PDA

View Full Version : Help with asset collision options!!

Tony2493
04-01-2016, 10:59 AM
Just need some clarification and a bit of know-how with collision options.

Where do I need to turn this option on or off? In unity or in my 3D modeling package?

I'm starting to create UGC using Blender and need to know if the object collision options are turned off and on in blender or unity and how to do so.

Thanks in advance.

MikeZeen
04-01-2016, 11:17 AM
The Collision of your object is turned on in the RCTW Plugin for Unity :)
There is an Option that says "Project has Collision". You have to enable this if you want collision for your object to be on.

Hope this helps

MikeZeen

shirty
04-01-2016, 11:17 AM
in Unity, more specifically in the RCTW plugin for Unity.
check in with the UGC wiki (https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/wiki_index.php?title=Basic-UGC-Instructions) if you have any issues not covered there then you can message me direct and i can maybe clear them up and add to the wiki if needed

Tony2493
04-01-2016, 11:31 AM
Thanks for the quick reply's, helps a lot guys cheers.

Will keep that in mind Shirty, I'm quite new to UGC and had blender for just over a year so still picking up new things on there, if I come across any problems in the future I'll be sure to ask your advice. The Wiki page that has the object collision tutorial on doesn't actually say where to find this option adding that may avoid future questions from those that are new to UGC like myself.

Thanks again.

shirty
04-01-2016, 11:35 AM
will do yeah when i wrote it out i was thinking of people getting to that page from a previous page,
ill update it so it makes more sense to those who didnt see the previous page :D

shirty
04-01-2016, 12:03 PM
I've made a few changes to the wiki that should hopefully make it a little more straight forward from any angle, also let me know if anything isn't working out for you...
I don't use blender at all so if anything turns out different due to how blender works that might be good to add for the blender users.

GL HF :D

Tony2493
04-03-2016, 03:42 PM
Thanks shirty, will stop any further confusion I think.

The "test" models I've made so far in Blender are pretty straight forward to import over to the RCTW unity plugin and from there they do show up in my local content in game. The only problem I'm having is getting the materials and textures to import with the model. After several attempts I've decided to look at applying the materials and textures to my model in unity once its been imported. Still checking out some tutorials on how to do that as I'm completely new to unity. Its an interesting learning curve haha. Determined to get there one day though.

shirty
04-03-2016, 03:52 PM
yeah unity shaders dont match with my 3d packages shaders. very little of what i do to materials in my 3d package carries over, its best not to do any material editing besides UV layouts and testing maps for fitting and alignment, editing specularity or other material aspects is pretty pointless until its in unity and you have the actual shader the game will use. its just how unity shaders are :/
you can get nice materials with the unity pbs though theres a link to a unity tutorial on materials in the wiki on the materials page Im sure theres plenty of others that are more indepth too somewhere on youtube