PDA

View Full Version : UGC Crashing Game?

Thruve
04-18-2016, 12:57 AM
I noticed the game crashes consistently when Building Coasters and Paths, and/or editing them, in parks where I have ALOT of UGC. Granted, many of these maps Im crashing in also have detailed Terrains. Maps without either alot of UGC and barely any modified terrain do not crash me when building coasters and/or paths.

Im curious as to whether anyone else is having the same issues with maps that have alot of UGC, and/or maps with detailed terrain. Detailed terrain as Im using the expression ----> Mountains, many rivers/lakes, atleast half the park is water, etc.

At first I figured it was just the game, my computer, etc, but after building many coasters and paths in parks without much UGC and terrain modification, Im starting to think my crashes are part due to the UGC and/or Terrain.

*Edit* I forgot to mention theres less 'lag' and 'freezing' when building coasters and paths in parks with little UGC and little terrain modification.

Beaker86
04-18-2016, 03:08 PM
It may just be the number of assets loaded. I noticed in cities skylines really slow load times which I thought was just my computer but when I deleted a lot of UGC load times and performance got a lot better