PDA

View Full Version : Currently working on Glass House Collection

deathtome
04-08-2016, 12:16 AM
Currently testing some UGC for RollerCoasterTycoon World.

Presenting the Glass House Collection!!!!

http://i.imgur.com/9hXfXo6.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/5Rv7anM.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Zgwdyaj.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/oMI9SNo.jpg

Should have some of the collection uploaded later tonight, Currently doing some final tweaks on scale and placement so that it will work the best it can with the current grid snapping system.

Current Default color is Aluminium Frame with Normal Looking Glass

I'm Currently Looking for feed Back about my UGC. Please Cast a vote on what Color Schemes you would like.

Pick Between These Color Schemes

1. Black Frame with Green Glass
2. Black Frame with Smoked Glass
3. Aluminium Frame with Blood Red Glass
4. Green Metal Frame with Normal Looking glass
5. Black Frame with Normal Looking Glass

Link for Voting

http://goo.gl/9smq4i

Link For Viewing Results

http://goo.gl/DeXfbB

Thruve
04-08-2016, 12:28 AM
Ok, thats pretty awesome lol

deathtome
04-08-2016, 03:35 AM
Ok, thats pretty awesome lol

Thank you very much.

Just a little update, I got walls working with grid snapping. So know you can place a nice row using the snap grid tool and have no worries. Work even when Rotating 90 degree, Get perfect cubes every time. Well as long as you use snap to grid tool......

Preview Image

================================================== ==============================
Second Update
================================================== ==============================

Small Glass Door - Now Works perfectly with snapping tool.

Flat Glass Roof - Now Works perfectly with snapping tool.

Flat Glass Roof - Has not been changed to support the 5 window design. Will be done with next update.

Glass Wall - The Glass Wall is now made up of 5 windows, instead of the 4. I did this to work better with the grid.

Preview Image

More Pieces Coming Soon!

Third Update

Flat Glass Roof - Has been changed to support the 5 window design.

Glass Wall - Posted to steam WorkShop

Flat Glass Roof - Posted to steam WorkShop

Small Glass Door - Posted to steam WorkShop

Glass Wall - Known Bug that some of the Materials on the Glass Wall are not right. Will be fixed next update.

More Pieces Very Soon Coming Soon!

S1m0nde
04-08-2016, 08:31 AM
Very, very cool!

Could you add some pieces with an angle so that we can make a slant roof? Would be very helpful..

deathtome
04-08-2016, 08:35 AM
Very, very cool!

Thank you very much. Did you make sure to cast your vote for the poll on what Color Scheme you'd prefer?

Feed back is very helpful.

S1m0nde
04-08-2016, 08:39 AM
I edited my post. Please take a look. Is there a poll on steam or do you want us to write our preferences here in a post?

PS: I really like the standard alu look and I also like the green and the black
frame. And I think that a blue glass with reflection would look amazing.. Like what you see on many sunglasses.

deathtome
04-08-2016, 08:58 AM
Very, very cool!

Could you add some pieces with an angle so that we can make a slant roof? Would be very helpful..

Is there a poll on steam or do you want us to write our preferences here in a post?

I should have more Roof Pieces uploaded soon at the latest tomorrow. I have been up for that last 15 hours..... Time for a nap.

Here is a link to cast your Vote; http://goo.gl/9smq4i

I would cast the vote for you but I cant.

==============================
RoadMap for Green House Collection

2 more styles for flat walls

Half-walls to match said styles

1 Straight Flower Planter wall (very short)

Curved Corner Pieces to match said styles (so that you make nice round rooms/planters

1 Curved Flower Planter wall (very short)

at least 2 Slanted roofs ( one /\ and one /| which you'll be able to rotate to make bigger slanted roofs with)

Medium sized doors for medium pathways

Large sized doors for Large pathways

2 Curved Roofs

1 Curved Roof Corner

Diagonal Pieces to match said styles

2 Diagonal roof corners

*Update to Theme Pieces List*

Single Window Wall Pieces to match said styles (To add more control of Building)

Double Window Wall Pieces to match said styles (To add more control of Building)

Triple Window Wall Pieces to match said styles (To add more control of Building)

Single Window Roof Pieces to match said styles (To add more control of Building)

Double Window Roof Pieces to match said styles (To add more control of Building)

Triple Window Roof Pieces to match said styles (To add more control of Building)

As time goes on I may or may not add more styles and pieces.(Edit) Already adding to the list :D

S1m0nde
04-08-2016, 09:22 AM
Enjoy your sleep! Great work.

Zerael
04-08-2016, 11:23 AM
Amazing !

White Frame with Normal Looking Glass please

like this
http://sims4updates.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/5319.jpg

Thruve
04-08-2016, 02:14 PM
I voted for the Smoked Glass, but either the smoke glass or the normal looking glass have my appeal.

deathtome
04-08-2016, 08:41 PM
Teaser Time!!!!!

I plan to Upload more in a few hours. But I would like to have a few more options added to the collection for roofs before I upload them.

Single Window Wall Piece - Done

Half-Wall - Done

Straight Piece Flower Planter Wall - Done

Added another Door option for those hard to get around paths.

Note: These Pieces should be uploaded with in 5 hours or so.

Friendly Reminder:
If you want to help, I am currently looking for feed back about what color schemes are highest in demand. Cast your vote here - http://goo.gl/9smq4i The poll will be going till I finish the Theme, After which I will pick the top 3 winners and re-color the set to match the winners.

S1m0nde
04-08-2016, 09:33 PM
Very nice! I'll download and try the new pieces tomorrow. Could you create a roof piece without the surrounding so that we can build roof Puszta that look like a balcony? Would be awesome!

magicart87
04-08-2016, 10:31 PM
Those look Great!

deathtome
04-09-2016, 01:33 AM
Very nice! I'll download and try the new pieces tomorrow. Could you create a roof piece without the surrounding so that we can build roof Puszta that look like a balcony? Would be awesome!

That is a very good Idea. I had planed to do that tonight but sadly family came over and want to use PC. So now I'm behind all on tonight's launch of more UGC. But thats okay because I got all night to do it now woot woot. Shame I cant steam :(

deathtome
04-09-2016, 01:36 AM
Those look Great!

Thank you very much, working on more right now. I have four new pieces done, I want to do seven more pieces before uploading to workshop again. All seven will be roof pieces.

Inge Jones
04-09-2016, 04:06 AM
Amazing !

White Frame with Normal Looking Glass please

like this
http://sims4updates.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/5319.jpg

I think that might be alumuminium frame rather than white. If so, I second that.

Thruve
04-09-2016, 11:14 AM
Im getting aggravated with always having to keep every wall that I place, despite the CS Set, at intervals of 15 degrees lol. 15-30-45-60 etc
If I dont the walls dont match up.

deathtome
04-09-2016, 11:55 AM
Update 4

I have added 15 new pieces to the Glass House Collection.

Door Added:

GlassWallSmalldoor2

Roof Pieces Added:

GlassRoofTrueFlat

GlassTrueFlatRoofFullFill

GlassTrueFlatRoof5WindowFill

GlassTrueFlatRoof10WindowFill

GlassTrueFlatRoof15WindowFill

GlassFlatRoofOpenEnd5Window

GlassFlatRoofOpenEnd10Window

GlassFlatRoofEnd5WindowFill

GlassFlatRoofOpenEnd15Window

GlassFlatRoofRightCorner5WindowFill

GlassFlatRoofLeftCorner5WindowFill

Wall Pieces Added:

GlassFlowerPlanterWall

GlassWallFence

GlassSingleWindowDC

Note: Please let me know if you find and bugs. More to come tomorrow, but now it is nap time again.

deathtome
04-09-2016, 12:03 PM
Im getting aggravated with always having to keep every wall that I place, despite the CS Set, at intervals of 15 degrees lol. 15-30-45-60 etc
If I dont the walls dont match up.

Thank you very much for letting me know about that. The walls I have made so far are not designed for using diagonaly. I do have plans to make some diagonal pieces tho.

S1m0nde
04-09-2016, 06:11 PM
I really enjoy the new pieces.
The one thing that could be improved are the doors. At the moment no path fits through it. The only option is to leave it out. Maybe you can make a double width door with enough height and some design (bow or normal door design but double width... or both!!) so that we can build ways through it.

I love the glasshouse collection! Great work.

Thruve
04-09-2016, 09:53 PM
Thank you very much for letting me know about that. The walls I have made so far are not designed for using diagonaly. I do have plans to make some diagonal pieces tho.

Oh, I didn't realize that was because we needed diagonal pieces lol.
Im Good, were good haha, Ive made my CS despite the diagonal angle dilema.

deathtome
04-09-2016, 10:20 PM
I really enjoy the new pieces.
The one thing that could be improved are the doors. At the moment no path fits through it. The only option is to leave it out. Maybe you can make a double width door with enough height and some design (bow or normal door design but double width... or both!!) so that we can build ways through it.

I love the glasshouse collection! Great work.

Here this should help some.

I plan on making more doors and more window walls to give the players more options.

Thanks for all the Feed back you all are giving me, it really helps and all the Positive comments really pushing me to keeping at it.

deathtome
04-09-2016, 10:26 PM
Oh, I didn't realize that was because we needed diagonal pieces lol.
Im Good, were good haha, Ive made my CS despite the diagonal angle dilema.

I'm sure with more tweaking of the walls you might get them to work but right now I'm just worrying about getting enough pieces out so that everyone has good options. Would love to see what people have made with it so far.

Should have Diagonal pieces done in a day or two.

Tomorrow I plan on adding some wall extra's and some roof extras to finish off the basic set. Then move in to diagonal pieces and Curved pieces. After that more roof options and more stylized walls and doors.

S1m0nde
04-10-2016, 08:01 AM
Here this should help some.

I plan on making more doors and more window walls to give the players more options.

Thanks for all the Feed back you all are giving me, it really helps and all the Positive comments really pushing me to keeping at it.

Great! That helps. I didn´t know that you have to build the path first and have to place the door afterwards.

deathtome
04-10-2016, 06:01 PM
Ya I think it has to do with the collision box. Cant remove the collision box the other wise you cant delete it :D

deathtome
04-13-2016, 08:51 AM
Sorry for being late with more pieces.The new pieces are now live and ready to be used. Mostly just odd ball pieces but overall I added 17 more pieces, making the current total 35 pieces. More Coming soon.

CommunityAdmin
04-13-2016, 05:35 PM
Awesome! One of the things we are looking at is a better way to organize content in the game. We have some designs and are just in the process of figuring out how quickly we can do it. The goal is to make it super easy for you to put all your stuff in one place and organize it.

deathtome
04-13-2016, 05:43 PM
Awesome! One of the things we are looking at is a better way to organize content in the game. We have some designs and are just in the process of figuring out how quickly we can do it. The goal is to make it super easy for you to put all your stuff in one place and organize it.

Could you guys Make the UGC Browser bigger it gets old only being able to see/enable/disable one ugc at at time because the menu box is so small.

Im talking about the one on the main menu.

gestaltermedien
04-19-2016, 04:58 AM
Hey deathtome,

nice UGC what you've created. Could you please tell me, how you created the transparent glass material in Unity? I exported it in the .fbx file from Cinema, and it's just grey.

Thank you

J.

deathtome
04-19-2016, 08:59 AM
Hey deathtome,

nice UGC what you've created. Could you please tell me, how you created the transparent glass material in Unity? I exported it in the .fbx file from Cinema, and it's just grey.

Thank you

J.

watch this video here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fD_ho_ofY6A

gestaltermedien
04-20-2016, 12:46 PM
Wow such a great idea, is it from you? Oh really? Never seen in RCT 3 before? Huh?

deathtome
04-20-2016, 01:03 PM
Wow such a great idea, is it from you? Oh really? Never seen in RCT 3 before? Huh?

Thanks. It is a great theme from RCT2. No I didn't see it in RCT3, as I really disliked it.

deathtome
04-28-2016, 01:36 AM
Big Update today!!! (Part 1)

Today's update includes 11 new pieces. This update also includes New Icons for all the pieces in the collection.

Steam collection link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=661355808

Half Tube
Slanted Roof
Half Tube End Filler
Half Tube Wall Filler
Slanted Roof End Filler

deathtome
04-28-2016, 01:41 AM
Big Update today!!!! (PART2)

Slanted Roof Wall Filler
Large Door Type 1
Large Door Type 2
Medium Door Type 1
Medium Door Type 2

deathtome
04-28-2016, 01:42 AM
Big Update today!!!!! (Part3)

Rafter Support

That is all for this update, keep a eye out for future updates. I hope you all enjoy the new pieces and icons. Thanks for the support and have fun.

SanderA
04-28-2016, 04:55 AM
Looks really nice! I have been using your glass parts for a couple of days now. I am just playing with it to create something nice. Looking forward to other UGC as I am not good in designing.

S1m0nde
04-28-2016, 05:19 AM
Very nice! I will get them right now!

deathtome
04-28-2016, 07:21 PM
Very nice! I will get them right now!

thanks S1m0nde

deathtome
04-28-2016, 07:22 PM
Looks really nice! I have been using your glass parts for a couple of days now. I am just playing with it to create something nice. Looking forward to other UGC as I am not good in designing.

thanks SanderA would love to see some screen shots

SanderA
04-29-2016, 03:45 AM
Here is just a small screenshot. In the meantime the building got bigger. Will send an updated screenshot tonight or tomorrow.

I am not suuuper creative but it is a nice start.

Also built a castle already, but that is just from stone :)

deathtome
05-02-2016, 11:23 PM
Just a little teaser of some pieces I'm working on.

gestaltermedien
05-03-2016, 10:38 AM
Just a little teaser of some pieces I'm working on.

Nice deathtome! You also could make stairs :)

I have an another question for you because i think you have also a lot of assets. Do you have a limitation (a red 1 in the content manager navigation = it means you just have one page), for your UGC's? I just can see 50 UGC's and than nothing more. It's the last items in the alphabet, like the windmill, which disappears in the list, when i have more than 50 active?

deathtome
05-03-2016, 06:30 PM
Nice deathtome! You also could make stairs :)

I have an another question for you because i think you have also a lot of assets. Do you have a limitation (a red 1 in the content manager navigation = it means you just have one page), for your UGC's? I just can see 50 UGC's and than nothing more. It's the last items in the alphabet, like the windmill, which disappears in the list, when i have more than 50 active?

I don't know if I have a red one or not, I currently have over 60 pieces of UGC in my game and have been adding more to it in the last few days. Not tho that all the UGC that I currently have are all pieces that I have made.

I dont know if i am going to make stairs but I do plan to make a safety ladder with a cage around it. My staff has to have some way to clean all those windows. :D

Update: Here is a teaser for the ladder

Forgath
05-06-2016, 03:45 AM
Thank you for the glass pieces :)
I have ideas about adding greenhouses near the castle, so this will fit perfectly!

deathtome
05-06-2016, 04:14 AM
Thank you for the glass pieces :)
I have ideas about adding greenhouses near the castle, so this will fit perfectly!

Thank you, I would love to see some screenshots. I normally try to put out new items every other week. Sometimes I meet that deadline sometimes I don't.

Currently working on a ladder, cat walk pieces, as well as railing pieces. I do plan to make more options for roofs just kinda got side tracked with some extra assets for the collection.

deathtome
05-10-2016, 01:56 PM
Here is a little teaser,

https://youtu.be/cXS_gNch3vs

Hope you enjoy.

gestaltermedien
05-10-2016, 04:53 PM
Here is a little teaser,

https://youtu.be/cXS_gNch3vs

Hope you enjoy.

Nice preview deathtome :), maybe you could make a snippet with all assets?

deathtome
05-10-2016, 10:14 PM
Nice preview deathtome :), maybe you could make a snippet with all assets?

You mean like a short little video showing off the current pieces?

gestaltermedien
05-11-2016, 02:46 AM
You mean like a short little video showing off the current pieces?

Yeah, but not like an animated image. I would build the pieces in the video and write something or talk about the benefits of your theme :). Because i think something between 10-20 seconds is too short to see the beauty! Show the community in which way you recommend to build the pieces together and which assets from others or from RCTW would look good with it. Give them some options.I will publish one for the Steam Workshop too. Maybe you are not finished with it by the release. Than you can see what i mean.

J.