PDA

View Full Version : RCTW - Early Access Dev Blog #2 - Day 1 Feedback

CommunityAdmin
03-31-2016, 10:29 PM
Re-post from Steam RCTW News

Hello Tycoons,

We wanted to touch base with you on the first comments we have received in the first 24 hours, and share with you some of the immediate priorities we are addressing straightaway:

1- Graphical quality – Please adjust your settings as indicated below

Thank you for all your constructive feedback on the graphic settings of the game. We will try to address some of your questions and concerns in the following explanations. We hope the follow will help clarify a few points.

Note 1:
Some of you seem to experience lower than expected graphic quality. We believe this is due to our automatic graphic adjustment system. This system was implemented to automatically improve the frame-rate performance depending on your PC configurations. So yes, our default settings downgrade the assets.

While we work on overall graphical improvements, to make sure you run the game at the current highest graphic quality, you have to adjust the graphic settings as follows. To start, go into the Main Menu, then select ‘Options’ and go to ‘Graphics’, and make the adjustments as follows:

Quality settings: Set to custom
Shadows: Enable
Level of detail: Very High
HBAO+: Enable
Reflections: Enable
Anti-Aliasing: Enable
Shadow Distance: Very Far
Anisotropic Filtering: Enable
Better FPS over Graphics: Disable

If, you need more support on settings, please post your questions on this forum, we will try to help you as much as we can. https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?10235-RCTW-Read-Me-Tips-Tricks-Wikis-More

Note 2:
In the next few weeks, we will continue improving the graphics overall, but we will also optimize the game further to provide a better graphic quality to medium and low-end PC configurations.

We will adjust the LODS of our assets, work on ground textures, coloring and refinements of the ambient lighting. These visible improvements will be part of our regular updates and should address some of the issues players on the medium settings are experiencing.

Our final objective is for you to experience the highest graphic resolutions as possible with your configuration and it is certainly one of our main focus for the game. We will advise on this last objective once the steps above have been implemented.

2- Peeps animation (bugs!)

We have also noticed an important bug with our peep animation system that creates several issues. It unfortunately makes peeps sit through objects or not hold objects properly. I know some of you have reported those issues, thank you, they are now all logged. We agree with the community; this is an important issue that creates several visual bugs and it has our direct attention.

Please note it probably will take us some time and few updates before we can address all the glitches, due to the complexity of the issues and their relation to our peep ‘bones’… be reassured that we are actively working on it and we will update you with fixes as quickly as possible.

3- UGC Bug

We are currently investigating the issue some players are encountering accessing UGC. This is appearing infrequently – we will make sure it is fixed as soon as possible. Nvizzio developers and QA team is looking into the reproducible steps and solution to the problem. We will update you with more information as soon as we can.

4- 57% loading (Bug)

We are currently investigating this issue. Our team is trying to reproduce the bug and addressing the problem as soon as possible.

5- Next update
We are looking forward to next week’s update, where you will already be able to see bug fixes and improvements in the game.

Here is a list of cool new items that you will have:

1 new Flat Ride: The Typhoon

This Thrill Ride blends really well with our Adventure theme. We hope you and your peeps will really enjoy it. Give us your feedback!

Flat parks

Community is divided on the maps of the sandbox mode, some love the deformed and staged terrain, others would like it flat. We decided to offer you both! This option will be available in the next update.

Roofless Coaster Stations

UGC creators this is for you - we have noticed you want to create your own roofs and building styles. We will provide the base of our coaster station; this will give you the opportunity to dress it up like you want with your own building components!

Important Placement Drop Update

This is a first update on the placement of scenery items in the park. The drop of object on the terrain will feel more natural, which improves usability. Can’t wait to hear what you think once you see the improvement.

Here is a list of things you can expect to be fixed:

Peeps should sit properly on park benches. (First animation fix)
AI crash when peeps are picked up
Graphical fault with the Rings of Saturn
Illuminating lights on Space Wars
Park Ratings unlocks

Here is a list of improvements you can expect to be in next week’s release:

Finance Screen updates
Default Pricing Adjustments
Coaster Cam rotation improvements
Queues creation improvements
Modifying terrain function producing an X instead of an invalid location notification

We will frequently keep you informed of all our future updates, improvements and bug fixes - Please continue being active in our forums, we value your feedback and suggestions, and thanks for working with us directly to shape the game in Early Access.

In particular, let us know about your graphical settings.

See you in the park!

RCTWLemondude617
03-31-2016, 11:52 PM
Re-post from Steam RCTW News

This is how I believe public communication should be handled with this game - a 100% honest "This is what we are doing approach." I really hope this continues in the future; as it's almost crystal clear as to what is happening with the update. Also, you clearly say next week in this blog...being compared to previous handling of times and dates, it's definitely a step up. Well done; best of luck for this game in the future :)

dwwilkin
04-01-2016, 01:36 AM
Updates like this is great. I hope we can get these frequently

S1m0nde
04-01-2016, 03:53 AM
Updates like this is great. I hope we can get these frequently

Totally agree! I´m surprised in a good way.

Jasler
04-01-2016, 05:01 AM
I really love to hear this, hope the updates will reach us soon! :D

And finally, THIS is communication! Good job :-)

GGD123
04-01-2016, 05:11 AM
What does the default pricing update include? I liked the idea that my peeps were paying $7.50 for a drink

Casiquire
04-01-2016, 09:52 AM
This was a very quick pleasant surprise, thanks so much! Let's keep this going.

davaze
04-01-2016, 10:04 AM
What about the path connecting system? It is terrible to connect paths where you want. The same goes for objects placement, why there are so many invalid places which do not look invalid at all. This was already an issue during first beta and it still is. Hope to see some improvements there as well.

qscott86
04-01-2016, 10:27 AM
What about puke all over the park?

cupofjoe
04-01-2016, 01:02 PM
I guess I didn't realize how awful my PC is at handling graphics because even with the lowest possible settings, the FPS is so low I can barely play. I'm not saying this a fault of the game, I'm actually appreciative of the level of detail, but I'm excited to see that they're still working on improving the settings for all users.

Edit: I'm running an Intel i3, and I just checked the minimum requirements for the game which says i5. Guess I should have looked sooner :rolleyes:

Tobi4
04-01-2016, 01:24 PM
Thank you so much for this post! :) You can't imagine how appreciated and motivating it is to see the developers share their progress with us.

Can't wait for all the coming updates, really looking forward to this game becoming better and better!

iDeanJ
04-01-2016, 04:30 PM
VERY excited for the future of RCTW! It's been a rough road so far, but I'm confident we'll see brighter days as the development process continues!

Kombiice
04-01-2016, 05:20 PM
Those are updates that we like!

jerseygrrll
04-01-2016, 06:05 PM
Thanks for the update. Please keep them coming!

doobieters
04-02-2016, 05:55 AM
When can we expect the rollout of this update?

MJK1988
04-03-2016, 05:09 AM
Yes! Flat parks! I've been having fun playing so far but having a flat park in sandbox mode is very welcome!

AaronTuckwell
04-03-2016, 09:32 AM
If the updates are weekly and consistently addresses the bugs over on the tracker forum.. and the communication is honest, as detailed and open like this one is, then you might just restore some faith with players.

Although, an acknowledgement of bugs reported would be nice... We're sending them all in for you guys and nothing back.. Even if it's just a "Thanks for the report, we're doing XXX with it" or "This isn't a bug, I've sent to the suggestions team" etc...

doobieters
04-03-2016, 09:55 AM
If the updates are weekly and consistently addresses the bugs over on the tracker forum.. and the communication is honest, as detailed and open like this one is, then you might just restore some faith with players.

Although, an acknowledgement of bugs reported would be nice... We're sending them all in for you guys and nothing back.. Even if it's just a "Thanks for the report, we're doing XXX with it" or "This isn't a bug, I've sent to the suggestions team" etc...

You can see a status update of your reported bug. 2 out of 3 of the bugs that i reported are closed because they were not reproducable appartently and one bug is reported for internal QA..

senior_2010hc
09-28-2016, 01:10 AM
Hey You also cannot build on Bridges or any elevated paths.. and on my game the peeps walk normal up close.. but as soon as you zoom out just a little.. they just float/levitate everywhere they go.. I am dissapointed with the graphics in this game.. Planet coaster has you beat there.. And for the paths... Its all kinds of hell just trying to get the paths to connect half the time.. You should make it kinda old school from RCT 1 where you could build a big plazza of path however big you want.. but with a new school touch like adding a curved path like you did.. Anyone agree??

senior_2010hc
09-28-2016, 01:12 AM
Hey You also cannot build on Bridges or any elevated paths.. and on my game the peeps walk normal up close.. but as soon as you zoom out just a little.. they just float/levitate everywhere they go.. I am dissapointed with the graphics in this game.. Planet coaster has you beat there.. And for the paths... Its all kinds of hell just trying to get the paths to connect half the time.. You should make it kinda old school from RCT 1 where you could build a big plazza of path however big you want.. but with a new school touch like adding a curved path like you did.. Anyone agree??

Also Add Nvidia 3D Vision 2 Support

Beaker86
09-28-2016, 04:12 AM

Building on raised paths is something much requested and elevated scenery was hinted at in the PxP devstream so hopefully this will be part of that.
The peeps sliding as you zoom out is currently an optimisation issue and I'm hoping that they put a lot of work into the peeps before launch.
As for the paths it is much easier than it was at the release. You can make a sort of plaza if you set a PxP grid and line the paths up using that.
3D support- i dont think so the game is too far in to development to make big changes like that and probably this is the first time I've seen this feature requested.