PDA

View Full Version : Are there groups of people that build UGC?

mbcdex
04-18-2016, 06:25 AM
Hi Guys,

Are there existing groups of people who do UGC, creating, texturing, ... ?
I am asking because I did some 3D-Stuff.
Problem is, that I am not a modeller, thats nothing for me.
So I am able to build some stuff, but it is on very high polycount, so it needed to get reduced, postworked and textured.
Also handling with LODs is new for me.
My free time is also very small, so I do not have time enough to do all the things that are needed to get a complete model finished. I dont know much about texturing, shaders, ...

I can do models very "fast", but the rest until finished-status is problematic.

So I am asking if there is a group which relases UGC, who would fairly take my models and prepare them for general use.

This mine-lamp is only one example, so I am not speaking of "fast-created-models" ... I want high quality stuff, so that is my base. Need some guys who love quality ...

I am willing to share my stuff, but want also learn a little bit of these "game-stuff", so I search people for a collaboration.

DeadlyAccurate
04-18-2016, 02:38 PM
Problem is, going from high-to-low polycounts can be a real pain in the butt, so finding someone willing to do the work to retopologize a high poly model for you is going to be a challenge. (If you have zbrush, you can get good results using the zremesher tool, but it's not a guarantee). And while you might not have a problem finding someone to texture your model for you (since that's fun), convincing them to also UV it might require a bit of sweet talk.

It's better to learn to work with low poly models and bake your high poly model over it. (I use Xnormal for normal map baking and bake out the rest of the maps in Substance Painter when I texture).

That's a fantastic lantern, by the way.

mbcdex
04-20-2016, 03:00 PM
Thanks for your reply.

Yeah, still running into that issue.
Model has 216000 faces, very too high for a game as I said.
Automatic downsizing is problematic, because it is triagled.
I got it automaticly down to 500000, but it is still not a "clean" mesh ...

Thats a shame ... no hybrid possibility ... dont think I will get it, damn ....