PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars UGC

doobieters
03-28-2016, 05:36 AM
There is a website called Clara.io where you can download free 3D Star Wars models for Blender. If I get it right we will be able to import those models straight into our Early Access game. The models are pretty detailed too and i think they can be adjusted (for example to get supports under an X-Wing).

Here is a link to the website where you can download the Blender Models:
https://clara.io/library?query=starwars

Here are some images of the models:

MJK1988
03-28-2016, 05:59 AM
I'm a huge Star Wars fan so I would definitely download these. A real life sized Millennium Falcon (compared to the RCTW peeps) would be so great to have.

doobieters
03-28-2016, 06:14 AM
I'm a huge Star Wars fan so I would definitely download these. A real life sized Millennium Falcon (compared to the RCTW peeps) would be so great to have.

Mattlab told us that we can maybe expect custom sounds for props. Imagine that for a Star Wars prop.:o

Sound effects: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dav5kn_8BmY

MJK1988
03-28-2016, 06:17 AM
And of course the custom music for rides. I will definitely add some Star Wars music as soon as that's possible. John Williams is so good.

doobieters
03-28-2016, 06:20 AM
I hope the UGC system is stable enough to have multiple custom UGC objects in your park. I've read somewhere else that Mattlab had some stability issues in the current build if a UGC object is corrupt, which led to the game crashing.

Fingers crossed!! And lightsabers.

redyar
03-28-2016, 06:31 AM
What about copyright infringements in the steam workshop? Will an object disappear from the park when it gets removed from the workshop? What if I share my park with a such an object?

S1m0nde
03-28-2016, 06:57 AM
You find a lot of Star Wars, Marvel and more free 3D Models here. Just use the search. Import in Unity is easy. Already tested that.
http://tf3dm.com/3d-models/all

doobieters
03-28-2016, 07:19 AM
You find a lot of Star Wars, Marvel and more free 3D Models here. Just use the search. Import in Unity is easy. Already tested that.
http://tf3dm.com/3d-models/all

Great, that website had even more content!!

Jasler
03-28-2016, 07:25 AM
What about copyright infringements in the steam workshop? Will an object disappear from the park when it gets removed from the workshop? What if I share my park with a such an object?

THIS is a good question!

S1m0nde
03-28-2016, 07:56 AM
I only know that there are buildings in the workshops in cities skylines that are rebuilt from the reality. Archiects have a copy right aswell but the models haven´t been removed.

The license from the link that I posted was:
This files are licensed under the Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License. In short: you are free to distribute and modify the file as long as you attribute it's author(s)

I guess it is easy to attribute the author in the workshop. It isn´t sold so it it is noncommercial.

What do you think about it?

Casiquire
03-29-2016, 10:54 AM

I'm looking at other games, copyright within UGC doesn't seem to be much of a concern. I think if someone were to upload Taylor Swift's album for use in park speakers, that would be a concern and should get taken down immediately. As far as visual designs go though Steam and Atari get the YouTube-like benefit of hosting user-created content that can't be 100% perfectly monitored for protected content, and in this case (unlike YouTube) there's little possibility of revenue loss to the copyright holder due to something someone uploads.

The one big exception is if someone SELLS protected Blender models and then somebody else posts them in the workshop. That's very different from making Star Wars land though.

Casiquire
03-29-2016, 10:56 AM

Good questions, I believe Mattlab said that if a shared park uses an item that the new user doesn't have, it just won't be there.

redyar
03-29-2016, 12:21 PM
Good questions, I believe Mattlab said that if a shared park uses an item that the new user doesn't have, it just won't be there.

Are you sure? As far as I can remember the game will synchronize it. But to be honest, thats what I was looking forward to. I am not sure if Matt confirmed that. Maybe it was just a dream. :D

The one big exception is if someone SELLS protected Blender models and then somebody else posts them in the workshop. That's very different from making Star Wars land though.

Thats what I am talking about! Or.. what if somebody shares the bonus flatride from the deluxe version for example..

Casiquire
03-29-2016, 12:36 PM
Aah, I thought this was about obvious trademarks line Star Wars. I'll do a search for the post I'm thinking of, maybe we'll clear this up!

Casiquire
03-29-2016, 12:56 PM
Wow I actually found it. I'm amazed lol

So just checked with our dev team on this on this - unfortunately due to Steam restrictions we can't download UGC for you. However, if you subscribe to the UGC content you are using from someone else or already have the content it will remain in the game.

Thus if you don't have the UGC it will simply be empty where it was but if you do it will be there.

redyar
03-29-2016, 03:14 PM
Wow I actually found it. I'm amazed lol

Oh lol, yeah it was a dream I guess :D

shirty
03-30-2016, 04:49 PM
As i was a tester of UGC system I can now answer a few of the questions raised here. Rctw or steam wont remove something for copyright reasons unless the owner of the rights requests its removal via the workshop flagging process.

About the audio... it was initially discovered that audio could be added but it wasnt tested very much untill yesterday when i found that the volume fade for audio sources doesnt work possibly due to how rctw audio is outputted. I have made a suggestion to tweak the plugin to allow audio sources to link in properly so the volume isnt heard globally but this isnt likely to happen instantly. Sorry about this but hopefully a solution is found so we can add audio properly. Maybe someone can figure out whats needs to be done in the mean time? Its beyond me I pressed every button available and I couldnt get a range fade to work