PDA

View Full Version : A Short Message from Atari's CEO

Mattlab
03-28-2016, 09:05 PM
Hi all,

We saw some of you had questions about the long term commitment of Atari to the franchise so here is a short message from our CEO Fred Chesnais:

Dear Tycoons,

This is Fred Chesnais, CEO of Atari. Some of you have questions about the long-term commitment of Atari in regards to RollerCoaster Tycoon World, so I thought I wanted to chime in to explain our commitment to the franchise.

A little backstory: I returned to Atari in early 2013 after several years away from the company. I came back for two key reasons - I love the brand and everything that goes with it, and I love RollerCoaster Tycoon (I was with Atari Interactive when we released RollerCoaster Tycoon 3). Following my return, the next phase of the RCT franchise was foremost on my mind. I have supported RCTW since the beginning, I supported our internal production team and our devs up to this Early Access release, and I will keep doing so in the future.

What you have in Early Access today is a game that already has a large set of features – a flexible platform upon which you can build, share what you have created with the community, and utilize assets created by other players. This game still has bugs and will benefit from new features which we will add. We have a roadmap we are fully committed to. All of this will add tremendously to the game.

Without you, we wouldn’t be here and I hope you will feel re-assured that we are in it for the long haul. For those of you who have decided to board the Early Access coaster now, I thank you for your confidence and your support.

Sincerely,
Fred Chesnais

AstroTron
03-28-2016, 09:14 PM
This is great thanks.

GGD123
03-28-2016, 09:19 PM
Can't wait til Wednesday. I never cancelled my pre order and was never going to.

AtiTech
03-29-2016, 02:44 AM
Can't wait til Wednesday. I never cancelled my pre order and was never going to.

same here :)

Jasler
03-29-2016, 02:52 AM

Yup! Same for me :D

TataNiqqa
03-29-2016, 05:04 AM
I have also pre-ordered, and I trust Atari this will be a great game. Maybe not at the start, but later on it will be :).

S1m0nde
03-29-2016, 05:59 AM
Yup! Same for me :D

Me, too! I hoped for that and it is good to hear something from the head personally.

Jack Bauer
03-29-2016, 08:33 AM
Hey !

Will we have at some point, informations about what happened to this game with the old game studios ?

I'm very happy with the work done by Nvizzio and clearly can't wait for EA, but I just wanna know what's make you change your mind at Atari !

Ecko0914
03-29-2016, 09:21 AM
Same here. Every one was up in arms over the release and the negativity, yet I stood firm. Finally we have a game to play and our pre order comes with the bonus content!

kdt1970
03-29-2016, 10:58 AM

Same here, I love RCT and wouldn't cancel if it took another year to come out.

trrevv
03-29-2016, 09:45 PM
I per-ordered when you said Early Access, i think it is a wonderful idea. Cheers to a good year for RCTW :cool:

fifthrider
04-01-2016, 04:01 PM
Messages like this restore my faith in a company. Thank you Fred. Sounds like it's in good hands.

faceless252
04-03-2016, 05:10 PM
Hello Atari dude.

I could write a list as long as my arm with stuff I would like for this game, mods etc but I would be here all day. I want to thank you for sticking with RCTW despite the sad little people that want to slate all your hard work thus far.

I know there is a lot of work to be done and all I ask is that you don't forget about us that are actually playing, building within the game.

There is still so much work to be done and anyone creative will know this is not an over night thing.

I am here for as long as it takes.

Its been so good to see so many creating already. Lets keep that spirit going.

Varhaatus
04-03-2016, 09:12 PM
Really dislike all this "Oh it's early access" stuff.

It's a game that should have released twice and did not, this is not early access this is "**** we need money"

The game has been delayed twice, nothing "early" about it.

urdoomd
04-04-2016, 08:52 PM
Really dislike all this "Oh it's early access" stuff.

It's a game that should have released twice and did not, this is not early access this is "**** we need money"

The game has been delayed twice, nothing "early" about it.
I've followed games that have taken a lot longer than RCTW to be released from one release to the next. I'm also sick of "Oh, it's early access" stuff, but I'm sick of the people complaining about how they get to play a game they paid for AFTER it's been released and they're bitching because they get to actually play it BEFORE it's released and help out the devs. I think it's a smart move and we'll be able to see it move along quicker with the help from the community. There was a reason it wasn't released... twice.

That being said, I was one of the people thinking about a refund, but I didn't because I want RCTW to succeed. This statement further restores my faith that this will not just be shoved aside later on and they'll continue to update it like they have with the previous RCT titles. I thank you most of all for NOT doing just a weekend beta which I most likely would have either missed, or only been able to put in a couple hours at most. I'm enjoying RCTW despite the (even somewhat major) bugs. Thank you for taking time to give a shout out to the community. It is very much appreciated.

rhpsfan
04-08-2016, 01:18 PM
Would rather 13 years for this game,I can see your point when it comes to this game taking a year to develop,but I'm glad it's out.
I feel sorry for the "Duke Nukem" fans who waited 13 years for "Duke Nukem Forever" only to have that game turn into absolute ****.

TheMagicianThing
04-08-2016, 01:29 PM
Would rather 13 years for this game,I can see your point when it comes to this game taking a year to develop,but I'm glad it's out.
I feel sorry for the "Duke Nukem" fans who waited 13 years for "Duke Nukem Forever" only to have that game turn into absolute ****.
they took 15 years of development for duke nukem forever actually o: ^^ (and personally I don't think it was that bad, just over hyped by the fans which crushed their own expectations)

GaleofWind
05-06-2016, 03:48 PM
I have supported RCTW since the beginning
And now I think it is time you should stop.

urdoomd
05-06-2016, 04:01 PM
Well, your username sure suits you. You sure it's not just a bunch of hot air?

Horsti12
05-06-2016, 06:20 PM
Welcome Hater. Nice to just come here and create a account to hate.

Kombiice
05-06-2016, 06:37 PM

Was it necessary to create an account for saying that ? :confused:

Casiquire
05-07-2016, 04:44 PM
Was it necessary to create an account for saying that ? :confused:

LOL I don't think it was.