PDA

View Full Version : RCTW - Early Access Dev Blog #3 - Tips and Tricks!

CommunityAdmin
04-01-2016, 06:12 PM
Hello Tycoons,

First and foremost, thank you for being so active in our forums. We would like to give you some insight and visibility on features that could help you build your park!

Park Area - You can expand your park!

We have noticed some of you could not find our park expansion feature and feel like the park is too small… Let us reassure you, you can expand it and enjoy having a larger park!

Here is how you can expand your park (see reference below):

Click on the 'Modify Terrain' Button http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/blog3-image1.jpg
Click on the 'Park Expansion' Buttonhttp://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/blog3-image2.jpg
Click on the desired tiles to unlock a new area of your parkhttp://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/blog3-image3.jpg

Don’t forget to be mindful of your wallet, unless you are playing with 'Unlimited' money in our Sandbox mode!

Grid - Yes, you can make straight paths!

Players are asking how to create straight paths; the best way is to use our Grid System! The grid will appear on your terrain once you activate the button on the main HUD or press the ‘’G’’ key on your keyboard.

http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/blog3-image4.jpg

There is currently a path edge cases that creates difficulties when items are connected to the very end of a path. This is being worked on. We will make sure to keep you updated on the improvements, so you won’t have as much invalid locations.

Simulation - Staff questions

On the Staff side, many of you have noticed we now have staff buildings! This means you are now managing groups of employees from buildings that can hold a maximum of 3 or 10 employees. Each employee you hire at a building increases the running cost, but each building also has its own upkeep. Employees are expensive, so be careful not to hire more than you need!

Janitors will clean messes off your paths, it's true, but they're much more efficient at emptying trash cans and cleaning bathrooms.
Mechanics will inspect and repair your rides.
Entertainers will prevent peeps from losing patience in queues, and keep them waiting in line for longer.
Medics will attend to peeps who've been injured in ride accidents, or who have been too hungry, thirsty, or nauseous for too long. Remember, they can only work on peeps who are sitting down, so be sure to build enough benches!

All of our employees have energy that they spend to work, and they need to rest and recover after spending it all - so if you see them heading back to their building, they're probably just taking a staff break.

In Early Access, we will continue balancing and improving those systems. Please continue sharing your thoughts and feedback. We improve and balance the simulation frequently.

We've heard your comments on Staff as well! In future updates, we are considering adding the following options:

"Focus Areas", RCTW's version of Patrol Paths - set a spot for each employee to focus on, and they'll make certain that region is clean first before heading elsewhere.
An Administrative Building, which would allow you to implement Employee Training programs to improve their efficiency.
Employee Break Rooms, where your employees can rest without going all the way back to their building.
We are also investigating ways to better show you what areas your staff are and are not covering well.

On an end note, we are still working very hard on everything mentioned yesterday and on the next week update.

Keep on sharing your feedback, and keep submitting to us your awesome parks!

Airboss
04-01-2016, 07:14 PM
Im loving the consistency of the updates! I hope we will be getting one a day!

4thImpulse
04-01-2016, 07:47 PM
We've heard your comments on Staff as well! In future updates, we are considering adding the following options:

"Focus Areas", RCTW's version of Patrol Paths - set a spot for each employee to focus on, and they'll make certain that region is clean first before heading elsewhere.
An Administrative Building, which would allow you to implement Employee Training programs to improve their efficiency.
Employee Break Rooms, where your employees can rest without going all the way back to their building.
We are also investigating ways to better show you what areas your staff are and are not covering well.

Those all sound great so I hope you are doing more than "considering" adding these. Just do it!

dwwilkin
04-01-2016, 07:51 PM
I think it is great we see one of these a day, every day, and hope you can keep this momentum going for a while. I think it is a very big positive from Nvizzio for support!

Jon1111
04-01-2016, 08:22 PM
The updates sound great and really positive. But talk is cheap, lets see if it actually gets delivered. Something I would be most happy to see.

tjc6901
04-01-2016, 10:10 PM
Janitors will clean messes off your paths, it's true, but they're much more efficient at emptying trash cans and cleaning bathrooms.

So you need to make them more efficient at cleaning up the messes on the paths too. It's a vomit nightmare out there.
Please fix the vomiting issue. it's ridiculous...

Thanks for listening...

trrevv
04-01-2016, 11:32 PM
Keep the updates coming!;)

michael_the_deer
04-02-2016, 12:55 AM
"Don’t forget to be mindful of your wallet" Yeah, don't buy this game. lol

SEA DOG
04-02-2016, 03:50 AM
please bring back the old staff system and where are the security guards? I would rather have my staff just walk around the park and use the new staff rooms for just a brake room. and the entertainers entertain everyone in the park not just the peeps in line.

RCTFan
04-02-2016, 06:11 AM
Great! Thanks!

Ps: why this Early Access Blog is not visible in the main page of rollercoastertycoon.com ?

jerseygrrll
04-02-2016, 10:16 AM
Love the updates! Please bring back the ability to place maintenance staff where needed.

Levicoaster
04-02-2016, 02:49 PM

These sound interesting, I look forward to seeing them.

JoëlNL
04-02-2016, 06:19 PM
Thanks for the update team! :) It is appreciated!

ZeroBoogie
04-04-2016, 05:33 PM
Cool love all the changes and updates your about to do, love the game so far, but what about the erase tool, i've asked about a couple of times without any answer, will you improve it ?

uPrizZ.
04-04-2016, 07:02 PM
I think the best idea would be to write all the complaints, bugs and other issues + possible improvement ideas into one big thread. It would be surely more comprehensive for the devs to read and work on. Cos this game has a lot of issues and we need the improvements as fast as possible here

Cos u know if the fixes and improvements are not done quickly, people will just lose the little remaining interest in this game and if people lose interest I bet the game will get abandoned by creators.

Indeed. What we need is a well working and maintained bug tracker, so that the devs can mark bugs/task as fixed/done or WIP etc. That would be really awesome and definetly help the devs.

I personally have the problem that I cannot load a specific savagame of mine. It'll first load up, but as soon as it shows the park everything (but the sound) freezes and I have to hard close RCTW... Really sad because I put alot of work inside my park and now I cannot use it anymore. However this is definetly a bug that should be fixed as fast as possible.

@dev team: Good luck with the progress!

veggiet
04-04-2016, 09:04 PM

Really like these ideas, especially the fact that the employees get tired and need rest with the break rooms being a great addition! But I don't like the fact that you can't place the employees with the pincers.

mike++
04-04-2016, 09:43 PM
But I don't like the fact that you can't place the employees with the pincers.

You should be able to drag/drop the employees by holding down the left mouse button to activate the pincers. The path detection (or whatever logic they're using) is really buggy, but it is there.

S1m0nde
04-04-2016, 09:56 PM

On an end note, we are still working very hard on everything mentioned yesterday and on the next week update.

Keep on sharing your feedback, and keep submitting to us your awesome parks!

Better show what areas are not covering well:
Heat map?

It would be nice to understand more about the efficiency. Like how many ways can one man clean up?
At the moment I can only guess how many entertainers/janitors I need.

Themed staff buildings would be nice. The real parks do it so that the building fit better into the scene.

djshotty
04-05-2016, 12:43 AM
It would be nice to understand more about the efficiency. Like how many ways can one man clean up?Speaking of "cleaning up", remember in RCT3 how we could delete large sections of scenery, paths, buildings etc. in one fell swoop by highlighting grid sections? I'm having no end of trouble clearing out over 1000 trees one by one...

JCat_NYC
04-05-2016, 01:58 AM
Speaking of "cleaning up", remember in RCT3 how we could delete large sections of scenery, paths, buildings etc. in one fell swoop by highlighting grid sections? I'm having no end of trouble clearing out over 1000 trees one by one...

Wait, don't spend time doing that. Atari (Matt) said the next update, they would include a blank park (treeless) as people have already been asking for it. There are a few blank maps in the Steam workshop, but you can only "visit" them. The people who spent the time removing all the trees have no idea how you use their park. Yeah, how incredibly useful is that? You visit a blank park, wave hello, then exit. That's about all you can do with any park in fact. No interaction with community parks. They need to change this!

djshotty
04-05-2016, 02:10 AM
Wait, don't spend time doing that. Atari (Matt) said the next update, they would include a blank park (treeless) as people have already been asking for it. There are a few blank maps in the Steam workshop, but you can only "visit" them. The people who spent the time removing all the trees have no idea how you use their park. Yeah, how incredibly useful is that? You visit a blank park, wave hello, then exit. That's about all you can do with any park in fact. No interaction with community parks. They need to change this!It's not a case of having a 'treeless park' that I'm worried about; moreso editing larger sections of what I've built myself when I want to change the theme of, say, the north eastern quarter of the park...

dwwilkin
04-05-2016, 11:36 AM
At least let us choose to build a new flat ride, show us all the things that will are blocking it to be built where we want to, like trees, shrubes and rocks, and if we still want to build it there, let us do so...