PDA

View Full Version : The Real Theme Park Structure UGC Thread

SuddenStorm
03-29-2016, 03:01 AM
Hey all-

I know one major appeal of playing a game like RCTW is to build your favorite real life theme park in the game. I thought it'd be good to make this thread for people trying to replicate real structures to come together and collaborate. I've never worked with 3D modeling before, but once the game is released in EA I will start working on buildings from Six Flags Magic Mountain and Disneyland (Anaheim).

davaze
03-29-2016, 03:28 AM
One idea could be to create build sets instead of a whole building. That way other buildings could be created with your set as well. Especially if UGC can be combined with custom building tools, like wall pieces, roof pieces, doors, windows etc. Just an idea.

SuddenStorm
03-29-2016, 03:43 AM
One idea could be to create build sets instead of a whole building. That way other buildings could be created with your set as well. Especially if UGC can be combined with custom building tools, like wall pieces, roof pieces, doors, windows etc. Just an idea.

This is actually a great idea, that way anyone interested can create a park "in the style of Six Flags" without it being exactly what Six Flags is in real life. The extent to which I personally create custom content will depend on how I like the game, and how much time I have to learn what I'm doing. If someone were to do this though for popular building styles that aren't just the generic "medieval castle" "western building" etc, and make a "Fantasyland building pieces", "Six Flags Plaza building pieces" that would be awesome.

Mattlab
03-29-2016, 10:02 AM
Yes, one of our testers created a UGC castle set because that is what he was interested in putting in his park. There are two ways the community can in theory play with UGC. 1 - make entire premade buildings to place into the game or 2 - make sets of walls, roofs, etc and then allow others to make things with them.

davaze
03-29-2016, 10:44 AM
What grid size to use when creating build pieces so they will snap together correctly?