PDA

View Full Version : Where are the Rocks?!

einfachkmetsch
05-15-2016, 01:31 PM
Maybe there was an update but i can't find my favorite rocks/stones.

Are they deleted or do you know more?

Piedro82
05-16-2016, 09:36 AM
Maybe there was an update but i can't find my favorite rocks/stones.

Are they deleted or do you know more?

Deleted from Workshop

einfachkmetsch
05-16-2016, 01:24 PM
What? Why?

What is, when i've build it in one of my parc?

Forgath
05-16-2016, 03:49 PM
What you have build should still be there.
You just cant download the UGC anymore from the workshop

einfachkmetsch
05-16-2016, 04:39 PM
Okay, thanks!
Where i can find the folder of UGC?
Can someone send me the workshop files?

Piedro82
05-16-2016, 07:03 PM
Can someone send me the workshop files?

No, These are my files and im not longer into RCTW. The reason doesn't belong here. Unnecessary discussion (It is up to the game).

I dont want to share these files anymore.

Thanks and sorry.

Im sure someone create new rocks in future.

Indominus
05-17-2016, 01:03 AM
No, These are my files and im not longer into RCTW. The reason doesn't belong here. Unnecessary discussion (It is up to the game).

I dont want to share these files anymore.

Thanks and sorry.

Im sure someone create new rocks in future.

I also don't play it anymore, but thats really selfish.

gestaltermedien
05-17-2016, 01:57 AM
That's sad Piedro... loved your assets.

Piedro82
05-17-2016, 02:29 AM
I also don't play it anymore, but thats really selfish.

This is the reason why I don't want to discuss. It's my decision and this must be accepted. There's nothing more to say.

The assets are already 2 weeks offline. I only answered to einfachkmesch question.

The question is answered. Maybe it's better to close the thread

einfachkmetsch
05-17-2016, 02:50 AM
Okay, i understand your statement! I wonder that i have download it and can't used it. But other player can do it.

gestaltermedien
05-17-2016, 05:03 AM
Okay, i understand your statement! I wonder that i have download it and can't used it. But other player can do it.

I will make some stone sets, also with tunnels, but not this week! Follow my Steam Workshop (http://steamcommunity.com/id/menschmaier/myworkshopfiles/?appid=282560)and you will automatically get a notification.

SillyBilly
05-17-2016, 09:16 AM
What happens when other people who give up on this game, removes their UGC, will there be anything left to download?

gestaltermedien
05-17-2016, 11:34 AM
What happens when other people who give up on this game, removes their UGC, will there be anything left to download?

When they remove the UGC, you can't do anything. Assets that are build are saved in the scene. But the object at itself is not anymore in the content manager or ingame. You will not be able to place it again. I think that is really selfish but they have every right to delete it, because it's their creation. :(

KickAir8P
05-17-2016, 12:15 PM
When they remove the UGC, you can't do anything. Assets that are build are saved in the scene. But the object at itself is not anymore in the content manager or ingame. You will not be able to place it again. I think that is really selfish but they have every right to delete it, because it's their creation. :(

Huh, this looks like an issue with RCTW's UGC-handling system -- although creator's rights should of course be respected, there should be better consideration for the people who've used a given theme through half their parks so far only to have their work wasted when the creator yanks their stuff. That's not fun.

1CoasterFan
05-17-2016, 12:47 PM
Huh, this looks like an issue with RCTW's UGC-handling system -- although creator's rights should of course be respected, there should be better consideration for the people who've used a given theme through half their parks so far only to have their work wasted when the creator yanks their stuff. That's not fun.

They can't force people to keep their stuff on the Workshop. This is the problem with UGC.

We need more items from the developers so we don't have to worry about people removing their stuff.

KickAir8P
05-17-2016, 01:45 PM
They can't force people to keep their stuff on the Workshop. This is the problem with UGC.

We need more items from the developers so we don't have to worry about people removing their stuff.
That's not the problem with UGC -- proper handling of removed content is. Currently, if a creator removes UGC content from the site that doesn't remove it from peoples' parks, good. But it does remove it from their libraries, so if they're half-way through theming they no longer have access to something they relied on for the theme, not good. This needs to be fixed: if you've used specific content in a park then it needs to continue to be available for use in that park.

B3DDO3
05-17-2016, 02:57 PM
I think the main thing to be weary of
and I don't think it is very well thought
out. When Atari updates the game to
a new unity all ugc will probably be
broken so regardless about Piedro
taking his content offline early, soon
all content will be gone and anyone
who has stopped supporting the game
their items will disappear. You may
find soon the majority of the ugc you
are using in your parks will be gone
and maybe forever.

This is why Atari/Nvizzio need to
work on their own scenery that
doesn't disappear or come up with
some way to fix this issue.

Edit: on an old mobile so most features
aren't working is seems sorry about
weird text.

Forgath
05-18-2016, 01:58 AM

We have to respect his decision. But the part about 'you will not be able to place it again' is not correct. I am still able to place the rocks from Piedro82. If you have downloaded them to your computer, you should be able to continue to use them.

gestaltermedien
05-18-2016, 03:42 AM
We have to respect his decision. But the part about 'you will not be able to place it again' is not correct. I am still able to place the rocks from Piedro82. If you have downloaded them to your computer, you should be able to continue to use them.

Oh there are also located in the AppData directory!

JMR
05-18-2016, 06:46 AM
I am sad to see these go -- I used these rocks almost every time I played RCTW.

By putting it up on the workshop, in a way, you are asking the community to put their trust in your creation, so they can use it throughout.

I had asked you if I could feature your rockset in my streams and you gave me permission. I put my trust in that these would be available to the public for the foreseeable future. Now anyone who watches my videos where I've featured your rockset, will be unable to find them for themselves. -- It would have been best if you had let me know you were going to remove them prior, as I had put a ton of effort into featuring them.

I think that there is something to learn from this though and that is to only upload when you're confident that you won't remove it. -- It is best not to upload anything to the public for them to use, if you are going to take it down at a later date. I would argue this for absolutely anything you upload online.

Nevertheless, thank you for creating the rocks. They were really good while they lasted! :)

Theme Park Games
07-05-2016, 02:39 PM
I am sad to see these go -- I used these rocks almost every time I played RCTW.

By putting it up on the workshop, in a way, you are asking the community to put their trust in your creation, so they can use it throughout.

I had asked you if I could feature your rockset in my streams and you gave me permission. I put my trust in that these would be available to the public for the foreseeable future. Now anyone who watches my videos where I've featured your rockset, will be unable to find them for themselves. -- It would have been best if you had let me know you were going to remove them prior, as I had put a ton of effort into featuring them.

I think that there is something to learn from this though and that is to only upload when you're confident that you won't remove it. -- It is best not to upload anything to the public for them to use, if you are going to take it down at a later date. I would argue this for absolutely anything you upload online.

Nevertheless, thank you for creating the rocks. They were really good while they lasted! :) Very well said, JMR.

Beaker86
07-06-2016, 05:59 AM
Forgath has imported some rocks which are available as free assets on the Unity Store
https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?13254-Rocks

maxfreak
07-06-2016, 03:25 PM
I guess I'm the only lucky one? Since day 1 I've been plagued with a bug where RCTW will keep re downloading UGC even after I delete and disable it. Because of this his rocks keep coming back into my game. lol?

Wabigbear
07-06-2016, 03:35 PM
Same for me. I've disabled lot's of items and can't get rid of them. I still have the rocks too. What happens if I was to share my park file?

maxfreak
07-06-2016, 03:50 PM
Glad to know I'm not the only one. It's a curse. >_<

ddrplaya4638
07-06-2016, 03:54 PM
I'll have to check tonight and back to you guys and see if i'm having the same issue.