PDA

View Full Version : What's Your Favourite Coaster Games?

THouston
04-14-2016, 01:37 PM
Hi Guys!

I thought it would be interesting if everyone posted their 3 most favourite coaster games. Mine are as follows:

1. RCT3
2. Planet Coaster
3. Parkitect

What are your TOP 3?

Sawyer
04-14-2016, 02:02 PM
1# Planet Coaster
2# RCT3
3# RCT
4# RCT2
5# Thrillville: Off The Rails

THouston
04-14-2016, 02:08 PM
I forgot about Thrillville! Loved it so much, and would play for ages.

The Stig
04-14-2016, 02:18 PM
1. Rct3
2. No limits 2
3. Rct2

Hersheypark2011
04-14-2016, 02:26 PM
I might not have played as many as everyone else (only 3 I think), so here they are:

1. RCT
2. RCT2
3. SimCoaster

Indominus
04-14-2016, 02:29 PM
1. RCT2/RCT3 (can't choose)
2. Thrillville
3. Planet Coaster (this could change)

4thImpulse
04-14-2016, 02:30 PM
1. No Limits
2. RCT 3
3. RCT 1

The Stig
04-14-2016, 02:37 PM
Honorable Mention: Disney Coaster (1993)
http://www.mobygames.com/game/coaster

THouston
04-14-2016, 02:38 PM
Never seen that before! Maybe I'm too young for that stuff!

Horsti12
04-14-2016, 02:43 PM
My current favourite of the new games.
#1 OpenRCT2
#2 RCTW
#3 Planet coaster
#4 Parkitect.

Older games.
#RCT1
#RCT2
#RCT3

THouston
04-14-2016, 02:47 PM
Interesting choice with RCTW being better than Planet Coaster! I suppose if you squint your eyes, RCTW may be better!

The Stig
04-14-2016, 02:49 PM
Interesting choice with RCTW being better than Planet Coaster! I suppose if you squint your eyes, RCTW may be better!

Did you, or did you not ask for everyone's personal opinions?
There's no need for mud slinging if one differs from yours.

Horsti12
04-14-2016, 02:56 PM
Did you, or did you not ask for everyone's personal opinions?
There's no need for mud slinging if one differs from yours.

exactly. The problem on PC is currently the content. The problem on RCTW are the bugs, but I can currently make more on RCTW. (I'm not a person who build hours modular buildings in PC)

THouston
Just some light-hearted humour!

Agreed, PC takes time to create something truly stunning, but at least it's possible in PC. I've not seen one RCTW screenshot that has WOWed me yet.

Indominus
#1 OpenRCT2
#2 RCTW
#3 Planet coaster

I guess you haven't played much coaster games.

THouston
04-14-2016, 03:02 PM
I'm surprised RCT3 isn't on their list. BUT all experience is welcome!

Horsti12
04-14-2016, 03:20 PM
I guess you haven't played much coaster games.
Parkitect, PC Deluxe editon, RCTW deluxe edition, RCT1, RCT2, RCT3, RCT4M (I not like that game). Aren't those not enough? And to lead a wiki about the complete RCT series.

THouston
04-14-2016, 03:24 PM
Parkitect, PC Deluxe editon, RCTW deluxe edition, RCT1, RCT2, RCT3, RCT4M (I not like that game). Aren't those not enough? And to lead a wiki about the complete RCT series.

I Think Indomonus meant that it's surprising that you included RCTW, and presumed you didn't play other coaster games because he or she believes that other games are better, such as RCT3 or Thrillville or No Limits or Parkitect or RCT1

NickNem
04-14-2016, 03:34 PM
I exclude PC, RCTW and Parkitect because none of them are finished for now.

My Top 3:

1. Rollercoaster Tycoon
2. Rollercoaster Tycoon 3
3. Theme Park World

I haven't played RCT2 much (I didn't like the scenarios) and it was more an addon to rct than a "real" successor...My opinion.

Tricky
04-14-2016, 03:50 PM
EA's I like best:

1 Planet Coaster
2 Parkitect
3 RCTW
4 Themepark Studio

Complete games I've played in order I like them most

1 RCT3
2 RCT2/Theme Park world (can't choose)
3 RCT1
4 Thrillville + off the rails
5 Adventure Park
6 RCT4m (even the new Disney Themepark app looks like more fun than this)

Horsti12
04-14-2016, 03:57 PM
I Think Indomonus meant that it's surprising that you included RCTW, and presumed you didn't play other coaster games because he or she believes that other games are better, such as RCT3 or Thrillville or No Limits or Parkitect or RCT1
I should say next time that those are the game which I currently really like. OpenRCT2 have almost all the features of RCT1.
I now changed my list.

Mossyboy88
04-14-2016, 05:13 PM
1.RCT2
2.RCT1
3.RCT3

Haven't included RCTW or Planet Coaster as they are both not finished.

RCT3 is third as haven't really played any other theme park games, but didn't really like the 3D look of the game back when it was out but it did have a great amount of content with the expansion packs which I liked.

Ptitof75
04-14-2016, 05:45 PM
1) Open RCT2
1,5) RCT3
3) RCT

For Early Access :
1) PC
2) Parkitect
Very lower) RCTW

THouston
04-15-2016, 12:03 PM
For Early Access :
1) PC
2) Parkitect
Very lower) RCTW

I completely agree with you for that one! RCTW is a shocker in its current state, an absolute shocker... And that's it in early access, but let's face it, it's the full game, even the CEO said "we've recieved several negative reactions from the launch", the game has launched and it's worse than those in early access. DISGRACEFUL

THouston
04-15-2016, 12:09 PM
Who has moved his thread without commenting?!?!?!
No one can now access this thread in the same way, I think someone is abusing there power!
Who even goes on "community chat"?
How is this not General Discussion?
I think someone is embarrassed with the low scores!

The Stig
04-15-2016, 03:41 PM
Who has moved his thread without commenting?!?!?!
No one can now access this thread in the same way, I think someone is abusing there power!
Who even goes on "community chat"?
How is this not General Discussion?
I think someone is embarrassed with the low scores!

Because it doesn't qualify as RCTW discussion. No need to get upset.

Personally, I prefer RCTW at the moment but didn't include it because neither game is finished.

THouston
04-15-2016, 04:14 PM
This Doesn't Qualify for RCTW discussion?

I'm not talking about what I am eating for lunch!

I'm not talking about my pet fish's funeral! (RIP Fry)

Look, if this isn't RCTW discussion, what is? Does it have to have RCTW mentioned in every post? If so they should have made the game better so users put RCTW in their top 3.

How is comparing RCTW to other roller coaster games not RCTW discussion?

Over and Out.

THouston
04-15-2016, 04:18 PM
Hi Guys!

So my thread comparing RCTW to other coaster games was considered not to be "RCTW DISCUSSION". I'd be interested to know what your favourite coaster games are, please follow this link:

https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?11718-What-s-Your-Favourite-Coaster-Games

Or if you regularly go on the Community Chat page, you can go to that forum directly, but I don't even know how to access that! Who even goes there anyway? It's like they are bury opinions down the sofa.

The Stig
04-15-2016, 04:25 PM
Hi Guys!

So my thread comparing RCTW to other coaster games was considered not to be "RCTW DISCUSSION". I'd be interested to know what your favourite coaster games are, please follow this link:

https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?11718-What-s-Your-Favourite-Coaster-Games

Or if you regularly go on the Community Chat page, you can go to that forum directly, but I don't even know how to access that! Who even goes there anyway? It's like they are bury opinions down the sofa.

So you made another one in the wrong place again?

Look dude. This wasn't a result of the mods being evil. This was the mods doing their job.

THouston
04-15-2016, 04:34 PM
I'm Posting a link on our (The Fans) community page. Im not being funny but it is DIRECTLY talking about RCTW, and the other RCT games.

Whoever moved it obviously was embarrassed that is RCT fans didn't score RCTW highly, I think all fans have the right to have there thread posted where they posted it! I posted it here, as this is where it is most relevant.

The Stig
04-15-2016, 04:40 PM
I'm Posting a link on our (The Fans) community page. Im not being funny but it is DIRECTLY talking about RCTW, and the other RCT games.

Whoever moved it obviously was embarrassed that is RCT fans didn't score RCTW highly, I think all fans have the right to have there thread posted where they posted it! I posted it here, as this is where it is most relevant.

You should've called it "what's your favorite RCT?" If that was the case.
And even still... it would've gone in community chat.
Please don't spam the forums. It creates clutter.

Edit: and stop blaming the mods for doing their job.

THouston
04-15-2016, 04:47 PM
What is your obsession with renaming forums. It creates clutter.
Just leave what people have posted, and let them communicate with other fans.

The Stig
04-15-2016, 04:52 PM
What is your obsession with renaming forums. It creates clutter.
Just leave what people have posted, and let them communicate with other fans.

Uh... I don't have the authority to rename anything.

THouston
04-15-2016, 04:55 PM
Okay... You still do it.
You created a new thread for someone's post as you preferred "I Can't Wait For..." As a title.
Now your criticising my title? Why don't just leave forums alone and, as I said earlier, let fans talk to other fans.

The Stig
04-15-2016, 04:59 PM
Okay... You still do it.
You created a new thread for someone's post as you preferred "I Can't Wait For..." As a title.
Now your criticising my title? Why don't just leave forums alone and, as I said earlier, let fans talk to other fans.

Dude. Look....
I can understand that you're upset that your thread got moved.
But are you really going to turn "my thread was moved because..." into another RCTW vs PC debate? Really?

Edit: And my thread from yesterday was merged into the original thread. As it should've been. I didn't go create another one screaming "injustice" either.

ddrplaya4638
04-15-2016, 04:59 PM

To be clear that thread (and this one too) was talking about your favorite coaster game, not just RCT. It was moved into community chat so it could be talked about freely. Regardless of weather you find RCT to be your favorite, Planet Coaster, Parkitecht, or any one of the numerous other amazing theme park sims discussions like that belong in the community chat section.

If anyone ever has any issues about threads being moved or any questions please contact one of us mods and we will be happy to chat about anything :D

The Stig
04-15-2016, 05:02 PM
My favorite is RCTW.

THouston
04-15-2016, 05:11 PM
I think mods should leave threads where they were posted. I obviously posted it on General Discussion as it is the only place people go.
The Best thing Mods can do is leave all threads and posts be, unless they violate any rules.

As for the PC vs RCTW debate, how am I starting that. I'm saying no one bothers to read Community Chat. I'm also asking what other people's fav coaster games are. Why does every slight criticism have to be an RCTW Vs PC debate. Maybe some of us just want to talk about our fav games?

THouston
04-15-2016, 05:12 PM
My favorite is RCTW.

Good for you. This Forum states for your TOP 3! No Fanboying here please. If you are going to do that please go elsewhere

The Stig
04-15-2016, 05:19 PM
Why does every slight criticism have to be an RCTW Vs PC debate?

We're not the ones doing it! You are!

PC takes time to create something truly stunning, but at least it's possible in PC. I've not seen one RCTW screenshot that has WOWed me yet.

RCTW is a shocker in its current state, an absolute shocker... And that's it in early access, but let's face it, it's the full game, even the CEO said "we've recieved several negative reactions from the launch", the game has launched and it's worse than those in early access. DISGRACEFUL

You're basically asking for people's favorite coaster games and then farting at anyone who mentions RCTW.
And you wonder why people lost interest in your thread?

THouston
04-15-2016, 05:27 PM
If you genuinely believe PC is worse, as of right now, you ARE deluded.

In the first quote, I'm simply comparing the poor graphics in RCTW to PC. NO DEBATE THERE. We can all agree on this.

In Quote Two, I'm simply saying I haven't been impressed by RCTW.

In Quote Three, I was pointing out that RCTW has been launched, and that early access is just a title to "soften the blow"

My comments are not starting a debate, but giving my opinion as to the current RCTW game, and comparing it to other games available. Which was the whole point of the thread, were we are discussing Favourite games.

The Stig
04-15-2016, 05:30 PM
If I ranked the 3 that were still in EA:

1. RCTW
2. PC
3. Parkitect

Mind you, this may change. But as of this posting, I play RCTW 10 times more than PC. Now I'm not going to say PC's coaster editor is unplayable. And I'm not going to say that RCTW is a perfect game. But if I factor in what each game offers as of right now, I personally believe that there is far more to play with in RCTW. And since both are unfinished, it would be unfair to say PC is only going to have two coasters, a restrictive editor, two shops, two path styles, no UGC, and -what, like 5 flat rides? Because I know that's only going off of what we have right now...... Which is why I'm basing my opinion on both games as they stand right now. And that happens to put RCTW ahead in my book.

THouston
04-15-2016, 05:33 PM
I prefer unsaturated, vibrant, unique, diverse and fufilling games such as PC.
But I understand that you don't like to spend time creating something that looks nice, which may be why you like the Concrete themes.

The Stig
04-15-2016, 06:08 PM
But I understand that you don't like to spend time creating something that looks nice, which may be why you like the Concrete themes.

Well that's not true. I've created plenty of things in RCTW that I think look quite nice.
Personally, I'm not a big fan of spending a lot of time building a burger stand to make it look like more than a colored box. I've seen some Planet Coaster creations that look really good, trust me. I'm just saying that I have no interest in a game that is only offering modular building as a primary focus. I'd rather spend that time on perfecting a coaster.

Tricky
04-15-2016, 06:36 PM
If you genuinely believe PC is worse, as of right now, you ARE deluded.

In the first quote, I'm simply comparing the poor graphics in RCTW to PC. NO DEBATE THERE. We can all agree on this.

In Quote Two, I'm simply saying I haven't been impressed by RCTW.

In Quote Three, I was pointing out that RCTW has been launched, and that early access is just a title to "soften the blow"

My comments are not starting a debate, but giving my opinion as to the current RCTW game, and comparing it to other games available. Which was the whole point of the thread, were we are discussing Favourite games.

I get your point about the community chat not being visited as much as the general discussion. Stig has a point when it comes to opinions about the game though. I personally think PC is better as well, but when I see what Stig is able to create in RCTW it's clear he enjoys it. Where I only see the limitations of RCTW, he clearly sees ways to make it look nice so it's more challenging at the moment than PC for him. It's 2 different games and it just depends on what you're looking for

Hersheypark2011
04-15-2016, 07:23 PM

What do you mean by vibrant, yet unsaturated? Those terms are very similar, as vibrant is bright/sticks out, and saturated means to boost a color making it brighter/more vibrant. Just curious. I do agree RCTW took it a little too far when they boosted the saturation, but it doesn't ruin it for me.

Hersheypark2011
04-15-2016, 07:25 PM
Well that's not true. I've created plenty of things in RCTW that I think look quite nice.
Personally, I'm not a big fan of spending a lot of time building a burger stand to make it look like more than a colored box. I've seen some Planet Coaster creations that look really good, trust me. I'm just saying that I have no interest in a game that is only offering modular building as a primary focus. I'd rather spend that time on perfecting a coaster.

I agree. I love being able to totally customize a park down the the smallest detail and make a work of beauty. Yet for me designing and building the coasters is the most important (and fun) aspect.

The Stig
04-15-2016, 07:27 PM
I prefer RCTW's coaster editor. But I like Planet Coaster's supports and models more.

B3DDO3
04-15-2016, 07:46 PM
Just my 2c on the topic, I will agree that some threads that get moved to community chat confuse me and seem to just be there to get them out of sight.

I am not going to have a go at any of the mods here but in my eyes "Discuss anything related to RollerCoaster Tycoon World that doesn't fit in another sub-forum here!" is the description of this forum so anything related to RCT should be here, now your favourite coaster game I understand should be in community chat in my eyes. However RCTW vs PC should not, it belongs here it is related to RCTW.

"This is a place to talk about all things not related to specific RollerCoaster Tycoon games" is the description of community chat yet its full of things relating to RCTW.

Example, My experience of RCTW is in community chat... haha it belongs in discussion forum.

The Stig
04-16-2016, 11:23 AM
Now the thing I love about UGC is that you can have content like the Tardis, or the jeep from Jurassic Park, or Cinderella's castle from Disneyland, things that the devs at Nvizzio otherwise wouldn't have been able to produce because of copyrights.

Millennium_Force
04-16-2016, 12:26 PM
I would like to point out that RCTW is the only game in EA. PC and Parkitect are Alphas which by definition are much farther behind in production than an EA game. But don't let me spoil the fun.

The Stig
04-16-2016, 02:16 PM
I would like to point out that RCTW is the only game in EA. PC and Parkitect are Alphas which by definition are much farther behind in production than an EA game. But don't let me spoil the fun.

I understand. In fact, I wouldn't really recommend any of these games to anybody. Not in their current states.
You gotta know what you're buying. And I'm happy that I was able to contribute to all 3. It's an exciting time for the genre.

Kombiice
04-17-2016, 04:48 PM
Not in order, just the coaster games i remember to be played by me and that i enjoyed! :)

- RCT 1
- RCT 2
- RCT 3
- RCT World
- PC
- No limits 1/2
- Theme Park
- Parkitect
- Theme Park Studio
- Thrillville
- Some more maybe

1CoasterFan
04-23-2016, 07:46 PM
1. RCT3
2. PC
3. RCTW
4. Parkitect

Airboss
04-24-2016, 03:13 PM
Parkitect
Nolimits 2
RCTW
Theme Park Studio
RCT3
Planet Coaster

magicart87
04-25-2016, 10:04 PM
Fav = RCT2

RCT3
No Limits
RCTW
Parkitect
Planet Coaster
Themepark Studio

SillyBilly
04-26-2016, 09:57 AM
RCT2
RCT3
PC
Parkitect

RCTW ????????

JMR
04-26-2016, 11:41 AM
1) RollerCoaster Tycoon World, Planet Coaster. (Tied, a lot of things missing from each currently, can't decide)
2) RollerCoaster Tycoon 3
3) RollerCoaster Tycoon 2
3) RollerCoaster Tycoon
4) No Limits 2
5) Theme Park World (PS2)
6) Roller Coaster World - (PS2)
7) Thrillville: Off the rails

I have yet to try out Parkitect. It looks like it is turning out to be an awesome game, step by step. Will be buying it soon.

https://i.imgflip.com/134znl.jpg
https://i.imgflip.com/135073.jpg

"By Definition" --->

Early access, alphafunding, or paid-alpha is a funding model in the video game industry by which consumers can pay for a game in the early stages of development and obtain access to playable but unfinished versions of the game, while the developer is able to use those funds to continue work on the game.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_access

The Stig
04-26-2016, 01:27 PM
Aww. I was relying on those comments for laughs. Now it wont be as fun if they know they're wrong.

AstroTron
04-26-2016, 01:36 PM
My favorites

1. RCT2open
2. RCT3
3. RCTW
4. Parkitect can't wait to play it too.

Airboss
04-29-2016, 08:24 AM
Aww. I was relying on those comments for laughs. Now it wont be as fun if they know they're wrong.
Same... No more laughs for us anymore, lol