PDA

View Full Version : Closed Beta & Open Beta

Pvt.Luek
12-13-2014, 09:33 AM
The questions pretty simple... Are we likely to have a Beta for this game???

I know if there is a closed Beta it'd be limited in numbers.... I just want to know if you are doing a Beta session & if so when its likely to be... I've been a life long fan of the RCT series and have played since the first one came out back in 1999!

Soooo.....Can you put my name down for Closed Beta if you do one :o :p

Cigfu
12-13-2014, 10:15 AM
I suspect a beta will be going out to journalists and popular youtubers rather than the averages fan of the series. I hope they do give us something juicy to sink our teeth into but the amount of companies who still do this is rather small. Betas and demos take up valuable time and money, though the feed back they can get from their customers is priceless.

dwwilkin
12-13-2014, 11:35 AM
I would hope for a closed Beta, but from a good cross section of gamers. For Soaked and Wild, when Atari/Frontier opened this to the community through the Forums, we had a great deal of feedback, much more than RCT3 had when Frontier went it alone. However, several identified bugs were still left in game as time constraints seemed to push the game out.

One thing we got when we went through the Beta process was PAUSE-P as I recall. Perhaps it was an oversight when Frontier was developing the initial version of RCT3, but the community was able to suggest this and got it adopted into Soaked. A cross section of testers, from experienced gamers, to novices, opens up the door to learning what the ultimate audience will experience.

Encouraging Area 52 to even find a challenged father with a tech savvy 4 year old gamer (there seemed to be hundreds of such at the Forums for RCT3 not only asking for guidance but saying how when purchasing for that 4 year old, did not know how great the bonding time would turn out to be) to test too.

pHScale
12-13-2014, 09:31 PM
If the closed beta is going out to youtubers, I nominate FLUXtrance (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnUWlZZoYZS1IotzB9ytWeg). He has a rather large (for such an old game), loyal following of people interested in this series, so I think he'd be perfect.

Lilyfay
12-14-2014, 09:36 AM
I would also love to help out with beta testing.

Frank
12-14-2014, 10:51 AM
My to, but i think they aren't doing random people from the forum in the beta testing. :(

CreamyBeef
12-14-2014, 03:33 PM
They will probably do experienced people who have done it for them before (like DWWilkin).

dwwilkin
12-14-2014, 06:16 PM
They will probably do experienced people who have done it for them before (like DWWilkin).

I am crossing my fingers that I shall be a chosen one, and even hired to write the Prima Style Guide (Now wouldn't that be great!) as in the last 10 years I have become a published author going beyond just writing the previous Scenario Guides for RCT3 at the last forums.

Yoshi
12-15-2014, 02:48 PM
Yeah, the best thing to do with a closed beta is to get a good cross section of people with different play styles who represent the community as a whole. I wouldn't be surprised though if Atari decide to go the route of open beta testing through early access on Steam.

The Skipper
12-15-2014, 04:15 PM
Closed or open, most from previous beta's will be first offered, and more than likely all will come from here.

dwwilkin
12-15-2014, 04:32 PM
So happy to see The Skipper on the Forum. I had dropped out of the community some years ago but some of my fondest memories of Forum time was with TheSkipper

blueangel8xxx
12-20-2014, 05:54 AM
I'd love to play a demo of the game or something like that before hand. Beta testing would be good too. Also with the lack of content and no gameplay besides a quick trailer shown really, I'd like to at least know what Im buying before I do..

strakerak
12-20-2014, 03:02 PM
I used to do a lot of Roller Coaster Tycoon stuff on YouTube back in 2008. But it was around June when I decided to remove all of my old videos and start over since I went inactive and lost a lot of subscribers. It would be pretty cool to start some hype again by beta testing and uploading content to Youtube :)