PDA

View Full Version : How do you import ugc in game?

JHouston
04-02-2016, 09:16 AM
I have subscribed to sooo much awesome UGC but I can't work out how to get it in game! I have clicked on content manager and the my local content is empty! The my community has everything in the store and things I haven't subscribed to... Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I'd be so thankful for replying

Piedro82
04-02-2016, 09:39 AM
I have subscribed to sooo much awesome UGC but I can't work out how to get it in game! I have clicked on content manager and the my local content is empty! The my community has everything in the store and things I haven't subscribed to... Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I'd be so thankful for replying

Downloaded content is not a local content, its in CommunityContent ...

shirty
04-02-2016, 10:07 AM
local content is content you have created yourself via Unity and the plugin, community content is the content on steam workshop.
press enable of community content and it should download, a number of people are finding that community content download stalls at around 40% and from what i have found out so far all the people with this 40% download stall problem have got RCTW installed to a different drive than steam is, in other words not in the default library.
if your downloads from content manager do stall at 40% try uninstalling rctw and installing it to default library, this might help. if you are comfortable uninstalling steam that might help to have a fresh start but I dont know that might mess with other installed games so might not be a fun thing for many users might be best to just hang on till they get to the bottom of why nondefault directory installs dont add ugc properly