PDA

View Full Version : Help With Unity Please

thexevv
04-23-2016, 11:27 AM
When I load the RCTW plugin on unity and create a new object, only the ground texture loads. The peep used for scaling won't load at all and I can't find a peep in assets under RCTW. The very first time I used Unity with the plugin the peep loaded, but now it won't. I even created a new project from scratch on Unity and reloaded the RCTW plugin. I wanted to add more tree types to my game, but I need a peep to scale the tree where I want it since trees come in different sizes.

I followed the tutorial exactly, but there seems to be a bug in the plugin that doesn't allow the peep to load. Is there a peep 3d model that I can download that is scaled properly to bypass this issue? TIA.

S1m0nde
04-23-2016, 12:05 PM
Do you have the right unity version number?
5.2.4 is the right one

DeadlyAccurate
04-23-2016, 12:07 PM
Are you using Unity version 5.2.4?

For a scale reference, make a cube and set its scale to (0.3, 1.75, 0.3). That's the size of the peep in the scene.

thexevv
04-23-2016, 12:32 PM
Yes I'm using the right Unity version.

thexevv
04-23-2016, 12:35 PM
Are you using Unity version 5.2.4?

For a scale reference, make a cube and set its scale to (0.3, 1.75, 0.3). That's the size of the peep in the scene.

Thanks, I'll use that.

ryano9929
05-01-2016, 12:22 PM
Peep won't load for me either. Also when I go to re-edit an object, the object doesn't load in. Also are we allowed to post free models from the unity store into steam workshop?

DeadlyAccurate
05-01-2016, 12:42 PM
Peep won't load for me either. Also when I go to re-edit an object, the object doesn't load in. Also are we allowed to post free models from the unity store into steam workshop?For re-editing, check the Selected Project dropdown. It always defaults back to the first one.

As for the free models, we really need an Atari person to say yay or nay for sure, but I'd think it would be legal by Unity's license agreement. After all, if they're legal to use in a commercial game, I don't see why they wouldn't be legal to use in a free mod.

ryano9929
05-01-2016, 12:47 PM
For re-editing, check the Selected Project dropdown. It always defaults back to the first one.

As for the free models, we really need an Atari person to say yay or nay for sure, but I'd think it would be legal by Unity's license agreement. After all, if they're legal to use in a commercial game, I don't see why they wouldn't be legal to use in a free mod.

I use the drop down menu like you say, but it just gives me a blank field. Not sure why. Hopefully Atari can weigh in. I've converted a good amount into the game.