PDA

View Full Version : Custom Peep Skins

TREPI
03-31-2016, 12:48 PM
Any news about custom peep skins (creation, downloads)? Because the wiki page is still blank. :/

shirty
04-01-2016, 11:22 AM
I will have a look at getting through the peep re-skinning system when i finish work.
I believe it is functional but as far as I know nobody has yet tried it, I know I havn't.
Feel free to have a go at it, or hold back until I or someone else has it figured out

TREPI
04-01-2016, 02:14 PM
I will have a look at getting through the peep re-skinning system when i finish work.
I believe it is functional but as far as I know nobody has yet tried it, I know I havn't.
Feel free to have a go at it, or hold back until I or someone else has it figured out I will try it out with Fuse today and then we can see if we can make the peeps pretty :)

TREPI
04-01-2016, 05:29 PM
Well, I experimented a little bit around with the RCTW plugin, and with the option "Add content" -> "Peep skin" you can choose the type of peep you want to modify (child, teen, adult || male, female). Then you get a template peep skin as a .tga-file that you can edit in Photoshop etc, but as my skills with design in Photoshop are very bad, I wonder if there is a program that makes it easier and is compatible with this file.

Casiquire
04-02-2016, 05:22 PM
Now I if only we could mod the peep behaviors too...lol!

shirty
04-03-2016, 12:12 AM
I did try this out the other day and found it had a few issues, which i have passed along.
it does indeed work but with staff at least it is a texture replacer I guess if you wanted to change uniform colour it would be very easy, but it doesnt have enough options to really give all the peeps an overhaul, or to add to the population.
I have done a write up on the subject, i just want to do more experimenting with more types of peeps but I would say its not quite ready for proper usage just yet due to a few bugs in the system, its not far off but its not quite right :(