when you upload an improved version of the same piece with the same name it would still be given a new code (ie folder name ex. 653362308 is [PandaPack]MedievalCastle-Window2)

Hope this helps :)

DonSPa
06-29-2016, 08:30 PM
DonSPa, Any UGC downloaded goes to C:\Users\<Name>\AppData\LocalLow\Nvizzio Creations\RollerCoaster Tycoon World\UGC\Archive, even if an item is removed from the workshop it will remain available to anyone who has downloaded it until it is deleted from the above folder, whereupon it would need be downloaded again. I'm not certain but I would presume if you remove a piece of your ugc from the workshop, even when you upload an improved version of the same piece with the same name it would still be given a new code (ie folder name ex. 653362308 is [PandaPack]MedievalCastle-Window2)

Hope this helps :)

ok cooool ty forgath and irate,i didnt want to delete them and have (irate) fans) pun intended lolol makes me feel better,i can work on those tonite,isnt any major fixes but just enough that it bugs me and not sure why the files just disappeared on those models when i open unity

Forgath
06-30-2016, 09:23 AM
Where you looking for specific rocks Beaker86? As in, do they have to be similar to those who were in the UGC? Or can they be different?

Beaker86
06-30-2016, 01:37 PM
nothing specific just wanting to be able to stack them to make a tunnel to extend my mine coaster I'm working on just now. As I said I've seen some free assets on the Unity store which might work if the scale is right so going to give them a shot.

Forgath
06-30-2016, 02:10 PM
I managed to create 3 different sized rocks with moss on them. But in a clear moment I managed to delete the file.... a duh moment :o

Beaker86
07-01-2016, 04:10 AM
Doh! Ive found some on the unity asset store just having problems importing with the textures. Going to try over the weekend

Forgath
07-01-2016, 06:25 AM
I probably found the same stones as you in that store :)
I already found out that importing stones from blender to unity is creating many issues so I will try it out with unity.

Beaker86
07-01-2016, 07:01 AM
I tried it with the camp fire from the unity store last night - to go in my frontiersmans camp beside my mine but i couldnt import the prefab with textures so need to play about and try to get the textures working on it. Was my first attempt trying to import anything so need to play about to get used to it

Forgath
07-01-2016, 05:52 PM
Good luck on that :)

I'll try to get some work into Unity this weekend. Got a very busy work weekend coming up so no promises :D

Forgath
07-03-2016, 05:24 PM
I found a package of rocks inside the Unity Asset Store. I downloaded it, applied the textures and uploaded them using the unity plug-in. I take in no way credit for making / building these rocks. (its a free package to download, it got uploaded 5 years ago to that store) But i thought not everyone is using the plug-in so perhaps i can help out a bit this way by uploading them into UGC.

They turned out slightly shiny, but i uploaded 18 of them to steam. They are labeled Rocks1 till Rocks19. (Rocks14 is missing in that list, it didnt upload correctly)

Beaker86
07-04-2016, 01:23 PM
That looks like the ones i had been looking at thanks Forgath! Had been planning to do that next weekend once my new laptop arrives. Having to restart my mine train anyway so might wait until next week and what other frontier type items i can find

Wabigbear
07-04-2016, 04:51 PM
I didn't know those rocks had been removed...I wonder why? I have them and use them all the time.

Bitter Jeweler
07-04-2016, 04:54 PM
The maker was displeased with the game, and took his toys and went home.

Disgruntled Peep.

Thread. (https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?12693-Where-are-the-Rocks-!/page2&highlight=removed)

Wabigbear
07-04-2016, 05:47 PM
^Ahhh, I see. Well, it's not going to hurt Atari or Nvizzio, it only hurts other players, meanwhile the sets still exist, so it's not making much of a statement I'd say.

I can certainly understand being displeased with the game...

Bitter Jeweler
07-20-2016, 03:41 PM
So...no non-shiny rocks yet?

Forgath
07-20-2016, 03:50 PM
Would you like that specific set non-shiny Bitter Jeweler? Or may it be a different set as well ? Non-shiny Of course.

Bitter Jeweler
07-20-2016, 03:59 PM
Those looked good. Shiny doesn't read well. ;)

I wish I had the time to learn how to do UGC. I could model rocks, but don't know anything about texturing, or bringing them into the game, for that matter.

If you ask what I wish for, it would be rounded rocks, like the set you added, in both the brownish texture, and in a greyer texture (like adventure rocks), and a set of squarer rocks (like adventure rocks). That would be my ideal.

If I made rock objects, would you or somebody else be able to texture them, and scale them for the game?
I'd be happy to try to create a set(s). I'd like to model them with the idea that they have ways they can "fit together".

Forgath
07-20-2016, 04:43 PM
Those more square rocks I can add for you. At least I think I know what kind of rocks you are hinting at. Please give me some time though, I won't be able to do it before Sunday. (Terrible busy with work these days)

Creating rocks is fun but a time consuming process. Same as making trees. (for me that is :) ) lots of trial and error. But I'll try to see what is possible

Bitter Jeweler
07-20-2016, 05:17 PM
Oh no hurry! Just super appreciation when it happens. Appreciation doesn't buy lunch though. LOL
Thanks!

Forgath
07-21-2016, 06:13 AM
Would these be of interest to you?

Beaker86
07-21-2016, 07:21 AM

Yes Forgath would be of interest to me anyway. Those shiny ones are nice for rockery type areas but give some funny lighting when making tunnels lol.

Bitterjeweler im similar to you not sure about texturing etc yet but importing into the game is pretty easy - have managed to import a couple if models i found but didnt ultimately like them. There is a sticky with a link to a steam page with a tutorial for importing ugc

Forgath
07-21-2016, 07:49 AM
Ok, I will do my best to upload them this weekend. I'll try to make them not shiny :)

maxfreak
07-21-2016, 03:43 PM

Ohhhh...yummy!

DonSPa
07-21-2016, 05:38 PM
those look great forgath

Forgath
07-24-2016, 10:29 AM
I have been busy with uploading the rocks (as i promised). I gave several a darker structure (with moss). A few others a lighter structer (with moss).
Are there any preferences?

I put the tree there as reference. If need be i can scale them up.