PDA

View Full Version : is there a way

DonSPa
06-16-2016, 05:05 AM
gotta question,is there a way in unity to make ugc to where people will interact with an asset??I have some arcade type games that i wanna release and would be cool if i could get peeps to interact instead of just having them as a scenery asset

DonSPa
06-16-2016, 11:09 PM
also i need to find out ,some ugc that i upload and play the game they load underground or partway underground and im not sure how to fix this problem.Ive tried moving the collider but that doesnt seem to be the cause

DeadlyAccurate
06-16-2016, 11:31 PM
gotta question,is there a way in unity to make ugc to where people will interact with an asset??I have some arcade type games that i wanna release and would be cool if i could get peeps to interact instead of just having them as a scenery assetI think that would require the ability to add scripts to mod objects, or some sort of API update by the devs.

DeadlyAccurate
06-16-2016, 11:35 PM
also i need to find out ,some ugc that i upload and play the game they load underground or partway underground and im not sure how to fix this problem.Ive tried moving the collider but that doesnt seem to be the causeThe first thing I'd check is to make sure the transform position is at 0,0,0.

DonSPa
06-17-2016, 01:49 AM
The first thing I'd check is to make sure the transform position is at 0,0,0.

thnx i will check that,it was driving me nuts lol

DonSPa
06-17-2016, 02:21 PM
o wait transform position or rotation because when i put all 0's for position the object diappears in unity

DeadlyAccurate
06-17-2016, 02:27 PM
o wait transform position or rotation because when i put all 0's for position the object diappears in unity

Click on the object in the Hierarchy and press "F" to focus on it. That'll show you where it is. Probably the parent is at 0,0,0 and the child object is not zeroed out.

I'm probably not explaining it very well. If you want, email me a zip file with the mesh, and I can look and see what the problem is. My email address is my username at gmail.

DonSPa
06-17-2016, 08:32 PM
AHHHH TY deadly for the help,i think i got it now

DonSPa
06-20-2016, 01:47 AM
AHHHH TY deadly for the help,i think i got it now

errr maybe not anyways heres some childrens playground stuff

5929 59305931

DeadlyAccurate
06-20-2016, 01:54 PM
Looks really nice!

Forgath
06-21-2016, 05:45 AM
That looks great DonSPa!

DonSPa
06-22-2016, 02:01 PM
That looks great DonSPa!

ty forgath,im hoping everyones enjoying and i have alot of stuff to work on

DonSPa
06-23-2016, 10:15 PM
just learned how to do animation tonite,ive uploaded an animated zombie that walks about 3-4 steps then repeats sooooooo a new world has opened up and will do some more searching lol

Forgath
06-23-2016, 11:19 PM
Zombie invasion! :D

On a side-note, I got to download blender last Tuesday, and spend a bit of time on making trees. Perhaps I get to upload one this Sunday.

DonSPa
06-24-2016, 12:58 AM
Zombie invasion! :D

On a side-note, I got to download blender last Tuesday, and spend a bit of time on making trees. Perhaps I get to upload one this Sunday.

ooo good some trees were on my list to do mostly wanting fall trees etc to add color to trees ,if ur doing those ill cross em off my list lolol im getting ready to upload a animated gun bot here in a few gotta run some tests and hopefully will work

DonSPa
06-24-2016, 02:57 AM
heres the gunbot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_eucFIJCOE&feature=youtu.be

Forgath
06-24-2016, 04:32 AM
I'd like to create fall trees. Also pine-trees are on my to do list.

However, I did read about not using to many polygons, else pc's might not be able to handle it. I don't want to crash my own, let aside someone else his / her pc. So I'm trying and learning. But it's nice to create an animated tree.

DonSPa
06-24-2016, 01:24 PM
I'd like to create fall trees. Also pine-trees are on my to do list.

However, I did read about not using to many polygons, else pc's might not be able to handle it. I don't want to crash my own, let aside someone else his / her pc. So I'm trying and learning. But it's nice to create an animated tree.

yeah i dont even know where to begin to creating my own stuff,i consider myself lucky to even have figured how to add these works lolol

Asgaurd
06-24-2016, 06:34 PM
Hi i am new to unity, but i use maya and you need to move the pivot point to the bottom of the object, i think this will apply to all 3d programs. but if the pivot is at the bottom of the object it will sit on the ground in unity correctly.

DonSPa
06-24-2016, 11:43 PM
Hi i am new to unity, but i use maya and you need to move the pivot point to the bottom of the object, i think this will apply to all 3d programs. but if the pivot is at the bottom of the object it will sit on the ground in unity correctly.

ty asgaurd,i think i finally solved it,ive been moving the clone of the model to the position i want then make sure the parents xyz positions is set to 0's after reading deadlys post i was doing it the opposite and thats what was screwing me up.The last few uploads have been correct,so at some point ill try and fix all the others

DonSPa
06-24-2016, 11:46 PM
hers a futuristic transport that flys up and turns and lands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjU6vi7bnwk

DonSPa
06-26-2016, 01:26 PM
yup got it figured out,im going thru all the models that ive uploaded and updating them to fit the terrain,thanks again guys for the help

Forgath
06-26-2016, 02:17 PM
Very nice :)